Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday Indo great arts quiz 2008

Options
  • 27-12-2008 1:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Anyone recognise any of the 6 faces in the "Face Facts". Number 2 is Diana Vickers, but please put me out of my misery on other ones. It's a dreadfully hard quiz, so I doubt if I will tackle the rest of it. Just would like to know if I should recognise the other 5 faces. probably all in the news during the year, but I don't watch the news. Rather read a book.
    Please and thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

as far as i know no.4 (the woman) is one of the ones from What Not To Wear with Trinny and Susannah

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭samsausage

just starting this now

think no.1 might be stephen rea and no.5 damien hirst?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭championc

Hi all,

I'm stuck too with these photos. For those who haven't a clue what we're talking about, I have attached a JPG scan of them.

1. Really don't think it's Stephen Rea
    2. Diana Vickers
    3. ??
    4. ??
    5. Damien Hirst (Looks correct)
    6. ??

C

• Registered Users Posts: 7 sumtumhum

It might be worth remembering that the Great Arts Quiz developed from The Big Book Quiz. Therefore, I would say that it is inevitable that some of the pics are almost certainly those of Authors and/or poets

I've got 1 and 6 now so just need 3 and 4

C

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭samsausage

is 1 an irish author and 6 an english actress..asking everyone i know..just getting guesses atm

• Registered Users Posts: 7 sumtumhum

I could hazard a guess on all 4 remaining at the moment, but don't like to go that route. Better to be 100% sure. I have a fair idea, and should have all over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 edmcbain

I have 2 3 5 & 6 - will swap for 1 or 4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Katey Smyth

Can give you No. 1 if you will let me have nos. 3 or 4

I have 1, 2, 3, 5 or 6 to swap for No.4 if anyone has it

C

• Advertisement

I think No. 4 is Rene Russo who attended Irish Film & T.V. Awards as a special guest but haven't been able to definitely confirm. Would appreciate if you could give me No. 1

Katey, i've sent you a private message with No.1

I'm not sure about Rene. Looks like the hair parting is on the wrong side and certainly cannot find one single photo to match it anywhere

C

• Registered Users Posts: 16 temu

Not sure No 4 is Renee Russo either. In all pics her hair parting always other side, however it does bear a resemblance.
    Who is No 3 and 6? (Have an idea on 3 but not 100%).
    Still looking for No 1, thought it was Dominic Mafhan initially but hair is wrong. Still a few days left thankfully.

As we all know only too well, resemblences aren't 100% and being less that 100% sure isn't enough. Other suggestions for No4. are Caroline Kennedy or Carmel Sheridan (plays Geraldine in Fair City)

C

Finally have 1 and 3. Will swap either for No 6 if anyone willing.
    No 4 still a problem.

This is the last ditch effort. Anyone any idea who No. 4 is?? Thought might be Rene Russo but as someone said hair parting is wrong side. Only one I'm stuck on.

Another name for No4 is Samantha Power. Still looking for No6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 keano33

I'm new to the board. I definitely have 2, 3, 5, and 6 so would happily swap for the answers to 1 and 4 (I don't think either are any of the names mentioned so far on the thread, but could be mistaken) or any of the other questions in the quiz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 keano33

Last call for this. Has any genius managed to get the answer to photo number 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 melly

Didnt realise there was a thread going on this. Am totally bothered with this bloody quiz and wont resign myself to the fact that i cant get it done! Here are my hunches probably totally wrong but any last minute suggestions are much appreciated...
    1 ?? Have no incling
    2 Diana Vickers
    3 not a clue
    4 Rene Russo possibly maybe I dunno also thought that the background looks very like one of the sindo cover girls went back through all the front pages but got nothing
    5 Damien Hirst
    6 Rosaleen Linehan??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭real rocker

Have all the answers except pictures 1 & 3.

Can do swaps but otherwise will have to guess tomorrow as dropping at lunchtime.

jazzybrophy@gmail.com

I missed the results at the weekend - who was Pic 4 ?

C

No results yet. Think No4 might be Justine Mitchell who was in Hedda Gabler in The Gate in October 08. Will have to wait and see.

Advertisement