Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me a Contract Phone

• 26-12-2008 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Having broke my W910i last week I've finally decided it's time to bite the bullet and decide to go down the contract route for my next phone. I lived in the UK for several years and had an Orange contract but found Irish contracts not great value for money compared with the UK previously, it appears to have improved a little, but still not great so I need some advice.

I have always been a Sony Ericsson person, the last few phones I've had are the T610, K750i, K800i, W910i and haven't had any issues with any of them. I don't really like Nokia infact I hate them but have not used any for the last year, and my last experience of a Motorola was with the V500 I think clamshell and I hated the CRAP predictive text in general on Motorola Phones. I like the way SE menus text is crisp and classy so whilst I do not have to have a SE phone, they are the kind of phones I like.

So that in mind what I must have is this
    - Phone cost under €100
    - Price plan no more than €45 per month
    - Free on network calls (not included minutes)
    - Decent Screen (At least two inches)
    - Decent sized keys or key area if touch screen (I Have big fingers)
    - 3.2MP Camera
    - Decent battery life
    - 3G capable
    - Removable Media capable
    - Good predictive text.

What I would prefer but not essential:
    - Cheap texts
    - 12 Month Contract
    - 5.0MP Camera
    - Big Storage
    - Light and quite thin (One of the reasons I liked the W910)

Any ideas? I have looked a lot, and it seems very hard to find a good price plan / phone combination that can beat PAYG, as in to get free same network calls you have to pay quite a good amount out, which seems silly, compared with the UK, PAYG is much cheaper in Ireland but Pay Monthly much less attractive.

Advertisement