Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DS & Wii Best Price

Options
  • 27-12-2008 3:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭

I'm looking to get a ds with brain training and the bf wants a wii, any ideas where we would get best deal without going online as no cc just laser?

Going up to newry monday anyway so will hav look then but wanted to get them in next few days.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Newry's your best bet. ~£98 in the likes of argos and dixons for a DS.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭rliston

I'm also looking for a wii, any good deals in shops south of the border?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭suzieb

I've rang around a lot of shops north and south of border and best offer on a ds at moment seems to be game in buttercrane.
    Its £119 for console,accessory pack and one game(walle,interior design or puzzler collection).
    Giving a rate of 92p today so afaik works out at €130.
    Cheapest down south seems to be €170 in gamestop.

Wii with wii sports and accessory pack is £209(€227) and cheapest seem to get it down south is €280 for same thing so think we'll get the two saving us

So unless theres somewhere selling cheaper that i dont know about i'll be saving €93.

But if anyone knows of anything better please let me know.

Tesco supposedly having a sale with 30% off electrics on 1 st january according to friend whos brother works there...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

Not exactly a direct reply, but I use this site a lot when I want to get up-to-date prices for Northern Ireland items.

www.offeroftheday.co.uk

It covers all the main high street stores.

Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭coghlac3

suzieb wrote: »

Tesco supposedly having a sale with 30% off electrics on 1 st january according to friend whos brother works there...

Anyone else have info on this. I too am in the market for a wii and
    happen to have a Tesco voucher, so this could be my way around it.

Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭col16

They have the Wii console on its own for just £178 delivered.
    http://www.shopto.net/page.php?page=dettagli&codart=WIICO00

Make sure to stay in the Pound rate as the Euro prices are way off the rate.
    They had the Wii fit package for around £255 delivered but are temporarily out of stock.Haven't used them myself yet but they have got some good reviews on here before.Might wait myself till the Fit package is back again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

I have used this site before and had no problems, DS Lite including delivery £104.99
    http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Nintendo-DS-Lite-Consoles

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭zipzoc

Does Tesco still sell the Wii? Where has the best price?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭xxshebeexx

Argos are selling the black Wii console for €199 at the moment:

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9241839/Trail/searchtext%3EWII.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 soviya

xxshebeexx wrote: »
    Argos are selling the black Wii console for €199 at the moment:

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9241839/Trail/searchtext%3EWII.htm

that is a little expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭karkar athlete

well for ds they start at €120- 160 - for dsixl in gamestop second hand
    of €140 new
    wii's start at €120 second hand, and €179 for the wii sports bundle black or white with wii, remote motion plus wii sports + resort or €230 for the same bundle with balance board and wii fit plus :D
    i'm trying to find one too, try adverts found a couple of ones!!!

Advertisement