Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your Premiership team of the (half) season...

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

dfx- wrote: »
    Schwarzer
    Bosingwa
    Vidic
    Laursen
    Evra
    Ireland
    A. Young
    Deco
    Alonso
    Agbonlahor
    Anelka

Deco has been quite poor imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Reina
    Bosingwa
    Carragher
    Vidic
    Clichy
    Valentia
    Alonso
    Ireland
    Young
    Agbonolahor
    Gerrard

Struggled to pick two strikers don't think two many strikers have stood out this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Tusky wrote: »

Reina

Bosingwa
    Laursen
    Vidic
    Evra

Alonso

Ireland
    Gerrard

Young
    Robinho

Anelka

Spot on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭mormank

Reina
    Bosingwa
    Carragher
    Vidic
    Clichy
    Valentia
    Alonso
    Ireland
    Young
    Agbonolahor
    Gerrard

Struggled to pick two strikers don't think two many strikers have stood out this season

poor old anelka. he has something like 14 league goals and he still doesnt get a mention, what does this guy have to do?? he has always scored goals at every prem club he has been at. great player imo and certainly should walk into a prem 11, as should robinho and alonso. boswinga is the only rb you can pick. possobly ireland too and young. after that is when opinions should come into imo. these players all should walk in to your teams..well the first 4 anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭vestanpance

I <3 GuanYin wrote: »

Schwarzer

Bosingwa
    Laursen----Hangeland
    Lescott

Alonso

Ireland
    Bullard

Young
    Robinho

Anelka

Subs: Myhill, Arbeloa, Vidic, Lampard, Gerrard, Agbonlahor, Malbranque

Not sure about the keeper, maybe Freidel instead, but apart from that you've probably got it spot on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

maybe Freidel instead

im a villa fan, but no

no no

he hasnt been anywhere up to his usual high standards this term. he hasnt been bad or anything, but the level of confidence around him among the defence doesnt seem to be as high as it should (i suspect because hes taken to parrying shots far too often)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

okay ill give this another try. Here are the players that I think have to be included given how they have preformed comparable to those in their positions this season.

RB/RWB:Bosingwa
    CM/DM:Alonso
    CM/AM:Ireland
    LM:A.Young
    AMRLC/CF:Robinho
    CF:Anelka

the rest are arguable but to partner the Elk up front would have to be either Agbonlahor or Zaki for me.

CB is a tough one as a number of teams have had great defensive records while some of the lesser teams i.e Hull/Fulham have had imense performances in defence and my first choice is from one of those... Brede Hangeland

partnering him could be anyone from Vidic, Carragher, Terry, Turner, etc as imo CB really is the one position where most people will differ and not agree with each other and i dont know if anyone will agree with my all scandanavian CB pairing but id plump for Aston Villa captain Martin Laursen.

that leaves only 2 positions GK and LB and imo no players in these two positions have really stood out as being better than the others/most impressive so far so its kinda like CB where a number of players might be selected but for less positive reasons but me im going to pick Evra and Reina in my side.

so the completed side is:

..........................Reina....................

Bosingwa...Hangeland...Laursen.....Evra

.........................Alonso................
    Robinho.............S.Ireland.......A.Young

............Agbonlahor.......Anelka..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Tusky wrote: »

Reina

Bosingwa
    Laursen
    Vidic
    Evra

Alonso

Ireland
    Gerrard

Young
    Robinho

Anelka

Yep thats the one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Tomthepost

Im with Tusky also. Hardest position to pick was left back I think as nobody as really starred there so far this season.
    Geovianni unlucky to miss out.
    M Laursen - Player of Season
    S Ireland - Young Player of Season

• Advertisement

Tomthepost wrote: »
    M Laursen - Player of Season

:confused:

im a villa fan, but wtf?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Thing about Liverpool is that I wouldn't say any one of their players is outstanding, they are all just really playing well. It's a team effort. I think United and Chelsea have been dragged through by individual performances.

Alonso has been good, and i've watched most of Liverpools matches this year, but imo Ireland and Lampard have been better. Especially, Ireland, who has been dragging City through games.

Ferdinand imo has been holding the United defence together this year on his own, especially with the dodgy form of Vidic next to him, and Neville/Rafael/Brown all inter-changing.

As for the Robinho vs. Ronaldo debate, I'd think Robinho has pretty much been a striker this year, and I think ANelka has certainly been better than him, and I think Agbonlahor has too, albeit just.

Helix wrote: »
    :confused:

im a villa fan, but wtf?

Who is better so???
    I think you will find that he is in nearly every team of the season posted here so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

PHB wrote: »
    As for the Robinho vs. Ronaldo debate, I'd think Robinho has pretty much been a striker this year, and I think ANelka has certainly been better than him, and I think Agbonlahor has too, albeit just.

:confused: Robinho hasn't played as a 'striker' once this season. In fact, he plays the exact same role as Ronaldo - the left side of a 3 man strike force in a 4-3-3.

Fair enough you have some loyalty or bias to Ronaldo but you can't make up where Robinho has played in a bid to justify not picking him.

Tomthepost wrote: »
    Who is better so???
    I think you will find that he is in nearly every team of the season posted here so far.

but hes hardly player of the season

hes not even been villas best player

petrov and young have been more important for us this season than laursen, arguably gabby too

im not saying he isnt deserving of everyones team of the year place, but hes not the player of the season, thats just insane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tomred1

Petrov has been ok this season but still behind Barry, Young, Laursen, Gabby performances.
    My Team
    Given
    Sagna Laursen Turner Carra

Young Valanica Ireland Barry

Gabby Anelka

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Nobody can argue against this as team of the half season:

Reina
    Arbeloa----Carragher-Hyppia
    Insua
    Mascherano-Alonso
    --Kuyt
    Riera--
    Gerrard

Keane

;)

Helix wrote: »
    but hes hardly player of the season

hes not even been villas best player

petrov and young have been more important for us this season than laursen, arguably gabby too

im not saying he isnt deserving of everyones team of the year place, but hes not the player of the season, thats just insane

Lets agree to disagree. You seem to be the only person upset about my opinion so it must have merit with others. You named 3 players above that blow hot and cold and Laursen is in a completely different league.

petrov hasnt had a bad game for us this season

the 2 matches he was out for, we lost, which says it all imo

and the villa lads will tell you ive been one of his harshest critics in seasons past

Advertisement