Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom DESTROYED MY INTERWEBZ

Options
  • 26-12-2008 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

I've been with eircom for nearly 2 years now on 2mb, and all was fine, I could play xbox live without lag and was getting pings on Steam on average around 25-40.

But ever since the "upgrade" to 3mb,I haven't even been upgraded to 3mb, and my average ping is above 70 and xbox live is now just a service to bring my iss to a boil *sigh* :(

Help?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

do what I said in my first post in this thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055447507

post back the results as did the OP in that thread please .

That upgrade had no detrimental effect on my pings TBH .

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Seckz Panther

Thanks, but I finally decided to ring eircom yesterday, called 3 times with no reply (after about 15 mins each time, I was prety determined lol)

On the 3rd time a guy answered who was really helpful and upgraded me to 3mb =]

Everything is golden now, but I still dont understand why I wasn't upgraded along with all of my neighbours?

an upgrade to 3mbit was unlikely to fix your pings

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Seckz Panther

I kept asking the guy about that, but he said that as upload increases the ping will usually go down.

I wasn't convinced but he was actually right, and now my pings are down around 30ms on average which I'm pleased with.

Although I can only get around 2600kbit download, I don't mind as downloading isn't that important to me.

Thanks anyways SpongeBob :D

That speed is correct , 3 is c.2.6 in practice . Alls well so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

I kept asking the guy about that, but he said that as upload increases the ping will usually go down.

I wasn't convinced but he was actually right, and now my pings are down around 30ms on average which I'm pleased with.

And someone they said the opposite to: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=58248366&postcount=2744

I can't see how it would make a difference either way unless your line is maxed out on outgoing traffic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

my "upgrade" to 3MB from 2 gave me about 10 ms lower pings, altho its gone to sh1te now:eek:

Advertisement