Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IrishBroadband Fixed Wireless(Breeze) Settings

Options
  • 26-12-2008 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi All,

I got IBB Breeze a few weeks ago. Power went in the house on xmas day. Net was not working when I flicked the power back on. I then proceed to hard reset the Alvarion IDU, think it would reset to defaults of IBB, but no, it wipes all settings. Anyways, I can telnet to the device and access the installer menus, just wondering if any one can tell me what the settings are. I'm in Dun Laoghaire, and I pointing at the Rochestown site if that makes any difference.

Cheers.......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭The Fool

You'd have to ring there support to get your ip address/subnet ect. Unless installer left it with you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

ip address should be on your bill I think with IBB. At least on your sign up form as you need you IP for support.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭gingerGiant

You need to talk to their support, there is lots of settings to put in which you won't have, each customer with them has two i.p's associated with them, one is a radio ip which is entered in the radio and allows them telnet to it remotely you will never have this, the other is your public ip.

The other information you won't have is the unique name of the sector you are connected to, this is made up of a combination of the highsite name, the technology used(5.4, 5.8, etc) and a sector number again you won't have this.

You will probably be without it until January 5th as that is when their installers return from christmas break

• Registered Users Posts: 8 biosed

Cheers gingerGiant, I was figuring as much. They should tell you never reset the unit. Strange that an ISP will have no access to unit if user resets it.

I have my public IP ...etc. If anyone around the Rochestown Ave. area of Dun Laoghaire with IBB would fancy telneting into there unit and PM'ing the settings I would be greatful. No internet until the 5th would drive me to drink!!! To access it make your IP 10.0.0.0/24 and telnet to 10.0.0.1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Sup,

The telnet interface on the alvarions is not supposed to be used by end users. It is in this that the connection speed is set and so on, so you could set yourself up with a 6Meg uncontended service if you figured out the settings. The only problem with your current situation is aswell as losing your public IP settings, you have also lost your private IP settings, and without those you will not get a connection. The private IP settings are the ones used by Irish Broadband to configure and monitor your connection and from what I remember(Im an Alvarion Certified Engineer) if the private IP settings are incorrect or omitted, your connection will not work.

Why do you have to wait until the fifth? Is that how long they said it would take to get an engineer out?

• Advertisement

IBB support is closed until Monday so I have no idea how long it will be before an engineer is sent out but gingerGiant said they are not back until the 5th, so who knows, probably longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

did you get my PM?

Just got it and replied. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭gerryo

biosed wrote: »
    Hi All,

I got IBB Breeze a few weeks ago. Power went in the house on xmas day. Net was not working when I flicked the power back on. I then proceed to hard reset the Alvarion IDU, think it would reset to defaults of IBB, but no, it wipes all settings. .....

Losing power should not cause this, happens all the time (especially when there are storms or lightening). Never lost settings on mine & have lost power countless times.

Not sure what you mean by hard reset - is that the small reset button on the PSU? I assumed this just cut the power, handier than power cycling at the mains socket or unplugging the cable

The power loss should not have caused any problems, but it did, it also took out my anti-surge lead, someone in the house though it would be a good idea to put 3 or 4 sets of xmas lights on a gang lead with a heater......(should not be that much of a problem right, you should see the lights and did I mention that the gang lead was pluged into another gang lead)

Anyway, not much I can do about it now, wasn't working so I tried a hard reset, i.e. stuck a pin in the hole with RESET! above it, I suppose the excamation mark should have put me off but hey what can you do.

Still a little surpirsed by a consumer until with a reset fuction that if pressed requires a tech to call to your house to fix!

Well, 3G it is for now............. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

biosed wrote: »
    The power loss should not have caused any problems, but it did, it also took out my anti-surge lead, someone in the house though it would be a good idea to put 3 or 4 sets of xmas lights on a gang lead with a heater......(should not be that much of a problem right, you should see the lights and did I mention that the gang lead was pluged into another gang lead)

Anyway, not much I can do about it now, wasn't working so I tried a hard reset, i.e. stuck a pin in the hole with RESET! above it, I suppose the excamation mark should have put me off but hey what can you do.

Still a little surpirsed by a consumer until with a reset fuction that if pressed requires a tech to call to your house to fix!

Well, 3G it is for now............. :(

Any of the Breeze installations I have seen in Portlaoise all have a sticker on the power supply which says something like "do not press the reset button as this will lead to an engineer call out and a call out fee". :eek:

They should think about putting those stickers on the ones in Dublin....

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭personguy

yeah, didn't have a sticker on mine either. someone keeps going into the living room and unplugging the alvarion unit (and i will have words with them when i find out who :confused:). found it unplugged again today, plugged it in, internet worked for 1 minute, then poof, the ENET green light on the alvarion unit went black. :(
    if anyone has those settings i could telnet to (if that is in fact possible), or any other advice bar getting a tech to come out and do what i should be able to manage, that would be great. i'm also in dun laoghaire, dish aimed at the top of the shopping centre. cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

You need to ring them. As explained above only they have all the settings. Also it may be faulty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

This is not a user configurable option.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement