Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

good free image viewer..

• 27-12-2008 3:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭

anyone recommend a good free image viewer ?

one that is good for quickly browsing pics, dont need to edit them, just browse
    them .. the windows one is terrible..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,397 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

Picasa.... both good and free..;)

http://picasa.google.com/

Dave OS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Buy a Mac :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42 mcdonnells

Piacssa for me also.

Handles Nikon RAW and some small editing

S

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I find that jpegs, that I have just finished PP on in Ps from RAW, always look slightly out of focus in iPhoto on a mac, anyone else have that problem?

• Advertisement

What are you saving them as? What quality? Even if you zoom in?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Fajitas! wrote: »
    What are you saving them as? What quality? Even if you zoom in?
    Just tried zooming in there and it looks good. But still! Would be nice to see perfect quality when zoomed out.

I save them to 'maximum' quality.

Sorry for hijacking your thread OP! ;)

It could just be the % you're viewing them at then, I'm not familiar with iPhoto, but at certain zoom distance's, they'll appear soft. It's a known problem with PS up until CS4 where they finally fixed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Balfey1972

oshead wrote: »
    Picasa.... both good and free..;)

http://picasa.google.com/

Dave OS

+1 on picasa. great piece of free software. The sharpness and saturation tools i find are great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

+1 for picassa for going through large numbers of images in different folders

• Advertisement
Advertisement