Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How was your St. Stephens night?

Options
  • 27-12-2008 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭

I was out in Cork and I thought it was fairly quiet for St. Stephens. Still though, fairly messy afterwards with a few fights and people legless. More so than usually, obviously.

How did you get on?
    Tagged:

Comments

We stayed in watching movies and episode 1 from the Boxset of Wire in the Blood that I had bought my mother for christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

i stayed home sleeping of my hang over and eatin g left over turkey and ham!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,380 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Was working, was quite busy, more so than normal anyway, but worked out in the end. Would prefer to relax in front of the fire scoffing the mince pies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

I had a great night.

Did my new radio show (LOVE IT), then made it to the pub for a pint at last orders. Then back to my friends house for beers. We drank, we sang, we danced. Oh how we laughed.

Then I came home, ate half a selection box, posted shyte on here and then conked it.

I am feral this morning guys, FERAL. But it was worth it (?)

Now I have to go and do it all over again. May I take this opportunity to apologise in advance to my company for this afternoon. They may be reading and quite frankly, deserve to be warned!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

all the clubs/pubs locally were charging €15-20 in, so i decided screw going out and stayed in watching my xmas dvds and ordered pizza!
    going out tonight instead!

• Advertisement

Azureus wrote: »
    all the clubs/pubs locally were charging €15-20 in, so i decided screw going out and stayed in watching my xmas dvds and ordered pizza!
    going out tonight instead!

Good for you. I have a real problem paying to get in bleedin door of somewhere!

But local pubs charging extortionate prices in cos its Stephen's night? Gimme a shaggin break.

They were all at it around where I live. Me arse did anyone pay that money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

i dont mind paying in a lil bit sometimes if they've drink promos or something going on, but from what i heard (from the crazies who did pay in!) they hiked up the drinks prices as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

I was working in a bar and it was crap...
    why does everyone feel obliged to go and get completely demented on Stephen's night?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,570 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Mate of mine came back from abroad today and proceeded to buy me too many shots, resulting in some controlled projectile vometing. I remember the whole night, which is a nice change

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

why does everyone feel obliged to go and get completely demented on Stephen's night?

Because you had the day before off and they could only drink at home....quit thinking of yourself.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭postalservice

Heineken, Vodka, Fosters, Goldshlager, Tequila, another Goldshlager, Jagermeister etc:o

Because the pubs weren't open the day before. :eek:

Because you had the day before off and they could only drink at home....quit thinking of yourself.;)

Yeah, I'm only annoyed as I wasn't out getting demented too, ah well I'll have my chance tonight...

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

See thats the thing I really hate about this country. The expectancy of people to drink. The pubs close for one day (be it Christmas day/Good friday) and people can be seem like Zombies wandering not knowing that to do (or need to stay at home and get sloshed at home). Im not saying that people shouldnt be drinking, but many of my friends go "Oh my god, I didnt go out all weekend. Its so depressing. I didnt even drink, blah blah blah". Is this country really dependant on alcohol that much that people feel it is imperative that they have drinks at the weekend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

To keep you in a job?

stovelid wrote: »
    To keep you in a job?

Ah bless em....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Ah bless em....

Exactly.

So make sure and fiddle them some free shots next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Went out at home for the first time since last St.Stephen's night. Same old tossers, more fights than last year, got a kebab on chip and went home. Here's to next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

antodeco wrote: »
    See thats the thing I really hate about this country. The expectancy of people to drink. The pubs close for one day (be it Christmas day/Good friday) and people can be seem like Zombies wandering not knowing that to do (or need to stay at home and get sloshed at home). Im not saying that people shouldnt be drinking, but many of my friends go "Oh my god, I didnt go out all weekend. Its so depressing. I didnt even drink, blah blah blah". Is this country really dependant on alcohol that much that people feel it is imperative that they have drinks at the weekend?

Good point.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

antodeco wrote: »

The short answer is 'yes'. What irritates me as well is how the level of alcohol you consume is somehow linked to kudos for having done so. I mean, a ape could drink itself into a stupor (actually, having seen some the stuff at 2am, I'm not sure this isn't that case).
    In this country, it doesn't seem to be the case that you can go for a few drinks and go home feeling a bit tipsy. You have to get absolutely hammered, if the opportunity arises knock a fella out for talking to a girl you might be attracted to, abuse some takeaway staff for trying to short change you, puke up in the cab home. remember little the next day and spend the rest of the day trying to recover.

• Advertisement
Advertisement