Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Releases this year you're looking forward to?

Options
  • 26-12-2008 5:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭

Really anticipating the new Manics and Muse album, the former due for release around March and containing Richey Edwards final lyrics, and the latter due at the end of the year and a supposed return to the much heavier sound of Origin of Symmetry

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭yevveh

Cool, marginally curious in hearing Muse's new stuff. Prefer everything before Absolution to everything they've done since, but maybe there'll be a few good tracks.

Really looking forward to Sunset Rubdown's new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

marmaduke duke

sucioperro

seriously i've heard a few tracks of each of the above and they are already good contenders for albums of the year :D

also hopefully biffy clyro will redeem themselves with an album that will help me forget that the shambles that puzzle was ever existed.

also idlewild will be worth a listen again to see if they can redeem themselves.

lol just noticed all the bands i mentioned are scottish, think i may have a fettish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

Animal Collective - Merriweather Post Pavilion (listening to a kinda low quality leak now, sounds like it's gonna be great!) January 2009

Telefon Tel Aviv - Immolate Yourself (sounds a lot more M83-ish from the two or three tracks blogged online) January too.

My Bloody Valentine new album (hopefully!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭The Hustler

marmaduke duke

sucioperro

seriously i've heard a few tracks of each of the above and they are already good contenders for albums of the year :D

also hopefully biffy clyro will redeem themselves with an album that will help me forget that the shambles that puzzle was ever existed.

also idlewild will be worth a listen again to see if they can redeem themselves.

lol just noticed all the bands i mentioned are scottish, think i may have a fettish.

Didn't know they had some new stuff out, I'll defo check that out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

Bruce Springsteen, and hopefully Muse and Bright Eyes will release there new ones next year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Muse, Idlewild, Bright Eyes, Biffy Clyro.... that'll do for a start!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Nothing in particular. Becoming somewhat disenchanted with the whole genre.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Final Fantasy, don't fail me now baby...

Zach Condon's new thing might be this year, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I must admit I've been living under a rock in terms of music for the past 6 months, have no idea whats coming out.

Personally I'd like new offerings from The Decemberists, Okkervil River, Postal Service and Final Fantasy. Would also love if Colin Meloy came out with one of his cover releases of a band/artist I actually had an interest in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

I am looking forward to the new Manics album too. Steve Albini is recording it!

• Advertisement

Timans wrote: »
    I am looking forward to the new Manics album too. Steve Albini is recording it!

Yep! :D

Working title 'Journal for Plague Lovers'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Can't think of that much, tbh.
    New Klaxons album would be a good start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭hatful

Morrissey - "Years of Refusal"

Burial - "Dj kicks" - (Remix album)

For me those two outfits will blow the 2008 acts out of the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Placid_Casual

Personally, i'm looking forward to discovering new acts that I haven't yet heard of or who have previously passed me by.
    Most of my favourite albums of 2008 fell under this category.

To be honest, I don't know which more established bands are actually planning releases in 2009. Of those mentioned above i'll be interested in the Manics and Idlewild albums but i'd hardly say i'm excited about them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭HouseHippo

Looking forward to anything new from interpol.
    Can't wait to hear Ra Ra Riot and Late of the Pier's latest offerings.Hoping for an Angel pier album.

Sixteen layers release their album in Jan,definitely worth a listen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

Looking forwad to the new muse record, although that could be pushed back til 2010.

Foals either have been, or are soon to be recording their new stuff in Hawaii, so fingers
    crossed on anew album from them. I reckon it will make or break their career.

Im kinda up in the air as to whether i want to hear anything new from blur.

And i serioulsy hope that BRMC can do something to make up for their last "attempt" at a CD.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

And i serioulsy hope that BRMC can do something to make up for their last "attempt" at a CD.

I hope you mean the Effects of 333 rather than Baby 81 because I loved Baby 81, it's a solid record. I look forward to their DVD next year since it will have footage from Dublin.

I'm really looking forward to new Manics record - complete with Richey lyrics and produced by Albini. Sure to be dark and disturbed.
    I bet a friend €20 last year that the Klaxons would still be relevant/as popular on the 2nd record so I need them to pull this one out of the bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Kid V

plazzTT wrote: »
    Animal Collective - Merriweather Post Pavilion (listening to a kinda low quality leak now, sounds like it's gonna be great!)

Me too!! The live versions sound fantastic so cant wait to see what they've done in the studio/woods. Wherever it is they go to get those sounds! If the album is half as good as the last i'll be very happy indeed:D

I'm excited about new releases by Bon Iver, Broken Records, LCD Soundsystem and Yeah Yeah Yeahs.

Also looking forward to a new Avalanches album?? They have to be the Guns n Roses of electronic music. Its been 9 years since their debut!

LCD SOUNDSYSTEM!??!

My God, I'd forgotten about them. Well, after a boring old 2008, 2008 could be awesome...

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭yevveh

after a boring old 2008, 2008 could be awesome...

Screw you 2008 - here's to 2008 :D

on topic: I forgot about Biffy's upcoming album. Puzzle was good - I mean, it has about 4-5 of the ****test songs I've ever heard, but does have some really good ones too. And despite Vertigo being my favourite album, I absolutely love Mountains. So fingers crossed. According to Ben it'll be "classic Biffy".

• Advertisement

Damn mulled wine... :D

2008 is dead! Long live 2008!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Looking forward to placebos new album....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

I hope you mean the Effects of 333 rather than Baby 81 because I loved Baby 81, it's a solid record. I look forward to their DVD next year since it will have footage from Dublin.

I'm really looking forward to new Manics record - complete with Richey lyrics and produced by Albini. Sure to be dark and disturbed.
    I bet a friend €20 last year that the Klaxons would still be relevant/as popular on the 2nd record so I need them to pull this one out of the bag.

Yeah i meant 333, it is utter rubbish. Granted though it was released independant of their label wasnt it?. Baby 81 is a great album, one of their best imo

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I <3 GuanYin wrote: »
    Muse, Idlewild, Bright Eyes, Biffy Clyro.... that'll do for a start!

Oh wow, thank you. Beautiful

Anyone similar to Bright eyes?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I'm not looking forward to it because I got given an advance copy but the new album from Pan American on Kranky is fantastic. Like the best of Labradford but differenter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Manics, Christy Moore.

Every new Christy album can throw up a gem or two, thought his Morrissey and Dylan covers on the last one were quality. I'd hope he records a few older numbers that never properly got put down on record.

As for the Manics, surely the whole word is excited about that!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Kasabians new album should be out in 2009, considering it was suppose to be at the start of this year.:D

Seemingly we're all in agreement that The Manics album is the one we're looking forward to the most!

Seems to be the majority few, but I feel I largely negate it with the sheer fervour of my disinterest. :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭jmc

I'll second Marmaduke Duke, love Kid Gloves.

Looking forward to hearing new Bell X1, new stuff was great at Vicar St.

Little Boots album should be fantastic fingers crossed if the stuff she puts on her youtube channel is anything to go by, very talented. Go see if you havent www.youtube.com/littlebootsvideos

Haven't heard much of Florence and the Machine yet to say

Advertisement