Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Institute Revision course- Christmas

Options
  • 27-12-2008 3:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭

Hey! I was just wondering whether there is many people who are sacrificing a week of holidays to do their course? I'm doing English and Biology.

I'm also wondering if there is anybody else out there who has done them before? Are they as good as they seem?

Hope everybody is enjoying the holidays!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭RandomIrl

hear they give very accurate predictions...but at the end of the day...they are only predictions!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

I went last year for applied maths and chemistry. The applied maths was excellent, the chemistry wasn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Are these any use or are one-to-one grinds better?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

i'm doing the biology ones... found it very sneaky the way they put it into two subjects, making us pay more for the whole course!

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

i did english ones threre 3 years ago when i was a full time student there and basically you are given all the same notes as the full time students,im going there next week for english and maths as im repeating and im looking foward to getting all my sample english essays etc,and yes it is sneaky the way the divide subjects,im only doing one of the maths sections but if needs be ill do the other one at easter.
    my friend got individual grinds from the bio teacher in there but at 50euro aa go its a bit steep

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

kateos2 wrote: »
    found it very sneaky the way they put it into two subjects, making us pay more for the whole course!

Which would you prefer, them to skirt over the entire course not going near half of what they could, or doing it in two seperate bits covering everything.

Doing: Physics SectB and English

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭RandomIrl

institute grinds are really good especially the higher level maths so id say the revision courses would be good aswell...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Fad wrote: »
    Which would you prefer, them to skirt over the entire course not going near half of what they could, or doing it in two seperate bits covering everything.

hmm never thought of it like that, good point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

I'm doing Cork's equivalent, the Bruce College Revision course. Doing 5 subjects: English, Irish, Maths, French and Geography. So far so good! I'm knackered from the 9-5 days though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭irishmonkey

who do you guys have?

I go there for the weekend classes.

The teachers are so enthusiastic about their subjects.
    It's great :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭bricky10

Im in there for history, my teacher is a million times better than my one back in my school. The notes are unreal. I must say I am really enjoying it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭daithiolabhrai

Just finished inistitute revision course in Irish and History - both were excellent, considering the time frame the teachers had to work within

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭aine-maire

Anyone know the dates it'll be on at Easter?

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭TDOie

I done it for the Junior Cert , French and Science. French teacher was good but I dont think I picked up much.

Science was terrible , didnt cover half of what was advertised nor gave notes for it. Girls would shut up talking throughout , really annoying when your there to brush up on ur grades.

Problem with the institute is you have alot of snotty kids who are only their because their parents forced them and they spend the hole time talking to their friends making it hard to hear.

TDOie wrote: »
    I done it for the Junior Cert , French and Science. French teacher was good but I dont think I picked up much.

Science was terrible , didnt cover half of what was advertised nor gave notes for it. Girls would shut up talking throughout , really annoying when your there to brush up on ur grades.

Problem with the institute is you have alot of snotty kids who are only their because their parents forced them and they spend the hole time talking to their friends making it hard to hear.

Do I spot the seeds of yet another debate on The Institute? Please no!

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭TDOie

Do I spot the seeds of yet another debate on The Institute? Please no!

lol , No Im not trying to start one. It's a good school alot of people in my classes now went there , high feeder rate to UCD and TCD ofc. Just there is always the minority who are there and dont want to be.

Advertisement