Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N70 OFFLINE...'insert sim card'

• 26-12-2008 5:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭

Having some issues with Nokia N70. Its got itself into 'offline' mode. If I press button once to choose the 'general' mode, it says 'insert sim card'. Had an old uk 02 sim lying around - put that in and upon boot up, it asks if I want to stay in offline mode. So will boot up as normal with this sim. Stuck other sim (VodaPAYG) back in and i'm back to where I started ie. offline mode.

Is this sim damaged? Have reseated it a few times and rubbed the contacts in case this was the issue but this doesnt seem to be making any difference.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

yes it sounds like either the sim or the holder on the phone is damaged. Go to a vodafone store and get a free replacement sim. It'll have the same number

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭wanrek

Ur sim is damaged or blocked...it can happen ova time...jus go back to store and deyl replace it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Thanks Sam & wanrek - you called it right. Just got sim replaced and problem solved.

Just out of curiousity...and probably being para....but they don't set sim cards to lock out on purpose on a specified future date, do they? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Eurorunner wrote: »
    Thanks Sam & wanrek - you called it right. Just got sim replaced and problem solved.

Just out of curiousity...and probably being para....but they don't set sim cards to lock out on purpose on a specified future date, do they? :D

Networks do not auto-expire sim cards as you'd have people needing sim replacements more often. Also, it costs networks money to offer free sim replacements, those that do, so it wouldn't be in their best interest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Rsaeire wrote: »
    Networks do not auto-expire sim cards as you'd have people needing sim replacements more often. Also, it costs networks money to offer free sim replacements, those that do, so it wouldn't be in their best interest.
    Thanks for that. Another conspiracy theory dies a death..

• Advertisement
Advertisement