Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE V TNA

• 27-12-2008 1:08pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31

Which do you guys think are better tna or wwe which do you prefer watch.I prefer tna because they take more risks in the ring like what use is a high flyer in wwe where they can't do any proper high flying moves but I prefer wwe ppv's because there are better matches.Overall I prefer tna they also have better feuds eg.Jarret, Angle V Hardy, Edge the Jarrett V Angle is much better.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

what!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

You got it all wrong. TNA's TV is useless because they're given very little time to wrestle. TNA PPV's are normally better than the WWE's because they tend not to put as much less talented people on PPV as the WWE. Jarret vs. Angle is one of the most tasteless feuds in years btw. It's bad enough mentioning Jarret's dead wife every episode but then bringing Owen Hart into it and Angle claiming he'd leave Jeff's children like Owens. Not cool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

Eugster wrote: »
    eg.Jarret, Angle V Hardy, Edge the Jarrett V Angle is much better.
    :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭rizzla

If I hear amazing things about a WWE show I'll check it out but I mainly watch TNA. They have much better and defined divisions, womens, X division and Tag Team. Plus I prefer the talent.

As for the Jarrett/Angle feud, I think it's meh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

TNA most definatly. I think that even apart from the actual wrestling itself its alot nicer to watch. There seems to be a better atmoshpere at the Impact Zone (as opposed to the huge and rarely sold out arenas WWE seems to keep going for) and even the shows have alot more colour and vibrancy. Any time I watch the WWE it seems very gray and lifeless. TBH I think WWE may be too big for its own good, maybe they should bring it back to the days of 1 roster and 2 shows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

rizzla wrote: »
    They have much better and defined divisions, womens, X division and Tag Team.

Defined? Jay Lethal got a world title shot after being ranked the number two X-division contender recently. Defined is not a word that I'd use

TNA most definatly. I think that even apart from the actual wrestling itself its alot nicer to watch. There seems to be a better atmoshpere at the Impact Zone (as opposed to the huge and rarely sold out arenas WWE seems to keep going for) and even the shows have alot more colour and vibrancy. Any time I watch the WWE it seems very gray and lifeless. TBH I think WWE may be too big for its own good, maybe they should bring it back to the days of 1 roster and 2 shows.

tna atmosphere is contrived for the most part though, fans are told when to cheer and then the loudest fan(s) are brought backstage

wwe rarely selling out arenas is news to me, tna on the other hand have held ppvs in bigger arenas in 2008 and for the most part that has been a disaster, they sold 2,500 tickets for one large arena. you are the first person i have heard say the tiny universal sound stage is benefitting tna

Bubs101 wrote: »
    TNA PPV's are normally better than the WWE's because they tend not to put as much less talented people on PPV as the WWE.

not in 2008 they ain't

There seems to be a better atmoshpere at the Impact Zone (as opposed to the huge and rarely sold out arenas WWE seems to keep going for)

There was a big statistical section in the Wrestling Observer this week analysing attendances from all the promotions. 12 of WWE's 15 biggest attendances this year were legitimate sellouts. There's no evidence supporting what you're saying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,274 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I prefer TNA. I'm just fed up of the WWE in recent years. Mainly cos I can't stick the McMahon's but also cos it's seems to have gotten really tasteless over the years, even since I last watched it. I know TNA has similar bad points but it's a lot more bearable.

• Advertisement

I used to like TNA but if the show has less than 30 minutes of wrestling every show, a third of it devoted to a womens division that bores me without Kim, I don't see the point of watching it. They also seem intent on sabotaging there own most over wrestlers be it dressing AJ as a Reindeer last year or sticking the beautiful people with a fake Sarah Palin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Again?:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

TNA is just stupidity put in a 2 hour TV timeslot. They turned Joe from an exciting X-Division champion into a moaning prick who was never happy. At least WWE have decent comedy with Santino compared to a handicapped version of Sarah Palin and Kip ( Retarded Hairstyles) James

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I am actually really enjoying TNA these days. I try to keep up to date with Impact. That being said, I have never sat through an entire TNA PPV.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

gimmick wrote: »
    I am actually really enjoying TNA these days. I try to keep up to date with Impact. That being said, I have never sat through an entire TNA PPV.

Odd, TNA PPV's are normally better than iMPACT!s. That said iMPACT! has been consistently good since No Surrender, there may be less wrestling on it these days but the wrestling they do have is quite good and most segments are entertaining. During the year (April- Julyish) there was a load of wrestling on iMPACT!, they're just going down a different road to facilitate the MEM/Front Line storyline.

As for WWE vs. TNA, for me it's TNA but both have their merits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

rossie1977 wrote: »
    tna atmosphere is contrived for the most part though, fans are told when to cheer and then the loudest fan(s) are brought backstage

Thats true but most of the fans that actually get on camera are people that are there week in and week out and they do create a good atmosphere. Although I preferred it when the only advice the crowd was given was boo who you want and cheer who you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Odd, TNA PPV's are normally better than iMPACT!s.

The only reason is the timing of them on the telly and I don't have sky +

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

I've been watching WWE/WWF for nearly 20 years now, i've been watching TNA for about 3 months and when i say watching i mean the odd Impact when i have time but i also watch as much Smackdown/Raw when i have time too.

For me TNA is much better. The worst thing to ever happen to Pro-Wrestling was Vince buying the competition, thats when i went off it and now finally they've someone to rival them and it's a much better product.

In TNA it doesn't matter how tall or big you are or how much muscle you have, it doesn't matter what your history in the buisness is, if you can wrestle and the fans want you over then your over, if you're stiff as **** and point blank can't wrestle then you're out.

Khali and Vladimir Kozlov are being pushed purely because of their size, regardless of the fact they can't wrestle for ****, thats the way wrestling was when i first started watching it and it kills me to see Vince doing that again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭RAMPAGE1

Fozzy wrote: »
    Defined? Jay Lethal got a world title shot after being ranked the number two X-division contender recently. Defined is not a word that I'd use

What does a world title shot mean these days anyway and I would agree that TNA is defined as most people who watch it know were most of the wrestlers belong in terms of the promotion as demonstrated by the fact that you know were Jay Lethal is ranked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Eugster wrote: »
    .Overall I prefer tna they also have better feuds eg.Jarret, Angle V Hardy, Edge the Jarrett V Angle is much better.
    wat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Anto McC wrote: »
    In TNA it doesn't matter how tall or big you are or how much muscle you have, it doesn't matter what your history in the buisness is, if you can wrestle and the fans want you over then your over, if you're stiff as **** and point blank can't wrestle then you're out.

Khali and Vladimir Kozlov are being pushed purely because of their size, regardless of the fact they can't wrestle for ****, thats the way wrestling was when i first started watching it and it kills me to see Vince doing that again.

That’s harsh , lots of smaller guys have being pushed , Jericho, Jeff, Matt, Punk have all being World champions this year. Evan was being pushed before his injury, the likes of Kendrick, Rey and the Colons,Mizorrison are doing well for themselves as well. I mean correct me I am wrong but even the likes of Cena and Edge are not exactly beefcakes? WWE is not perfect but the idea that they are obsessed with monsters is rubbish.

Rjd2 wrote: »
    I mean correct me I am wrong but even the likes of Cena and Edge are not exactly beefcakes?

Have you ever seen Cena?

AAGV178-No309~John-Cena-Posters.jpg

And Edge is 6'4, both quite big men.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Have you ever seen Cena?

AAGV178-No309~John-Cena-Posters.jpg

Fair enough, but they are not exactly Khali in size or ability terms. I mean they look reasonably normal to me (for wrestlers:p):o

wwe are obsessed with guys that they believe will generate money. like him or not khali will bring in loads of money into the company, if and when they break india

sure vince likes bigger guys because pro-wrestling is about guys bigger than life, you want the wrestler to look the part as well as act the part. i remember one wrestling promoter writing on a forum, you don't want 20 wrestlers in your promotion that look like they could be shopkeepers or bartenders

if vince was totally obsessed with size and nothing else the likes of chris masters, nathan jones, matt morgan and many more would still be working there

Cena is actually quite a big guy, he is only an inch or so shorter than brock lesnar who was billed as a monster

RAMPAGE1 wrote: »
    What does a world title shot mean these days anyway and I would agree that TNA is defined as most people who watch it know were most of the wrestlers belong in terms of the promotion as demonstrated by the fact that you know were Jay Lethal is ranked

But TNA gave up on those rankings within a month. That's what annoys me most about TNA. Nothing they do means anything in the end. They'll change the story to suit themselves and screw over anyone who invested some time into getting into the show

Just from that one instance, why should any TNA fan ever care about a rankings match ever again? TNA don't care about it so why should the fans?

The usual reply to that is that they put on good wrestling matches. But the matches are way too short most of the time for me to even consider whether they're good or bad

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Fair enough, but they are not exactly Khali in size or ability terms. I mean they look reasonably normal to me (for wrestlers:p):o

I agree with you on Edge, you rarely notice how tall he actually is but Cena is huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭SASR

I'm finding it harder to watch Impact as time goes by, I shouldn't cringe for about 50% of any wrestling show I watch. The Palin/Beautiful People stuff is actually plain embarrassing.

That said, I tend to enjoy TNA's PPVs a lot more than WWE's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I prefer WWE, they have a certain egde to there wrestling with very little fùcking about backstage anymore. I don't like what TNA did with Angle's exaggerated persona from the WWE. He used to be cheesy and somewhat accidemic, but at TNA he's like most other heels and isn't what he used to be. WWE still got cool wrestlers, Triple H, Shawn Michaels (despite being BAC), Undertaker, Randy Orton, Edge, Jerico, Carlito and, a current favourite of mine, CM Punk. I also think WWE has better actors too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭herewegoagain

Have you ever seen Cena?

AAGV178-No309%7EJohn-Cena-Posters.jpg

Sorry for going off topic..But damn that uber fan at the bottom left of the pic with the red cap is nearly at every flippin televised event lol..Where does he get teh monies?

EDIT.Sorry i meant to say bottom left

• Advertisement

botttom left surely?, I think he works for t mobile or something so its probably promotion or something, it's kinda sad really there were people taking pics with him at wrestlemania he's just a fan, whoops I mean member of the WWE Universe hehe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Sorry for going off topic..But damn that uber fan at the bottom right of the pic with the red cap is nearly at every flippin televised event lol..Where does he get teh monies?

I don't care if you're sorry or not, do not go off topic in threads.
    EdK wrote: »
    botttom left surely?, I think he works for t mobile or something so its probably promotion or something, it's kinda sad really there were people taking pics with him at wrestlemania he's just a fan, whoops I mean member of the WWE Universe hehe

And this has what to do with WWE-vs-TNA?

Next off topic post gets a weeks ban, no exception.

orestes wrote: »
    I don't care if you're sorry or not, do not go off topic in threads.

And this has what to do with WWE-vs-TNA?

Next off topic post gets a weeks ban, no exception.

I suppose i'll get the ban. I'm not trying to be an ignorant prick or anything with this post, but..

Orestes, you go way too overboard with this off-topic stuff. Threads have always gone off topic.

Neither of those guys said anything malicious or harmful. No one was offended and no cheap shots were taken at any other users. I've spoken to you via PM and you seem like a nice guy and all, but you really take the fun out of a lot of threads with the off-topic posts. You even give out to people in the Off-Topic thread for going off topic. :(

I already know i'm getting the seven days of doom for this; but im just saying what other people are thinking.

Incase im not around, Happy new year. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

I already know i'm getting the seven days of doom for this; but im just saying what other people are thinking.

Given that you've been banned prior to orestes & Vince's reign, you're probably looking at a 14 day ban.

And as for saying what other people are thinking, have you become the spokesperson for BoardsPW or something?! Because someone forgot to tell the rest of us. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Given that you've been banned prior to orestes & Vince's reign, you're probably looking at a 14 day ban.

And as for saying what other people are thinking, have you become the spokesperson for BoardsPW or something?! Because someone forgot to tell the rest of us. :rolleyes:

Banned for a week for posting off topic after a mod warning in thread.
    I suppose i'll get the ban. I'm not trying to be an ignorant prick or anything with this post, but..

Orestes, you go way too overboard with this off-topic stuff. Threads have always gone off topic.

Neither of those guys said anything malicious or harmful. No one was offended and no cheap shots were taken at any other users. I've spoken to you via PM and you seem like a nice guy and all, but you really take the fun out of a lot of threads with the off-topic posts. You even give out to people in the Off-Topic thread for going off topic. :(

Incase im not around, Happy new year. :pac:

Banned or two weeks for going off topic after a mod warning and disputing a mod decision in thread. If you wanna fight da powah take it to feedback or helpdesk, don't do it on thread.

It's bad enough mentioning Jarret's dead wife every episode but then bringing Owen Hart into it and Angle claiming he'd leave Jeff's children like Owens. Not cool
    You hardly know off hand when that was said, do you? I don't remember hearing it... :-/

• Advertisement

It's bad enough mentioning Jarret's dead wife every episode but then bringing Owen Hart into it and Angle claiming he'd leave Jeff's children like Owens. Not cool

Jarrett's wife was brought into it twice in about 4 months, thats hardly every night and Angle said no such thing about Owen Hart, his name was only brought up as him being Jarrett's tag partner. (1:30-1:35 on the video below).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-0typz_J_c

Do you even watch iMPACT!?

impact wasn't too bad last night, outside of all those talkie segments, i don't give a crap what type of music love or sabin listen to or their favourite place :mad:

taylor wilde was great last night, she seems to have picked it up a notch, not buying hemme as legit challenger to kong at all though, no more than i am buying maryse as divas champ

foley back in the ring, at last :)

impact wasn't too bad last night, outside of all those talkie segments,

See, if you actually watch iMPACT! you rarely notice the lack of wrestling. Only this weeks did I even remotely notice the lack of wrestling in the first hour, second hour was excellent though.

Do you even watch iMPACT!?

No. It's ****. The Bryan and Vinny show reviewing it is excellent though

See, if you actually watch iMPACT! you rarely notice the lack of wrestling. Only this weeks did I even remotely notice the lack of wrestling in the first hour, second hour was excellent though.

:confused: i watch impact every week, i was even at 3 impact shows this year

• Advertisement

:confused: i watch impact every week, i was even at 3 impact shows this year

Sorry that did sound like I was talking to you, I was using you as an example to show that those who actually watch the show enjoy it.

No. It's ****. The Bryan and Vinny show reviewing it is excellent though

So basically you base your opinion on a show, which you don't watch, on a review by two people, who you don't know, who obviously make things up based on what you said earlier in this thread. My friend, iMPACT! is not as bad as these people like to make it out to be, it is actually quite an entertaining show.

So basically you base your opinion on a show, which you don't watch, on a review by two people, who you don't know, who obviously make things up based on what you said earlier in this thread. My friend, iMPACT! is not as bad as these people like to make it out to be, it is actually quite an entertaining show.

They didn't lie. Just watched the promo for the first time there. The heel mentions Owen Hart allowing the fans to chant his name because he died in the ring. He then 2 minutes later says he's going to drown him in the ring. He then goes on to say the wrestling community will be able to live without JJ but will they be able to (points at his kids who's mother passed away last year). I just put it wrong

As for not watching Impact, I did for a while but it's not very good and if something's not good I don't see the point on sitting through it hoping it gets better every week. If I read or hear a good review I'll check it out. I read about the feuds so the PPVs make sense. Also, if Steiner makes another promo about half breeds I'll spend the day listening

You seemed to ignore the fact that you posted false information about something you didnt see yourself

They didn't lie. Just watched the promo for the first time there. The heel mentions Owen Hart allowing the fans to chant his name because he died in the ring. He then 2 minutes later says he's going to drown him in the ring. He then goes on to say the wrestling community will be able to live without JJ but will they be able to (points at his kids who's mother passed away last year). I just put it wrong

As for not watching Impact, I did for a while but it's not very good and if something's not good I don't see the point on sitting through it hoping it gets better every week. If I read or hear a good review I'll check it out. I read about the feuds so the PPVs make sense. Also, if Steiner makes another promo about half breeds I'll spend the day listening
    The mention of Owen still isn't related, as Angle was actually respectful of him when his name was mentioned.

I think this has strayed a little.

It's funny how people are fast to critise why TNA is bad when they should be talking about why they prefer WWE.

I think this has strayed a little.

It's funny how people are fast to critise why TNA is bad when they should be talking about why they prefer WWE.
    Santino Marella.

SASR wrote: »
    Santino Marella.

Yeah, but he's just on RAW right. What makes you watch other WWE stuff?

Another reason why I like TNA is that it's not a massive commitment. I don't need to spend alot of hours watching stuff just so I can follow storylines. I could read recaps, but for the most part I find them editorialised and biased to the writers opinions.

EdK wrote: »
    You seemed to ignore the fact that you posted false information about something you didnt see yourself

I did address it. I said " I just put it wrong". What I should have said is that Angle mentioned Owen who left his kids without a father and then said he'd kill Jeff and then brought his kids onto the screen and asked how would they live without parents. Taste
    rizzla wrote:
    What makes you watch other WWE stuff?

For me it's that they actually spend time wrestling and don't waste too much time on women. I'm not sure about the christmas show but in the 3 before that TNA had 17,21 and 27 minutes of wrestling in a 2 hour show, normally with at least one womens match. I'm not watching that

Yeah, but he's just on RAW right. What makes you watch other WWE stuff?
    I don't really. I tend to catch Smackdown maybe once a month.

And I don't even know who's on ECW.

• Advertisement
Advertisement