Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 Israeli = 155 Palestinians

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭munchester29

wes wrote: »
    Wait, you accuse the rest of us of using biased sources and you bring up Camera?

Here is an example of what Camera tries to do:
    Wikipedia campaign

Also, what is said in your article are just typical Israeli excuses, doesn't really change the content of what was quoted by paulaa.

Try reading the article first. If you don't beleive what it says - read the original article in Haaretz.
    I used the Camera article as a source because it saved me the time from going over the Haaretz article, extracting quotes, etc.

The sources you use have changed there story several times already. There own actions show them to be unreliable and not the fact that they are Israeli.

That’s how it works with official spokesmen.
    They have to issue a statement the moment a claim is made, and they usually deny everything. They do this because if they say nothing and just investigate the claims, the world would see their silence as admission of guilt.

The statements are then updated/changed after official investigations have been conducted and the actual details are clear.

That’s how it works all over the world, not just in Israel.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

I actually read what you post, and so far I haven’t seen any proof that anyone died from WP, besides rumours, beliefs, etc which don’t count as proof.

You just deny clear evidence, when it suits you. People have died, plain and simple. Denial of it, is an absurdity at this point. Its sorta hard to fake dead bodies with WP burns on them.
    The nature of the WP use (legitimate or not, and by whom) is crucial to this question.

I never mentioned it either way. I just said people died from it.
    For example, here is a possible scenario:
    Israel fired a WP shell for smoke screen purposes, but the shell didn’t explode.
    Hamas terrorists picked up the shell, and tried to use if for their purposes (maybe to booby trap a school), they did something wrong and it exploded hurting the terrorists and civilians standing by.

You have no proof of this. So your scenario is worthless.
    The Palestinians will naturally blame Israel for illegal use of WP, the UN will blame Israel, etc. Still doesn’t show Israel used WP shells illegally.

Well, the UN would know far better than anyone here. So thats more than enough proof.
    So all your proof, is not really proof, it is Palestinian claims.

The UN aren't run by the Palestinians, last I checked. The proof is perfectly valid. You just reject it for no good reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

I actually read what you post, and so far I haven’t seen any proof that anyone died from WP, besides rumours, beliefs, etc which don’t count as proof.

The nature of the WP use (legitimate or not, and by whom) is crucial to this question.

For example, here is a possible scenario:
    Israel fired a WP shell for smoke screen purposes, but the shell didn’t explode.
    Hamas terrorists picked up the shell, and tried to use if for their purposes (maybe to booby trap a school), they did something wrong and it exploded hurting the terrorists and civilians standing by.
    The Palestinians will naturally blame Israel for illegal use of WP, the UN will blame Israel, etc. Still doesn’t show Israel used WP shells illegally.

So all your proof, is not really proof, it is Palestinian claims.

This really is some of the most depraved stuff I have ever read.

I know its difficult to defend the barbarity of the IDF and the rotten state of a nation that stands behind them in their slaughter, but this isn't even at the level of clutching at straws.

Try reading the article first. If you don't beleive what it says - read the original article in Haaretz.
    I used the Camera article as a source because it saved me the time from going over the Haaretz article, extracting quotes, etc.

I already stated my opinion on what was said, and what was said doesn't change what was quoted. It just throws out the old tired terrorism excuse.

Also, I stated the source you used isn't well regarded. You have no issue with pointing out that main stream news sources, the UN can't be trusted etc. So I taught it valid to show that you don't hold your own sources to the same standards you demaned of others.

• Advertisement

You just deny clear evidence, when it suits you. People have died, plain and simple. Denial of it, is an absurdity at this point. Its sorta hard to fake dead bodies with WP burns on them.

It’s very easy actually. All you need are bodies and WP.

Well, the UN would know far better than anyone here. So thats more than enough proof

The UN aren't run by the Palestinians, last I checked. The proof is perfectly valid. You just reject it for no good reason.

Not really, the UN can’t be trusted either since 99% of UN personnel in Gaza are Palestinians.

Here is some interesting reading on the UN and their ties with Hamas:

http://www.honestreporting.com/articles/45884734/critiques/UNRWAs_Hamas_Employees.asp

That’s how it works with official spokesmen.
    They have to issue a statement the moment a claim is made, and they usually deny everything. They do this because if they say nothing and just investigate the claims, the world would see their silence as admission of guilt.

The statements are then updated/changed after official investigations have been conducted and the actual details are clear.

That’s how it works all over the world, not just in Israel.

Doesn't matter, there have been shown to be lieing. They have shown they can't be trusted based on there actions and I don't dismiss them based on race/religion, but on there actions.

I already stated my opinion on what was said, and what was said doesn't change what was quoted. It just throws out the old tired terrorism excuse.

Also, I stated the source you used isn't well regarded. You have no issue with pointing out that main stream news sources, the UN can't be trusted etc. So I taught it valid to show that you don't hold your own sources to the same standards you demaned of others.

Same as everybody else here, I use every source I have - Palestinain, Israeli, UN, left winged, right winged, whatever - as long as it helps my argument.

Doesn't matter, there have been shown to be lieing. They have shown they can't be trusted based on there actions and I don't dismiss them based on race/religion, but on there actions.

But the same can be said of the Palestinians...

Not really.

The IDF denied using WP. Evidence from impartial sources shows they did. They then admit using it but cloud the issue about legalilty.

When have the Palestinians been caught in such a blatant lie?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

If other people use sources based on Palestinian testimonies, then I believe I'm entitled to show the other side's point of view and quote Israeli sources.

And the truth be damned, presumably.

Are you seriously suggesting that Hamas mutilated dead bodies with WP?

Not really, the UN can’t be trusted either since 99% of UN personnel in Gaza are Palestinians.

http://www.honestreporting.com/articles/45884734/critiques/UNRWAs_Hamas_Employees.asp

And Palestinians, of course, cannot be trusted at all..... Because they are untermensch.

Fair enough, so your saying the faked it then? Any proof?

So the Palestinians run the UN, now?

So Hamas now run the entire UN then?

No, it can't. Same can be said for Hamas.

You are judging an entire race based on the actions of the few.

I am juding specfic organizations based on there own actions. World of difference.

Not really.

The IDF denied using WP. Evidence from impartial sources shows they did. They then admit using it but cloud the issue about legalilty.

When have the Palestinians been caught in such a blatant lie?

Well, one example would be how they said they wern't using Palestinian civilians as human shields, and then all those videos popping up showing them firing from civilian homes roof tops, from next to a TV broadcasting station, etc.

Nodin wrote: »
    And the truth be damned, presumably.

No, the truth needs to be assessed carefully, taking what both sides say into consideration (and suspecting everything). Implementing a bit of logic and common sense won’t hurt either.

Same as everybody else here, I use every source I have - Palestinain, Israeli, UN, left winged, right winged, whatever - as long as it helps my argument.

You go on about one groups bias, but ignore anothers completely.

No, the truth needs to be assessed carefully, taking what both sides say into consideration (and suspecting everything). Implementing a bit of logic and common sense won’t hurt either.

You reject one side completely.

Are you seriously suggesting that Hamas mutilated dead bodies with WP?

No, I’m suggesting that as long as the truth is unknown, there is no point to jump to conclusions.

And Palestinians, of course, cannot be trusted at all..... Because they are untermensch.

No, they can’t be trusted because they have been caught lying too many times in the past.

Well, one example would be how they said they wern't using Palestinian civilians as human shields, and then all those videos popping up showing them firing from civilian homes roof tops, from next to a TV broadcasting station, etc.

Still, you have no evidence, that they faked anything.

• Advertisement

No, I’m suggesting that as long as the truth is unknown, there is no point to jump to conclusions.

The truth is known.
    No, they can’t be trusted because they have been caught lying too many times in the past.

So you judge the entire race as liars then?

Fair enough, so your saying the faked it then? Any proof?

So the Palestinians run the UN, now?

So Hamas now run the entire UN then?

The higher level functionaries are European mostly, but all the ground personnel are Palestinians, and the high ranking officials base their reports on testimonies gathered from Palestinians by Palestinian UN workers.

No, it can't. Same can be said for Hamas.

You are judging an entire race based on the actions of the few.

I am juding specfic organizations based on there own actions. World of difference.

Ok, I agree - Hamas can't be trusted.

So you threw in two outlandish and offensive allegations against the Palestinians.

The IDF fired WP shells into the most densly populated place on earth and innocents died. The only unknown is how many died and exactly why the IDF decided to deploy this chemical in this environment.

But its the UN making these claims.

I'll ignore the racist undertones to that claim by the way

Still, you have no evidence, that they faked anything.

No, and you have no evidence that the Israelis fired WP intentionally and illegally on civilians. Didn’t stop you from reaching your own conclusions though.

The higher level functionaries are European mostly, but all the ground personnel are Palestinians, and the high ranking officials base their reports on testimonies gathered from Palestinians by Palestinian UN workers.

So the Palestinians are able to get the people in Europe to present false hoods then? Any proof of this?

So you judge the entire race as liars then?

No, and I never assumed you see all Israelis or all Jews as liars either.

No, and you have no evidence that the Israelis fired WP intentionally and illegally on civilians. Didn’t stop you from reaching your own conclusions though.

I just said people have died from WP. You flat out denied this. World of difference to what I said.

Also, the IDF fired the WP, so they fired it intentionally. Whether they targetting civlians or not is a different issue. Still civilians did die from WP.

No, and I never assumed you see all Israelis or all Jews as liars either.

I always specified the government and the IDF. I never said we should dismiss Jewish source or anythig like that.

You have however said Palestinians can not be trusted, you did no specify the government or Hamas. You dismiss there claims based on them being Palestinian.

• Advertisement

The IDF fired WP shells into the most densly populated place on earth and innocents died. The only unknown is how many died and exactly why the IDF decided to deploy this chemical in this environment.

Funny how you make a claim in the first sentence, yet basically admit that you can't base it on any proof in the second one.

Again - Israel fired WP, they never said they didn't. They say it was done legally and they are investigating claims that WP use was not legal. That is all the information out there that can actually be verified at this point.

Advertisement