Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

installing

Options
  • 26-12-2008 3:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

i have installed the game but everytime i click the shortcut it says:the application failed to initalize properly(Oxc0150002).Click ok to terminate this application.Whats the problem?Will it work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

Is it the only computer you have installed it on?

Problem with The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002) error, the solutions just a simple, entering to folder installation your Football Manager 2009 (FM 09) usually at C:/program files/sport interactives/Football Manager 2009/directx. Install dotnetfx.exe

DotNet2.0 to be exact. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0856eacb-4362-4b0d-8edd-aab15c5e04f5&displaylang=en

Same solution explained differently:

1) Please navigate to the following directory:

XP users: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate

Vista users: C:\Program Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate

2) Please ensure that it is the \certificate directory you are located in

3) Delete all content

4) Reboot the machine

5) Reactivate the game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭longfordjames

where do you write that??????????????????????

What? You don't understand it?

Install DotNet 2.0 and try that first. Then go route 2 if that fails.

The certificate folder may be hidden by the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

remember if you installed via Steam the program files for Football manager will be in the steam folder, default being:

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2009

i dont have broadband will it take long?????????????????????????????????????????

• Advertisement

i dont have broadband will it take long?????????????????????????????????????????

DotNet thing is 22.MB. If your using dialup then it's going to take about an hour and may or may not work.

If you go route 2 you won't have to download anything unless you used steam which will download the patches which will take you a very long time, but you could always cancel them.

Route 2 just reactivating the product not download the whole game again.

im going route2 where do i type it???????????????????????????????????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

read it again... he's already told you what to do.
    Same solution explained differently:

1) Please navigate to the following directory:

XP users: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate

Vista users: C:\Program Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate

2) Please ensure that it is the \certificate directory you are located in

3) Delete all content

4) Reboot the machine

5) Reactivate the game

Just delete the contents of the certificate folder and reactivate as normal. If that doesn't work the you need to go route one because I suspect that your machine is not fully up to date because you don't have broadband.

Still not working..Icant follow those instructions..I was never asked to put in the code on the manual

• Advertisement

Still not working..Icant follow those instructions..I was never asked to put in the code on the manual

Do you have the physical copy of the game?

If so install it from the disk without using steam.

Advertisement