Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Releases this year you're looking forward to?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Enzo Scifo

Morrissey and Franz and hopefully Artic Monkeys & Editors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭monellia

New Mars Volta, Decemberists, Asobi Seksu, Orphaned Land, Devin Townsend, Antony and the Johnsons, Mew, Franz Ferdinand (though I've kind of heard bits of it - sounds promising!), Kevin Gilbert, Tool, maudlin of the Well, Manics (though I'm also kind of dreading it?)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Looking forward to new Hooray For Humans and Rest records hopefully!
    jesus how'd i forget about them two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭ANarcho-Munk

New Sonic Youth album on the way too. :)

Oh! and how could I forget. My Bloody Valentine, of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭yevveh

...Hooray For Humans and Rest...
    monellia wrote: »
    ...Devin Townsend, Mew, Tool...

Some I forgot and some I didn't know about, but damn if this year in music isn't looking better already! Also looking forward to Marmaduke Duke's new one after hearing Kid Gloves, much better than the disco-y one. Someone said Grizzly Bear too? new tune sounds promising.

• Advertisement

Don't quote me on the Rest (pun unintended) but i'm pretty sure that they're going to be releasing something this year. They have a deadly new song on the 5th anniversary Out On A Limb cd that came out there a while back... (which I accidentally stole lol)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭monellia

hai Fionnan :-)

totes forgot about the new Sonic Youth. I'm hoping for a considerable improvement on 2006's Rather Ripped, but I'll try not to be overly critical.

yevveh wrote: »
    Also looking forward to Marmaduke Duke's new one after hearing Kid Gloves, much better than the disco-y one.
    the new album has been described as "the duke is back and he wants to party" should be some funky disco beats on it i can't wait, April is the earliest i heard though :(

the new album has been described as "the duke is back and he wants to party" should be some funky disco beats on it i can't wait, April is the earliest i heard though :(

I don't mind funky disco beats in general (love a bit of Men, Women & Children for one!), but sometimes they can sound really clichéd, in the case of Everybody Dance, it just sounds so awful to me.

Yeah, I heard April too, but I did hear something about another single around that date, so hopefully another video before then to whet our appetites :)

yevveh wrote: »
    I don't mind funky disco beats in general (love a bit of Men, Women & Children for one!), but sometimes they can sound really clichéd, in the case of Everybody Dance, it just sounds so awful to me.

Yeah, I heard April too, but I did hear something about another single around that date, so hopefully another video before then to whet our appetites :)
    i've heard the other single 'Rubber Lover' live, it's great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

The Strokes are due another album this year i think. If they can return to "Room on Fire" form (they'll never do anything as good as "Is this it" again) then it'll make my year.
    Can't wait for Pete Doherty's solo album either, out in March.

Other than that - Morrissey, Blur (hopefully), Bright Eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

Yeah, Id love a new Blur one. And The Strokes are due something decent - the last one was cack. Also this Broken Records crowd have a decent EP out at the mo - could be worth a look.
    And my mates convinced Daft Punk are doing one. I've heard or found nothing to prove this though.

On Biffy Clyro though, isn't he doing a side-project this year?

i've heard the other single 'Rubber Lover' live, it's great.

Glad to hear it's good! I'll be checking up on whatevers surfaced online after exams.
    mehfesto2 wrote: »
    The Strokes are due something decent - the last one was cack.

On Biffy Clyro though, isn't he doing a side-project this year?

I really liked 'First Impressions of Earth' actually, so would be interested to hear that. And yeah, Simon (and I think the other two are involved too) is / are involved with Marmaduke Duke as we were saying, but I believe Biffy are still coming out with a release later this year.

marmaduke duke are made up of the following people

Simon Neill - biffy clyro.
    JP Reid - sucioperro.

when the duke play live they need bass and drums as Simon plays guitar and synth, and JP plays guitar.

they are known to get help from members from both sucioperro and biffy clyro.

i was at one gig in England, they had both bassists and both drummers there, with two drum kits there as well.

probably one of my most favourite gigs.

Hopefully biffy will have an album out by the end of the year, praying for a return to form tbh.

Also sucioperro release their second full length sometime in March, you should check it out if you're a fan of older biffy stuff (it's produced by Chris Sheldon).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Kid V wrote: »
    I'm excited about new releases by Bon Iver, Broken Records, LCD Soundsystem and Yeah Yeah Yeahs.
    Yeah Yeah Yeahs album excites me most! Do you know when it's to be released?
    Apart from that - Noel Gallagher solo..hmm sounds interesting. New Manics, Muse, garbage, Ok go, Pearl Jam... I feel like I've been living/listing under a rock, a rock in the past:D

Chris Cornells Scream - I'm slightly apprehensive about but it'll be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Jay Z - Blueprint 3
    Outkast solo albums
    New U2 Album

I'm pretty curious as to what this new Therapy? record will be like, that's apparently coming out this year...

monellia wrote: »
    hai Fionnan :-)

totes forgot about the new Sonic Youth. I'm hoping for a considerable improvement on 2006's Rather Ripped, but I'll try not to be overly critical.

Oh hai. =o

:rumbled:

Advertisement