Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Happy Birthday from boards.org.uk Forums

Options
  • 27-12-2008 1:27pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hello kearnsr,

We at boards.org.uk Forums would like to wish you a happy birthday today!

Got this from boards.org.uk.

As far as I know both sites are owned by the same people.

Just wondering do boards.ie do this as well? Its a nice little gesture
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Try pming the mod. :p Yup. I got a birthday email. Its nice isn't it ^_^

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Nerin wrote: »
    Try pming the mod. :p Yup. I got a birthday email. Its nice isn't it ^_^

What mod? They should be all pm me!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

kearnsr wrote: »
    Got this from boards.org.uk.

As far as I know both sites are owned by the same people.

Just wondering do boards.ie do this as well? Its a nice little gesture

2 Years ago I got one from all the sites except .ie .... last year I got 1 from all of them including .ie

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

This year alls i got for my birthday was an infraction.

no cake

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

snyper wrote: »

no cake

:o how terrible. And how did that affect you. *pats snyper*

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Nerin wrote: »
    :o how terrible. And how did that affect you. *pats snyper*

He turend into a little tea pot

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

On behalf of boards.ie - Happy Birthday!

Gordon wrote: »
    On behalf of boards.ie - Happy Birthday!

Sweet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I've gotten "Happy Birthday" messages from Boards for the past few years.
    It's nice, especially since most of my real "friends" forget. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Yeah, it was shockingly nice! I think o2 do the same as well, meh its good to know you are loved :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Yeah, O2 used send me Happy Birthday messages.

About 4 years ago I gave my old O2 phoe to my Dad when I got a new Meteor phone.
    He occasionally gets "Happy Birthday" on my birthday and deletes them without me even seeing them. Meteor send me nothing. :(

I got a happy birthday from AC Milan. Seriously boards need to do better. I’m an Inter fan

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

You can blame that birthday thing for my presence here.

I signed up, forgot that I had and the birthday reminde brought me back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

snyper wrote: »

no cake

What did maddie get for her birthday?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

kearnsr wrote: »
    I got a happy birthday from AC

Any time, buddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

Any time, buddy.

Thanks for sticking the tenner in the card you cheap person!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Nearly all forums send them (especially vB based ones), and it's always the same message more or less....

...and the attachment - thats only a few

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Every now and then some one responds to them, believing we have written it by hand. Its kinda hilarious but also sweet of them :)

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

DeVore wrote: »
    Every now and then some one responds to them, believing we have written it by hand. Its kinda hilarious but also sweet of them :)

DeV.
    hehe, you are a mean admin. :)

Imagine writing them by hand... that'd be like writing the same thing almost to 80,000 users a year... whoa! CuLt, we've got a job lined up for you every day to do while you're having your tea break..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

DeVore wrote: »

DeV.

Ah bless their cotton socks! Those naive little noobs.

I on the other hand do get a personally written birthday greeting from Boards. How else would it have my username in it??? Huh??

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Nearly all forums send them (especially vB based ones), and it's always the same message more or less....

...and the attachment - thats only a few

154157__tom5_l.jpg

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Yay, I just got one now! :D

Thanks boards :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

MizzLolly wrote: »
    Yay, I just got one now! :D

Thanks boards :P
    See - boards does care!

Happy Birthday MizzLolly!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Are there any forums on boards that have "Happy Birthday" threads ? On another slightly more casual forum I used to use they'd have Happy Birthday threads....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Are there any forums that have "Happy Birthday" threads ? On another slightly more casual forum I used to use they'd have Happy Birthday threads....

1. Wait till your birthday
    2. Start a 'happy birthday me' thread in AH
    3. Happy birthday alan dunne 27, cos I probably won't be quick enough to get ibtl.

Just kidding dude.:)

Joking aside, there are 200k users on boards, maybe half of them are active. That means by the law of averages, it's probably 270ish users birthday every day on boards.
    That would be a hell of a lot of birthday threads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

SteveC wrote: »
    1. Wait till your birthday
    2. Start a 'happy birthday me' thread in AH
    3. Happy birthday alan dunne 27, cos I probably won't be quick enough to get ibtl.

Just kidding dude.:)

Joking aside, there are 200k users on boards, maybe half of them are active. That means by the law of averages, it's probably 270ish users birthday every day on boards.
    That would be a hell of a lot of birthday threads.

It's not my birthday for a good few months
    I don't use AH that much.

There's a lot of sub forums that some people will only frequent so take some subforum, I dont know, something in sports (that isn't Soccer cause it's probably against the rules to be nice and wish someone a happy birthday .... or something) there'd be maybe a small handful of birthdays each day ?

I dunno, just a thought. I suppose you could post it in Cuckoo's Nest

It's not my birthday for a good few months
    I don't use AH that much.

There's a lot of sub forums that some people will only frequent so take some subforum, I dont know, something in sports (that isn't Soccer cause it's probably against the rules to be nice and wish someone a happy birthday .... or something) there'd be maybe a small handful of birthdays each day ?

I dunno, just a thought. I suppose you could post it in Cuckoo's Nest
    I'm sure if you posted it in any of the forums with a chat thread - e.g the lair, yore ma's, the new photography forum chat thread, there are countless more but they are just the ones that spring to mind.. then it'd be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

• Advertisement

eVeNtInE wrote: »
    I agree. I was talking about posting within the chat threads.
    I should have made that clear, sorry.

Advertisement