Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boozy Recipes

• 26-12-2008 5:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭

It's been that time of year again where I've been scouring the depths of the drinks shelf and I've come to the conclusion that I need to start using up some of the booze in the press.

There's quite an eclectic mix of stuff some of which that I wouldn't drink in a fit so I would be very grateful for any recipes (sweet or savory) that you may have to try and use it up.

Ok so I have

Red and White wine
    Port (Sandeman)
    Rum (Appleton Estate)
    Whiskey (Jameson)
    Boozeberry liquer
    Martini (extra dry)
    Vermouth (dry)
    Tequila Rose
    Baileys
    Kalyr
    Tia Maria
    Butterscotch Micky Finns
    Ouzo (for some reason we have quite a lot of it!)

All suggestions will be considered.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Baybay

Baileys is lovely just poured over a good quality chocolate ice cream.

The red wine would be good with beef or chicken in a casserole.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭taztastic

Invite friends round with their cookbooks - mix a few dozen cocktails and the problem will take care of itself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muckety

Port - add to gravy for roast beef; red wine - beef bourgignon / other red meat casserole; white wine - coq au vin, risotto, various pasta sauces; vermouth / Martini - as for white wine (use a smaller quantity); whiskey - irish coffees instead of dessert! Rum - sauces for various desserts....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

baileys or tia maria cheesecake

Crush a pack of chocolate chip cookies with melted butter to make the base. then melt 200 grm of dark chocolate in a bain marie.

Pour 250 mils cream three tablespoons of baileys and one pack of cream cheese and blend while adding the melted choc. Pour on the base and voila!

Advertisement