Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tm Desert Eagle Problem

Options
  • 27-12-2008 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone and happy christmas,

im an airsoft Newbie, got my first gun for christmas, but I think it's broken! Basically most of the time I shoot, it expells all the gas out of the cartridge, I refill it, and it happens again a few shoots later. I think theres something about this happening in the manual from a picture thats in it, but it's in japanese so that's as far a ive gotten!

Thanks for anyones help

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Probably the cold, try warming the gun and magazine beside a radiator before using it again.,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

Happens with most gbb's the valve freezes and the gas expells, typical winter shooting problem, as our tech genius above said warm it after filling it, also what i found is if your just shooting a few cans out the back try reducing your rate of fire. Obviously not as practical when skirmishing but it works too.

Also the valves can be stiff, quick squirt of silicone oil and push it in and out a few times it moves alot smoother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

neil.p.b wrote: »
    Hi everyone and happy christmas,

im an airsoft Newbie, got my first gun for christmas, but I think it's broken! Basically most of the time I shoot, it expells all the gas out of the cartridge, I refill it, and it happens again a few shoots later. I think theres something about this happening in the manual from a picture thats in it, but it's in japanese so that's as far a ive gotten!

Thanks for anyones help

Happened to me first time with it too. Spray the valve on the mag with your trusty silicone oil as suggested and it'll be grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Turncoat

Like they said above.

Remember the golden rule - you only need electrical tape and silicone oil for all your repairs. If a part should move and it doesn't then use the silicone oil and if it should stay in place but doesn't then use the tape;).

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭neil.p.b

i did a noob thing and bought my gun, gas, bb's.... and no silicone spray!! Does it have to special stuff? Could i pick it up in woodies or somewhere like that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

3-in-1 silicone spray is available in woodies, big yellow can

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭neil.p.b

cool, i'll go get some now, cheers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Lidl sell silicone oil for €1.65 a can,.,

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭sean.carolan100

Silicone oil is you friend - WD40 IS NOT!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Silicone oil is you friend - WD40 IS NOT!
    Quoted for truth! WD40 will destroy your gun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭IIIAcHmEdIII

silicon spray is the only spray for airsoft guns if u use wd40 Ur gun will last u 1 week! and that's it u need new mags and valves because the petroleum in wd40 will eat Ur rubber seals so don't use wd40

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭legologic

Aye silicone up the seal on the mag and the gun. I think, correct me if i'm wrong, this also has something to do with the gas not working properly below a certain temperature. You can get winter gas or use propane (which I've heard from friends works better in cold) though I don't think any irish retailers sell winter gas.

Another idea I tried while skirmishing was keeping those little hand warmer gel pads with the mags when not using them or keeping them in the holster with the pistol. I got a few more shots off before they gassed but I think with the current temperatures in Ireland it's unavoidable.

Advertisement