Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you learning polish seriously?

Options
  • 26-12-2008 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has polish girlfriend or boyfriend and living here? Im with my polish gf four years but still only have basic polish, dont ask why. We have a young child so dont get alot of time to study these days. I've been to the conversation on Pearse street but I kinda get the impression that its more for the polish to congregate more so that to meet irish people, maybe its just the impression I got from the people I met there, maybe faces have changed now.

I'd love to meet Irish people who are studying polish to maybe study polish together or have conversational together in polish as its the only way to help kind of.. Hope theres someone out there who is interested.

I lived in Warsaw for 3 months last year, so can give advice on anyone wanting to go there and work for the summer or whatever, you see Warsaw can be a lonely place despite it being so big and busy.

I plan to live in Poland permanently in the future, so back to the point. Can I ask why people are learning polish, just curiousity or do you wanna go there someday to practice it for real? :)

Get back to me guys

- Trevor
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I'm in my second year of Polish evening classes in Trinity.
    I have always been interested in the country and have visited it many times over the past almost thirty years.
    I wanted to do an evening class to keep my brain working, so I chose Polish. It's difficult but I enjoy it.

Advertisement