Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you spend New Years Eve with your OH?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Ah sorry! :) Nah on a normal night that'd be fine, of course you don't have to invite the persons OH, but I was saying in the case of a special occasion where the couple would probably prefer to be together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

star-pants wrote: »
    Ah sorry! :) Nah on a normal night that'd be fine, of course you don't have to invite the persons OH, but I was saying in the case of a special occasion where the couple would probably prefer to be together.

Yeah that's what everyone else meant too I presume.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

oops

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Yeah, we'll be spending it together. I'm off on holidays the following day so I won't be partying too much, but I wouldn't spend it without him <3

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

ive spent the last 2 new years with my ex, gonna be a bit weird this year but gonna go out & have fun & hopefully not think about him at all :D

i know a lot of couples that wont be spending it together, cause of work or holidays or whatever. if new years is actually important to you then i understand why you would be annoyed at no invite. im not a big new years fan though, always a bit of an anti-climax.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

OP, is there something you're leaving out? Do you get on with his brother/girlfriend? Have they ever met you? Are you and your b/f going through a rocky patch?

To be honest, any reasonable person wouldn't do this, so I wonder is there more to this?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I'd love to, but he's working :(.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

I start the year as i mean to go on so i spend mine with my children. And yes OH will be there too :D

I wouldnt feel right about not being with my kids even though they are asleep. I'll kiss them at midnight while they sleep and make a wish that they will always be with me throughout the year. (meaning that nothing happens to them throughout the year, its my biggest fear, every mothers i'm sure) :(

I've never been out on a New Years Eve even when single, I dont know why but it doesnt appeal to me now that i'm old and superstitious :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Its like this, when ever I have a party or a get together I always make it clear partners are welcome to my friends, but I leave it to them to decide if they want their partner there. So if the OP wasn't invited, its probably because here other half doesn't want her there.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Yup, we're staying in though, my friends are having a family type night in in s friends house and if we went we'd have to book somewhere to stay, so its just us for the night.

• Advertisement

Dudess wrote: »
    Am indeed. We're just going to the pub with lots of mates, then a house party. I have to go out for new year's - stayed in once with an ex and it was horribly dull. Clock struck midnight and it was "eh... happy new year..." :)

Any mates you could go out with?

It's disappointing for the OP certainly, but I don't understand... why should the guy's brother and his girlfriend feel obliged to invite her?

They are together 3 years, which even at a young age would warrant a certain level of commitment IMO
    I'll be going away to Wicklow with my OH and his friends

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

Personally I'd be a little put out at not being invited. I'm headed to a little drinks night with my OH (as he is coming from Dublin i'll head there first and he'll follow). I am looking forward to it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭lovemypinkhat

A friend said it to me today actually, asked would it be weird for me because we (the OH and I) weren't spending it together (we're going out with respective friends). We go to college together so when Christmas comes around I like to spend a lot of it with family and friends I wouldn't see a lot. And he's the same. So we're spending it apart. But we're going to Paris next week together (my bday pressie!) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

This is my first new years with my boyfriend, and we're spending it together at one of my friend's parties and then going back to his gaf sometime in the noight.
    New years is for friends and boy/girlfriends. Christmas is for family though

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 294 ✭✭XJR

We usually spend NYE together but for the last few years we have have had a third along to spice it up and start the year with a bang.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

I think the issue the OP should be having is with her OH and not his brother.

My OH to is guard!ing the streets of dubland to, so is not spending it with me, it really upsets me, I just want to be with him and thats it. At midnight i will be crying because i want to be with him and nobody else.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Fox McCloud

The last two years have been spnt with the OH but this year have to work :( damn bar work! t'will be strange ringing in the new year with the people i work with rather than friends!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭aloevera

theboyf and i always spend it together. TBH i couldnt imagine not spending it without him, and i dont think he could either... ..

not many people enjoy new years though, i even know a good few couple who stay in etc..

we love it though, new yers kiss and all..

Advertisement