Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is G-star RAW the new burburry????

• 27-12-2008 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭

I went into G-Star Raw the oher day before xmas to buy a hoodie and all these lil pikeys were in there buying up the shop, then it dawned on me

every lil scumbag with there fake la coste tracksuits is wearing g star! it used to be a great bran a few years back but the knackers have ruined it for me

does anyone else agree????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

I think the clothes in general have gone downhill, the stitching in the jeans is terrible these days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

G Star Raw, Fred Perry, Lyle and Scott, Lacoste, to a lesser extent Hackett and Penguin have all blown up in the last few years. Everyone wears them, it doesn't take away from the quality of the clothes it just so happens for better or worse the brands are big. Can't stop others wearing them, but I still understand your point in a way. I LOVE Lyle+S for instance and find it hilarious to see 'sweaaaar boyiz' in gear I used to take abuse for!

Like walking around a college campus and noticing every two-bob joe in Abercrombie, brands just explode like that once in a while. They, like anything, go through stages of 'in' and 'out'. Take FILA at the minute, when the FECK did anyone think kids would be asking for Fila trackies again!??

Meh, shouldn't put you off the clothes me thinks. Everyone has a right to wear whatever they want, and as they say its not what you wear.....
    ...its how you wear it ;)

What shop was it? I'd put a (virtual) tenner on BT2?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭maninblack

yes g-star has officially become ****e!

i used to always wear g-star stuff all the time before i started noticing a lot of former fred-perry/lacoste/burberry wearer's moving to g-star. now it's like every second scumbag you see walking the streets has a 'g-star raw 3301' hoodie on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭Burago

I think whenever the chavs take on a brand they always pick the most horrible pieces from each collection. A case in point being Lacoste. Lacoste polo t-shirts are still a fashion staple but a stripy blue and white Lacoste jumper is chav wear only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

It's not that bad. Their tees and some of their jeans are very in your face which appeals to skangers but most of their jackets, belts and scarves are subtle and great quality

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

hopefully with the recession we'll see fewer good brands destroyed by the chavs

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Beerlao

i got a pair of their jeans for christmas and they look great i have to say. i don't really care for what other people are wearing on the street.

also, when did the word "chav" enter irish vocabulary?? we had our own (better) words long before chav

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

" i don't really care for what other people are wearing on the street"

If you live by this, you'll never fail style.

People who don't have to change the whole collection every six months, things get popular, and fall in and out of popularity. Meh. No point giving a damn whats in or out, as I said in my first reply it ain't WHAT you wear.....

As for the word Chav, leave it to Britland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

when did knacks start getting money to buy g-star stuff?

ive a few jackets that are g-star and they are very pricey, but i like the style of them a lot, so ill pay the premium

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Burago wrote: »
    I think whenever the chavs take on a brand they always pick the most horrible pieces from each collection. A case in point being Lacoste. Lacoste polo t-shirts are still a fashion staple but a stripy blue and white Lacoste jumper is chav wear only.

Agreed.

Same for Fred Perry.

• Advertisement
Advertisement