Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Replacement Jack

Options
  • 26-12-2008 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭

After spending an inordinate amount of time jacking up my car to change a wheel, I couldn't understand why they make them so hard to operate with their funny handles. It must be possible to get a replacement jack that has a much easier method of raising the car?

I'm not thinking of a trolley jack as I'd prefer something portable that could fit in the spare tyre well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,367 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Bottle jack? Not too big so easily carried and quick to jack. Apart from that, the better of the typical jacks supplied with cars would be the scissor type.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Yeah - a bottle jack or a small trolley jack is the answer. Both can be sourced form a half decent motor factors/Halfords. Just be sure that you have some method of securing it in the boot.

Those manufacturer supplied jacks are a pain. They spell doom for your knuckles and are so cumbersome - especially on a wet, windy day which is invariably the time when you get a flat!!

Advertisement