Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal issue replies in user profile

Options
  • 26-12-2008 10:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭

I'm almost certain this was raised in feedback before. But before you flame me I've checked the last 10 pages of feedback forum and I don't see it.

I understand you can't do a search of PI forum but I'm open to be corrected.

My question is it intended that PI replies can be seen in a users list of posts?
    I gave a reply to a post tonight (was a very helpful reply imo :)) and I searched my history and it's there.

But I thought PI posts were excluded from this?
    And should they be? Like if I replied "I've that problem too OP...." for some thread, do posters realy want that in their history? I don't.
    I understand if I have a private issue I can go unreg in personal issues forum. So that's an obvious solution.

Can someone answer though, are PI replies supposed to be seen someones history or not? Like 301 posters have viewed my profile and all can see my PI replies? Thanks and sorry if I've explained this badly.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

yeah your posts show up, I think you might be thinking of the fact (I think) that PI posts don't show up in searches. But they do for a "find all posts by..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

thanks tbh, you've explained it perfectly.

My OP is a little long-winded

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

mikemac wrote: »
    My OP is a little long-winded
    Lol...

yep, what tbh said... ALL your posts/threads show up in your profile under Find all posts/threads profile and that also means your PI posts show up...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

They don't show up for me. When I click "show all post by..." on your profile, and posts made in either PI or the LGB forum, don't show up. If you want to see the threads you've replied to, click on User CP.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

tbh wrote: »
    yeah your posts show up, I think you might be thinking of the fact (I think) that PI posts don't show up in searches. But they do for a "find all posts by..."

I thought this too but PI posts do turn up in general searches.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

We're all in different user groupings, for your normal user who isn't a subscriber or a moderator, they don't show up.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Boston wrote: »
    We're all in different user groupings, for your normal user who isn't a subscriber or a moderator, they don't show up.

Oooh clever!

That explains it so!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

If you don't want people finding out info about you on PI why not just post as unregistered?

Advertisement