Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restoring an Iphone 3G question

• 27-12-2008 2:18pm
    Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I have a 16gig 3G Iphone and for some reason when I go into Itunes it can not read the phone and is prompting me to do a restore. I am using a turbo sim at the moment and this happens with it in or out.

I have no problem restoring but if I do will the phone upgrade itself to version 2.2 because if it does then my turbosim will not work.

Any ideas,

Thanks
    TCP/IP

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Ernie Ball

TCP/IP wrote: »
    Hi there,

I have a 16gig 3G Iphone and for some reason when I go into Itunes it can not read the phone and is prompting me to do a restore. I am using a turbo sim at the moment and this happens with it in or out.

I have no problem restoring but if I do will the phone upgrade itself to version 2.2 because if it does then my turbosim will not work.

Any ideas,

Thanks
    TCP/IP

I hesitate to write this because if I'm wrong and you screw up your phone, you'll blame me. So here's a disclaimer: if you do this and it doesn't work, don't blame me. You do it at your own risk.

My understanding is this: As long as you haven't downloaded the 2.2 software (if you're not sure, check what's in ~/Library/iTunes/iPhone Software Updates), it should restore to whatever is the latest version in the iPhone Software Updates directory. Even if 2.2 is in there, taking it out (and leaving 2.1) should ensure that you don't disable your TurboSIM.

I'd wait for others to confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭elmoie

i was messing with mine n put it in recovery mode :( this video shows how to get out of it easily so didn't have to do a restore :) hope it helps ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xO1jiPE9nnY&annotation_id=annotation_279643&feature=iv

Advertisement