Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me a good(possibly cheap)access point

Options
  • 27-12-2008 12:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭

Hey well as the title says i need a new access point

My dlink access point has gone into meltdown and not even the 4 port switch works on it :(...Anywho out with the old and in with the new.

I need a new access point,my dlink had a "wan" port which the RJ45 from my cable modem just connected too and then shared the internet with little set up,I want something like that with very good range and possible 2 areials using the RP-SMA aerial interface as i have two aerials off ebay

Cheers for the help all

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Some_Person

Just got the Buffalo WHR-G300N myself and it's great and low priced, it has an integrated 4 port switch too etc and there's a simple switch on the back to change between router and access point mode.This doesn't have any external antennas or antenna connections though, all internal. Haven't tried the N speeds yet since I only have a b/g card.

Advertisement