Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Goalkeeping coach

Options
  • 26-12-2008 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭

If you don't have a goalkeeping coach and the goalkeeping setting isn't ticked, do your goalkeepers stop training altogether?

I just finished my first season at Boulogne in France. At the start of the game I didn't have a GK coach so I signed a player/GK coach and put him in the reserves (he was a dirt keeper). His contract was up at the end of the season and he refused to sign a new one so I released him. Then I was told I couldn't sign any more coaches because I was over my wage budget. I sold a few players and the wage budget went back under the level but the board still won't let me sign anymore coaches. I have 5 and they don't want me to have more than 3.

What can I do?

As I see it, my options are:

-Put one of my other coaches on GK duties, even though the highest GK rating any of them have is 3.
    -Sack all my coaches and bring in 3 very good ones, one who is somewhat able to coach GKs.
    -Resign.

Is there any other way to get the keepers trained properly?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

If you don't have a goalkeeping coach and the goalkeeping setting isn't ticked, do your goalkeepers stop training altogether?

I just finished my first season at Boulogne in France. At the start of the game I didn't have a GK coach so I signed a player/GK coach and put him in the reserves (he was a dirt keeper). His contract was up at the end of the season and he refused to sign a new one so I released him. Then I was told I couldn't sign any more coaches because I was over my wage budget. I sold a few players and the wage budget went back under the level but the board still won't let me sign anymore coaches. I have 5 and they don't want me to have more than 3.

What can I do?

As I see it, my options are:

-Put one of my other coaches on GK duties, even though the highest GK rating any of them have is 3.
    -Sack all my coaches and bring in 3 very good ones, one who is somewhat able to coach GKs.
    -Resign.

Is there any other way to get the keepers trained properly?

Option 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Option 2.

the only difficulty with this is that some clubs mightn't let you sack your existing staff due to having to pay out the rest of the contract.

Option 2 is the best option, but only if you've money in the bank. And remember, don't fire your coaches until you've found the replacement and you know you can meet the demands.

Advertisement