Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PC to TV question

• 26-12-2008 9:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Sorry if this is the wrong forum to ask this - (if so Mod please move, thanks).

I am looking to hook up a PC to a Bravia 1080p TV.

The PC has dual video cards, each card has S-video and 2 DVI outputs.

The TV has S-video and 3x HDMI and also a VGA connector.

Does anyone know which is the best way to do this ?

1)
    A DVI-HDMI dongle on the PC in order to use a HDMI -> HDMI cable ?

2)
    S-video cable

3) DVI-VGA dongle on PC to go VGA PC to VGA TV ?

Does anyone with experience of this kind of use know which is the best option ?

I am looking to get rid of the current monitor so the only way the PC would be used is through the TV but the main function of the TV would be to watch DVD's (through the PC) and regular TV.

With ocassional PC gaming and general PC application work.
    (The PC has a surround sound system so I would only need TV audio from TV signal).

=================

TV connections =

Connector Type: 1 x digital audio output (optical) ( TOS Link ) ¦ 3 x HDMI ( 19 pin HDMI Type A ) ¦ 1 x VGA input ( 15 PIN HD D-Sub (HD-15) ) ¦ 1 x component video input ( RCA phono x 3 ) ¦ 1 x composite video/audio input ( RCA phono x 3 ) ¦ 1 x headphones ( mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm ) ¦ 1 x audio line-out ( RCA phono x 2 ) ¦ 2 x SCART ( 21 PIN SCART )

PC = 2x 880GTX in SLI

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭ffocused

DVI is the best quality connection of the 3. use a DVI to HDMI adapter.

Advertisement