Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

spurs v fulham

Options
  • 26-12-2008 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

just watched the match on line. decent enough game with good possesion but very little threat in front of goal by either side. we had the better of the play but apart from a lennon strike which forced a great save by schwarzer and an andy johnson attemp, being the best chances. decent point but a better point for fulham than us.

any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

keane=cock wrote: »
    just watched the match on line. decent enough game with good possesion but very little threat in front of goal by either side. we had the better of the play but apart from a lennon strike which forced a great save by schwarzer and an andy johnson attemp, being the best chances. decent point but a better point for fulham than us.

any thoughts?

Spot on review - fairly tame stuff.

City 4 up and West Ham win 4-1 - not a good day

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

A relegation fight is looming in the new year for us, i just hope we're up for it...:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

before harry redknapp took over i couldnt have seen us even being in witha chance of getting ourselves into the dogfight to be honest!

a few wins and results going in our favour, which didnt happen today, and we will put some day light between us and the chasing pack. need to really beat the teams around us and not loose to the likes of newcastle like last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Genuinely Worried again.

Haven't scored a league goal at home since blackburn.
    3 blanks in a row.

After todays showing, can't really see this trend changing much.

We need some fresh faces.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

keane=cock wrote: »
    decent enough game with good possesion ]

Was at the game today and thought it was far from decent, it was painfull, very painfull to watch. No creativity, bent was awful, campbell ran lots when introduced but provided nothing, Pav tried hard but we resorted to long ball stuff once he was on, Jenas was terrible, slow, ponderous, seemed to think he had all day to dwell on the ball.
    Bentley was shocking, poor control, worse passing and didnt even seem interested, got cheered by the crowd when his number appeared on the subs board, he was muck today and looks completely bereft of confidence.

On the plus side, King was great as usual, corluka and lennon tried hard and Gomez looked commanding. And my least favourite spurs player BAE actually played very well, covered and tackled well and always offered an outlet on the left and was our best crosser of a ball today.

Its going to be a long second half to the season unless Harry can produce something out of the hat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

tippspur wrote: »
    A relegation fight is looming in the new year for us, i just hope we're up for it...:mad:
    I'm a Gooner but yas have far much quality compared to the otehr teams around you and you also have Harry Houdini. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

muchsy, i am not a big fan on BAE myself but i think himself and lennon have been our best players this season. think gomez has come on in leaps and bounds and has got alot of confidence at the min. agree than we were lack lustered and creatred lettle. need something up top. long ball is not the way forward as spurs have always tried to play good passing football. its the reason i follow them.

Advertisement