Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Christmas Haul

• 26-12-2008 10:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭

Since it's the time of year for one to gorge oneself senseless on chocolates, sweets, biscuits, cakes and pretty much anything above the third row of the food pyramid, this is a thread to list all the treats you have stashed away for the holidays; the good, the bad and the *shudder* Quality Street

The family have:
    Roses (one large tin, one small box)
    One tin of Celebrations
    Two tins of Foxes Creations biscuits
    A tin of Crawford Rover biscuits (which my Dad despises)
    Two boxes of Mince Pies
    A Gateaux Christmas Pudding
    A Sherry Trifle
    My Mam's homemade Christmas cake
    Many many bottles of Coke and 7Up, and one bottle of Cidona

I myself also got:
    A Lindt reindeer off my sister
    A Thornton's chocolate bar and chocolate lollipop from the parents
    And my brother-in-law got me a yard of chocolate - literally, this massive bar that's one yard in length!

I suspect I may gain a stone or 6 over the next few days....

So how about the rest of ye? More? Less? About the same?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

My shipment contained some King Cheese n Onion, Tayto Waffles, Jacobs Elite Tea cakes (disappointed, will get Caffreys brand next time), box of Heroes (disappointed as well :(), pack of Kimberly Mikado and same of Coconut Creams, Cadburys Snack (pink wafer one) (12) and a pack of Trackers (6).

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Pretty much SFA. I'm disgusted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Ruu wrote: »
    My shipment contained some King Cheese n Onion, Tayto Waffles, Jacobs Elite Tea cakes (disappointed, will get Caffreys brand next time), box of Heroes (disappointed as well :(), pack of Kimberly Mikado and same of Coconut Creams, Cadburys Snack (pink wafer one) (12) and a pack of Trackers (6).

We're boycotting Heroes this year. I'll never forgive Cadbury for getting rid of Dreams. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

we had a tin of roses and I got a troblerone selection box:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

Hmm, we over-bought (kind of accidentally on purpose), so we have a box of tobelerone minis and a box of Thorntons Mint Selection in the fridge, oh and an unfinished box of Heroes

As presents, we received boxes of Butlers' Organic chocs, Butler's regular chocs and Lily O'Briens.

My sister also gave me a box of Butler's Hot Chocolate Cups, which are effing brilliant. Ya just stick one in to the milk as it's heating and it melts in to delicious hot chocolate!

Too many biscuits/sweets/cakes/puds/buns at the parents to list theirs. They went a bit food-mental. I think there were four boxes of mince pies hidden away aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭XxlauraxX

There is a lot: :D:eek:

Drink and minerals :)
    Roses (one tin, one box)
    Quality Street(tin)
    Celebrations(tin)
    box of Heroes
    tin of USA biscuits
    Afternoon Tea
    a large Pannatone (sp?):D
    tin of Foxes
    about 5 boxes of mince pies
    christmas pudding
    6 tubes of pringles
    box of King crisps
    snowballs
    tea cakes
    2 boxes of M&S biscuits

thats about it ! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Mimibear

oops

My sister also gave me a box of Butler's Hot Chocolate Cups, which are effing brilliant. Ya just stick one in to the milk as it's heating and it melts in to delicious hot chocolate!

I got these too but was dissapointed, they tasted too milky, I way prefer the hot choclate sticks you can get in the English market in Cork City.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Beerlao

not much in our house this year cos we all agreed on it

a biggish box of Thorntons Continental selection
    mince pies
    shortbread
    M&S pecan and toffee roulade

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

Mimibear wrote: »
    I got these too but was dissapointed, they tasted too milky, I way prefer the hot choclate sticks you can get in the English market in Cork City.

I think I used more than one per person when making it though, turned out a little stronger. Was making a big pot, so kind of went to town... ;) Won't be using just one so, if they're a bit milky on their own!

I think I used more than one per person when making it though, turned out a little stronger. Was making a big pot, so kind of went to town... ;) Won't be using just one so, if they're a bit milky on their own!

I think I'll be following your lead and adding another one! or one and a half!!

Advertisement