Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Game on the Xbox 360

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I don't think I know anyone that dislikes Half Life :)

How long have you played it for? Fallout 3 starts off a bit weak/slow, but definitely gets better the more you play. Even if you don't enjoy it though, you're definitely not alone, seen plenty of people that aren't loving it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

Gears of War 1 and 2: More so number 2 everything about it just feels more epic and on a grander scale, actually gives the feeling you are involved in a war.

Rainbow 6 Vegas: Didn't get around to getting 2 yet but the first one was a great game.

Halo: Not really a fan of the campaign but played through it, the appeal comes from the online play.

COD 4: Never really got into the WW2 COD's but really enjoyed this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Samurai wrote: »
    I bought fallout 3 because it got so many recommendations here but have found it boring, reminds me of half life which I didn't like either

anyone else feel the same?

Yeah, I'd tend to agree with you there mate. I also bought it based on recommendations and trailers and so far have found it a bit tedious. But in fairness I didn't give it much of a chance. Left4Dead came along and Fallout 3 went back in the box. I'm not going to sell it though because I reckon it could be a winner given some time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

Fallout 3 topped the eurogamer readers choice game of the year poll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Yep, Fallout 3 gets my vote, absolutely tons of content and playability.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

For me, the best ones are:

- FIFA'09 (great gameplay now to go with good graphics -just look at how big our boards leagues are now!)
    - COD4 (absolutely amazing FPS multiplayer)
    - Left 4 Dead (brilliant multiplayer also)
    - Saints Row 2 (GTA rip-off, but is generally a bit more fun than GTA)
    - GTA4 (very addictive)
    - Grid (best racing game out there, marginally beats Colin McRae: DiRT which was also great)

Honorable mentions for Gears, PES6, Fallout 3, Far cry 2, COD:WaW (better than a lot of people think - lots were against it from the start because of Treyarch).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Call of Duty 4 : Modern Warfare.

This is the best game on the 360 hands down, and I can't wait for the next installment. Many days I have played this online. Sometimes when I go to bed after a marathon session of COD:MW I can see an M4 Carbine or a AK47 pacing on front of me as if I'm running in the game when I close my eyes.

Advertisement