Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 Israeli = 155 Palestinians

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭youcrazyjesus!

wes wrote: »
    Wow, even text books for a Human Rights course are now considered dangerous. Honestly, Israel must be trying to make themselves look bad at this point.

You'd almost think with Israel's actions generally, that there is a policy to encourage radicalism and violence amongst Palestinians, the opposite of the tactic the British State took with Sinn Féin. Of course this isn't true, as if Israel would do such a thing in order to cement permanent conflict.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

You'd almost think with Israel's actions generally, that there is a policy to encourage radicalism and violence amongst Palestinians, the opposite of the tactic the British State took with Sinn Féin. Of course this isn't true, as if Israel would do such a thing in order to cement permanent conflict.

Well, they did help Hamas get off there feet, back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭paulaa

wes wrote: »
    Wow, even text books for a Human Rights course are now considered dangerous. Honestly, Israel must be trying to make themselves look bad at this point.

They probably thought "Human Rights" was some sort of terrorist teaching !!!!
    There was no point allowing food bags into Gaza when they're only allowing enough food in to feed 30,000 of the 950,000 that need it.

They are allowing 25,000 flowers for Valentine's day out of Gaza because the Dutch Government asked them but they won't allow the injured out to get treatment.

What kind of warped minds are running the show there ???

Israel lets Gaza export Valentine's Day flowers

"KEREM SHALOM, Israel (AP) — Israel is relaxing its blockade of the Gaza Strip to let through 25,000 carnations headed to Europe for Valentine's Day.

But the head of the Gaza flower growers' association said that was "nothing" compared to the 40 million flowers a year that came out of the territory before the blockade.

The flowers will be Gaza's first exports in a year. Israel has blockaded Gaza since Hamas militants seized control of the territory in June 2007.

Israeli military spokesman Maj. Peter Lerner said Israel agreed to let the flowers through at the request of the Dutch government and Gaza farmers.

Lerner called the move an Israeli gesture and said it did not indicate any change in the overall policy toward Gaza.

But Mohammed Khalil, head of the Gaza flower growers' association, dismissed the move as "nothing."

Khalil said Gaza used to export 40 million flowers a year, so 25,000 carnations is insignificant.

"We had to feed the flowers to the animals because we couldn't export them," he said. "We are afraid of losing our reputation in Europe and are afraid to plan ahead."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hWhOoWbaSBsGcdgJmBqOCjzFTLLQD96A41601

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Yogabba

• Advertisement

Irish trade unionists plan boycott of Israeli goods in aftermath of Gaza op

"Irish trade unionists said this week that they plan to launch a boycott of Israeli goods in 2009. Meanwhile, Manchester University Student Union adopted a resolution supporting a boycott of Israel.

In moving ahead with plans to boycott Israel, the Irish Congress of Trade Unions (ICTU) says it is relying on "evidence" left in the aftermath of the Israeli invasion into Gaza in December.

It also said to be drawing from a "fact-finding mission" to Gaza by a dozen of its senior members more than a year ago. Leaders within the Irish Congress of Trade Unions are to hold a conference this year to act as "a springboard" for their campaign.

"The trip was over a year ago but its campaign will move up a gear this year with a major conference to highlight the Palestinian/Israeli situation, while research on a boycott of Israeli goods to press for a settlement will also be finalized," a statement by the organization read. "(continued)

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1063759.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

paulaa wrote: »

They are allowing 25,000 flowers for Valentine's day out of Gaza because the Dutch Government asked them but they won't allow the injured out to get treatment.

What kind of warped minds are running the show there ???

I dunno Its not like you can give someone a bouquet of injured on valentines day,now is it?.

Yogabba wrote: »

Interesting how people feel that the flower story is more interesting to comment on than this one...

Interesting how people feel that the flower story is more interesting to comment on than this one...

Its a long thread, and it has been discussed before.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Its not a surprise, you won't find the usual israel bashers cueing up to respond to this type of story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

Its not a surprise, you won't find the usual israel bashers cueing up to respond to this type of story.

No, you're right, just because Hamas are scum who kill Palestinians Israel should be allowed bomb schools.

What the hell were we thinking?

I thought this thread had died as all the pro Israel posters had disappeared en masse :rolleyes:
    As Wes said this has been discussed before and I don't know why anyone is surprised at it.

Speaking of scum, this is what Israelis have just given 15 seats to in their parliament.

Police have evidence of money laundering against Lieberman

Police have amassed sufficient evidence to link Israel Beiteinu chairman Avigdor Lieberman with money laundering charges, a former National Fraud Unit investigator told The Jerusalem Post Thursday, citing a senior police source.

Police suspect Lieberman used Cypriot bank accounts registered to his daughter's name for money laundering purposes, and possibly to also carry out fraud and bribery offenses.

"The police source said there was no doubt about money laundering," Dep.-Cmdr. (ret.) Boaz Guttman said. "But he refused to talk about bribery."

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1233304779404&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull

Partly I didn't post because I've been busy but in part also it was to show up some of the anti-israeli posters for what they are...

And as for Lieberman, I don't recall anyone on this thread supporting him, I despise the man and have consistenly said so. Crooks have been voted in many countries, Charles Haughey, Ray Burke et al in Ireland, Yasser Arafat bilked millions from funds provided to the PA.

Partly I didn't post because I've been busy but in part also it was to show up some of the anti-israeli posters for what they are...

And as for Lieberman, I don't recall anyone on this thread supporting him, I despise the man and have consistenly said so. Crooks have been voted in many countries, Charles Haughey, Ray Burke et al in Ireland, Yasser Arafat bilked millions from funds provided to the PA.

"show up some of the anti-israeli posters for what they are..."
    What exactly does that mean ?
    Just exactly what are those of us who think Israel's actions against the native inhabitants of Palestine is illegal, immoral and barbaric ?

I know you have made your feelings known about Lieberman, the point I was making is why people keep voting the likes of him, Olmert, Hirchson and others into positions of power. The corruption is breathtaking and yet here they are, voted in over and over again

I know every country has it's corrupt officials but not too many of them are given carte blanche to commit atrocities like Gaza time after time except in dictatorships where decent people have no choice.

I see they have moved the goalposts again in the negotiations on a ceasefire.
    Now Olmert is dragging poor Shalit into the equation as a condition when he could have had him freed over a year ago. Stalling tactics to avoid peace as far as I can see, especially when the talks were going well and Hammas had shown their willingness to agree to the other conditions.

Why are they so afraid of peace ? Is it to stop any negotiation of a Palestine state that they keep doing this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Irish trade unionists plan boycott of Israeli goods in aftermath of Gaza op

"Irish trade unionists said this week that they plan to launch a boycott of Israeli goods in 2009.

It also said to be drawing from a "fact-finding mission" to Gaza by a dozen of its senior members more than a year ago.. "(continued)

eh, what goods? can anyone name the offending articles? i doubt it. lets all bang the drum and make some noise.
    and the unions needed 12 senior members to find facts... i wonder who funded that? well done the unions, mighty mighty men that ye all are. hang on, here comes some other bandwagon ye can jump onto. if they charge ye can put it onto the expenses.

Anyone who has been following the threads here will know what products are from Israel.

It's not just Irish Trade Unions, it worldwide and growing.

Some examples

Durban South Africa, Dockworkers Refuse to Offload Israeli Cargo

Israeli women expose companies complicit in occupation

Western Australia: Portworkers endorse boycott of Israel

Caterpillar: Church of England has divested £2.2m

San Francisco Labor Council demands Gaza border opening now

Italy’s largest union: Prosecute Israeli war crimes, suspend EU Assoc. Agreement

Europe postpones upgrade of Israel trade agreement

US: United Electrical Workers Call for End to Bloodshed in Gaza

New Zealand Council of Trade Unions endorses Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions

Israeli citizens call for Sanctions against Israel

Quebec unions / civil society mass solidarity demo

Sao Paulo demo unites opposition to Israeli attack

British telecom firm severs ties with Israeli counterparts over Gaza

Turkish mass rallies demand Israeli boycott

Veolia under pressure in Sweden

Unilever to sell stake in plant based in West Bank settlement
    "The food and soap manufacturing multinational Unilever has announced that it will divest from an Israeli factory in Ariel settlement, which is illegally built on land confiscated from Palestinians. In this latest instance of corporations cutting their ties with Israeli settlement businesses, Unilever will sell its 51% stake in the Beigel & Beigel factory in Ariel. Other multinational corporations who have taken similar actions are: Swedish company Assa Abloy, which removed its Mul-T-Lock factory in the Barkan settlement; the Barkan Winery company, which divested from its branch on the Barkan Industrial Park after entering a partnership with the Dutch beer manufacturer, Heineken; and Harrod’s department store, which cleared its shelves of Beigel & Beigel products in August."

Israeli Eden Springs, a water cooler company, closed its East of Scotland depot after losing “hundreds of contracts” across Scotland

Canada Health Professionals Against the Siege of Gaza

http://www.labournet.net/default.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

230 odd pages is a bit much for reading but apologies for not knowing what the products are. Dont get me wrong, i think whats going on over there is pure criminality. however, i dont need a dozen trade union officials wasting money on a junket to tell me that. where did they stay when they went over? where did they visit? HOW MUCH DID IT COST? what has it achieved?
    IMHO it was a gang of lads away for the week, being well fed and looked after. I suppose its the thought that counts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 ldl1949

I am half Irish Half Israeli (probably the only one in the world).

First ill just say that I hate politics borders and all other kind of racism and separation made by man!

about what happened and still happening in Gaza strip/Israel...
    both side's are all most equally at fault and not at fault, as neither of the sides have where to ""back off (retreat) to"". so the situation stands where 2 ""different"" people are stuck in a situation where violence (or at least ""sensible violence"") can resolve.

I would talk about peace but that would be like talking about how you will open a airplane factory after you've just completed a paper airplane, so I don't think at the moment it is time for that yet (sadly).

**just a point for you to think about... when some of the Palestine's where running away from Israel after they filed there war (BTW: A lot of them stayed and got Israeli citizenships and are Israeli citizens today with full rights), they run to Egypt, Jordan and Lebanon where they were all killed by there thousands..! and this is why they got ""stock"" between Israel and Egypt (that is the Gaza strip). if Egypt would agree to accept them the problem's (humanitarian) would be solved.

answer me in short why do you think Egypt does not take them in?

Daroxtar wrote: »
    230 odd pages is a bit much for reading but apologies for not knowing what the products are. Dont get me wrong, i think whats going on over there is pure criminality. however, i dont need a dozen trade union officials wasting money on a junket to tell me that. where did they stay when they went over? where did they visit? HOW MUCH DID IT COST? what has it achieved?
    IMHO it was a gang of lads away for the week, being well fed and looked after. I suppose its the thought that counts.

Maybe so. I have never been a member of a union so I don't know anything about the internal workings of them. Any way that's beside the point of this particular thread and up to trade union members to deal with if they're not happy.

This was posted on another thread about Products and companies.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=58742115&postcount=125

Anyone who has been following the threads here will know what products are from Israel.

It's not just Irish Trade Unions, it worldwide and growing.

Some examples

Durban South Africa, Dockworkers Refuse to Offload Israeli Cargo

Israeli women expose companies complicit in occupation

Western Australia: Portworkers endorse boycott of Israel

Caterpillar: Church of England has divested £2.2m

San Francisco Labor Council demands Gaza border opening now

Italy’s largest union: Prosecute Israeli war crimes, suspend EU Assoc. Agreement

Europe postpones upgrade of Israel trade agreement

US: United Electrical Workers Call for End to Bloodshed in Gaza

New Zealand Council of Trade Unions endorses Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions

Israeli citizens call for Sanctions against Israel

Quebec unions / civil society mass solidarity demo

Sao Paulo demo unites opposition to Israeli attack

British telecom firm severs ties with Israeli counterparts over Gaza

Turkish mass rallies demand Israeli boycott

Veolia under pressure in Sweden

Unilever to sell stake in plant based in West Bank settlement
    "The food and soap manufacturing multinational Unilever has announced that it will divest from an Israeli factory in Ariel settlement, which is illegally built on land confiscated from Palestinians. In this latest instance of corporations cutting their ties with Israeli settlement businesses, Unilever will sell its 51% stake in the Beigel & Beigel factory in Ariel. Other multinational corporations who have taken similar actions are: Swedish company Assa Abloy, which removed its Mul-T-Lock factory in the Barkan settlement; the Barkan Winery company, which divested from its branch on the Barkan Industrial Park after entering a partnership with the Dutch beer manufacturer, Heineken; and Harrod’s department store, which cleared its shelves of Beigel & Beigel products in August."

Israeli Eden Springs, a water cooler company, closed its East of Scotland depot after losing “hundreds of contracts” across Scotland

Canada Health Professionals Against the Siege of Gaza

http://www.labournet.net/default.asp

All of which means very little in real terms.

• Advertisement

ldl1949 wrote: »
    I am half Irish Half Israeli (probably the only one in the world).

First ill just say that I hate politics borders and all other kind of racism and separation made by man!

about what happened and still happening in Gaza strip/Israel...
    both side's are all most equally at fault and not at fault, as neither of the sides have where to ""back off (retreat) to"". so the situation stands where 2 ""different"" people are stuck in a situation where violence (or at least ""sensible violence"") can resolve.

I would talk about peace but that would be like talking about how you will open a airplane factory after you've just completed a paper airplane, so I don't think at the moment it is time for that yet (sadly).

**just a point for you to think about... when some of the Palestine's where running away from Israel after they filed there war (BTW: A lot of them stayed and got Israeli citizenships and are Israeli citizens today with full rights), they run to Egypt, Jordan and Lebanon where they were all killed by there thousands..! and this is why they got ""stock"" between Israel and Egypt (that is the Gaza strip). if Egypt would agree to accept them the problem's (humanitarian) would be solved.

answer me in short why do you think Egypt does not take them in?

hi. Why should anyone have to take them in, why should they have to leave their own country ?

You know as well as I do that there is no "right of return" for Palestinians, yet thousands of people, many of whom have never set foot in Israel, are being encourage to come and settle there on land stolen from the Palestinian people.

Go on, tell us why Egypt doesn't want to take them in.

All of which means very little in real terms.

It worked in South Africa and got rid of apartheid.

BTW you didn't answer my question to your other post

You said "show up some of the anti-israeli posters for what they are..."

What exactly does that mean ?
    Just exactly what are those of us who think Israel's actions against the native inhabitants of Palestine is illegal, immoral and barbaric ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Never as headline grabbing as a rocket, yet far more aggressive and concrete an act of aggression......
    EFRAT, West Bank, Feb. 16 -- Plans to expand a West Bank settlement by up to 2,500 homes drew Palestinian condemnation Monday and presented an early test for President Obama, whose Middle East envoy is well known for opposing such construction.
    Israel opened the way for possible expansion of the Efrat settlement by taking control of a nearby West Bank hill of 423 acres. The rocky plot was recently designated state land and is part of a master plan that envisions the settlement growing from 9,000 to 30,000 residents, Efrat Mayor Oded Revivi said.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/02/16/AR2009021601293.html?hpid=sec-world

hi. Why should anyone have to take them in, why should they have to leave their own country ?

You know as well as I do that there is no "right of return" for Palestinians, yet thousands of people, many of whom have never set foot in Israel, are being encourage to come and settle there on land stolen from the Palestinian people.

Go on, tell us why Egypt doesn't want to take them in.

Firstly you have a problem with the way you started... why do you think its ""there own country""?

and your second paragraph made no sense to me. if you say they never set foot in Israel and they have no right to return but are only being incurred by political forces which just want power (that comes from conflict) to return... then why do you think it is there country?

**And where do you think all the 6 million Israeli+jews that are living in Israel have to move in case all the Plastiniens return?

Nodin wrote: »
    Never as headline grabbing as a rocket, yet far more aggressive and concrete an act of aggression......

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/02/16/AR2009021601293.html?hpid=sec-world

Thanks for the link. This is why I believe that Israel do not want peace at this time. They would have to make concessions, dismantle the illegal settlements and stop stealing land as per the various agreements they have already been party to.

Firstly you have a problem with the way you started... why do you think its ""there own country""?

and your second paragraph made no sense to me. if you say they never set foot in Israel and they have no right to return but are only being incurred by political forces which just want power (that comes from conflict) to return... then why do you think it is there country?

**And where do you think all the 6 million Israeli+jews that are living in Israel have to move in case all the Plastiniens return?

I don't have a problem at all but I'm sorry if my post was not clear to you.
    The Palestinians lived in Palestine, most of which has been taken over by Israel . The Palestinians were forced to flee from this country of theirs when the Israelis, the majority of whom came from other countries, started using force against them.

The Palestinian refugees, those who were forced off their land and fled to neighbouring countries, have no Right of Return according to the Zionists.

Many of those who now live on stolen land in Israel and who claim it is their country had never set foot in the place before making aliyah.

They could go back to whatever country they came from but it's not going to happen. The Israelis are trying to get rid of the Palestinians who are still in Palestine so the Israelis are hardly going to allow any of the refugees back now are they !! That is why, despite agreements etc, to the contrary, they are still building illegal settlements, to make it impossible for it to happen and to make Israel into an almost exclusively Jewish state.

I hope that's made it a bit simpler for you to understand

Why don't Egypt want to take the Palestinians in, do you have an answer to that as I asked you in my other post ?

The Palestinians lived in Palestine, most of which has been taken over by Israel (sort of true, they did live in Israel but there was no such thing as Palestine) . The Palestinians were forced to flee from this country of theirs when the Israelis, the majority of whom came from other countries, started using force against them(True, but you did forget to mention the horrible ""Force"" the Jews who arrived to Israel Received from the locals up to that point! but I don't want to play the old martyr game that everybody likes to play).

The Palestinian refugees, those who were forced off their land and fled to neighboring countries, have no Right of Return according to the Zionists (don't think returning is even an issue at this point, but they are more then welcome to accept peace and move in as Israeli citizens as a lot of them have all ready done).

Many of those who now live on stolen land in Israel and who claim it is their country had never set foot in the place before making aliyah (true).

They could go back to whatever country they came from but it's not going to happen. The Israelis are trying to get rid of the Palestinians who are still in Palestine so the Israelis are hardly going to allow any of the refugees back now are they(absolute rubbish!) !! That is why, despite agreements etc, to the contrary, they are still building illegal settlements(seeing as the land is taken over and is Israel now I do not see what is illegal), to make it impossible for it to happen and to make Israel into an almost exclusively Jewish state(yes its called building a home).

I hope that's made it a bit simpler for you to understand(it did thanks)

Why don't Egypt want to take the Palestinians in, do you have an answer to that as I asked you in my other post ? Today 15:40

and about Egypt I have no idea as it would solve the current crisis, that was why I was asking you.

you need to understand that the Jews as you called them cant go back to where ever they came from because most those places are full of people with the same frame of mind as you (anti-jewish, ***will explain in a minute what I mean), and if they go back the simple fact will be that they will be killed or picked on or just have problems integrating. so sadly that's not an option.
    Thanks for the link. This is why I believe that Israel do not want peace at this time. They would have to make concessions, dismantle the illegal(who said it is illegal?) settlements and stop stealing land as per the various agreements they have already been party to.

I Agree completely. now explain to me why is Israel the only one willing to make concessions for peace..? I can give you a long list of of concessions Israel has done.
    would the Palestinians do the same? Give me ONE example of a concessions that the Palestinians did, or are willing to do for peace..?!

none..! that is because they are not interested in peace, they just want ""their country back". there for they are ""content"" with war!

so you have two side A and B... one side has no where to go and is happy with war and feels its been robed and is not strong enough to do anything about it.

the other side wants peace as they have what they wanted and will not sit quietly while the other side just stings (kills) at it.

nither side have where to go so really you are just left with a choice just like in football to like either A or B as they both don't have a choice.

***and you (see reference before) just chose option A as it suits you in some way better then B.

I am really sort of done with the thread, as I am pretty sure I wont change your mind, and that you probably never been to Israel nor the Gaza strip.

(but hopfully have given some insite)

and about Egypt I have no idea as it would solve the current crisis, that was why I was asking you.

If Israel took all the Palestinian they kicked out in, it would have the same result. Now ask yourself, why Israel doesn't do that? Also, ask why they were kicked out in the first place?
    you need to understand that the Jews as you called them cant go back to where ever they came from because most those places are full of people with the same frame of mind as you (anti-jewish, ***will explain in a minute what I mean), and if they go back the simple fact will be that they will be killed or picked on or just have problems integrating. so sadly that's not an option.

**EDIT - Misunderstood your point here**

How does oppression of Jews justify what was done and being done to the Palestinians exactly? 2 wrongs don't make a right.
    I Agree completely. now explain to me why is Israel the only one willing to make concessions for peace..? I can give you a long list of of concessions Israel has done.

You have to be joking. Just earlier a few posts above, there is a news story of Israel stealing more land. Israel is hardly making concessions. During Oslo, Israels colonies doubled.

Also, what exactly can the Palestinians offer? To give up even more of there land? They already had most of it stolen from them.
    would the Palestinians do the same? Give me ONE example of a concessions that the Palestinians did, or are willing to do for peace..?!

none..! that is because they are not interested in peace, they just want ""their country back". there for they are ""content"" with war!

Israel, has continually stolen land, so to suggest they want peace as well is laughable.
    so you have two side A and B... one side has no where to go and is happy with war and feels its been robed and is not strong enough to do anything about it.

the other side wants peace as they have what they wanted and will not sit quietly while the other side just stings (kills) at it.

Israel is constantly stealing Palestinian land and kills plenty of Palestinians. Pretending aggression is one sided is ridiculous.

Also, if Israel wants peace, why are they stealing more land? You seem to want to forget that. It is a land conflict, taking more land is hardly a peace gesture.
    nither side have where to go so really you are just left with a choice just like in football to like either A or B as they both don't have a choice.

***and you (see reference before) just chose option A as it suits you in some way better then B.

There are more than 2 choices. You see 2 choices. Other people can probably come up with a few more.
    I am really sort of done with the thread, as I am pretty sure I wont change your mind, and that you probably never been to Israel nor the Gaza strip.

(but hopfully have given some insite)

So only people who have visited the place can comment then? Would you say the same thing about a thread about the US or Russia?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

I don't have a problem at all but I'm sorry if my post was not clear to you.
    The Palestinians lived in Palestine, most of which has been taken over by Israel . The Palestinians were forced to flee from this country of theirs when the Israelis, the majority of whom came from other countries, started using force against them.

I personally don’t give a damn one way or the other who’s land it is , or who gets it. But who’s land it is depends on how far you go back really….

The land of israel , known in Hebrew as Eretz Yisrael, has been sacred to the jewish people since biblical times. According to the Torah , the Land of Israel was promised to the three Patriarchs of the Jewish people, by God, as their homeland; scholars have placed this period in the early 2nd millennium BC . According to the traditional view, around the 11th century BC, the first of a series of Israelite Kingdoms and states established rule over the region ; these Israelite kingdoms and states ruled intermittently for the following one thousand years. The sites holiest to Judaism are located within Israel.Between the time of the Israelite kingdoms and the 7th-century muslim conquests , the Land of Israel fell under Assyrian ,Babylon, Persian, Greek, Roman, Sassanian , and Byzantine rule. Jewish presence in the region dwindled after the failure of the bar kokhba revolt against the Roman Empire in 132 CE and the resultant large-scale expulsion of Jews. In 628/9, theByzantine Emperor Heraclius conducted a massacre and expulsion of the jews, at which point the Jewish population probably reached its lowest point. Nevertheless, a continuous Jewish presence in the Land of Israel Judea Galilee , the Mishnah and part of the Talmud , among Judaism’s most important religious texts, were composed in Israel during this period. The Land of Israel was captured from the Byzantine Empire around 636 CE during the initial Muslim conquests. Control of the region transferred between the Umayyads,Abbasids, and crusaders over the next six centuries, before falling in the hands of the Mamluk Sultanate, in 1260. In 1516, the Land of Israel became a part of the Ottoman Empire ,which ruled the region until the 20th century remained.

And if GOD says it belongs to the Jews who am I to argue with him. He should know , he made the bloody (
    no pun intended)thing.
    ps:no i'am not jewish
    pps:anyone can find this out on the net,begorrah is'nt wikipedia just great

• Advertisement

If Israel took all the Palestinian they kicked out in, it would have the same result. Now ask yourself, why Israel doesn't do that? Also, ask why they were kicked out in the first place?

they weren't kicked out they run. please read your history! those thousands that did stay (amazingly seeing as you claim that Israel kick them out) are now all Israeli citizens with full rights. (they have there own ministers and parties in the government )
    and Israel wont take them as they are not ready to join Israel and see it as an enemy.
    **EDIT - Misunderstood your point here**

How does oppression of Jews justify what was done and being done to the Palestinians exactly? 2 wrongs don't make a right.

I never said 2 wrongs make a right. I was just explaining to paulaa why Israelis cant leave Israel.
    You have to be joking. Just earlier a few posts above, there is a news story of Israel stealing more land. Israel is hardly making concessions. During Oslo, Israel's colonies doubled.

Again Israel does not see it as stealing as it feels that the land belongs to it. and you really really must be joking when you say what concessions have Israel done! (there was all most a civil war in Israel because the extreme concession which where done in Israel) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9ItnbkgHZk&feature=related
    where you can see Israelis trying to evacuate Israeli people from there home just for ""peace"" and after that they withdraw completely from GAZA and even gave them Millions in support to set up a Democratical system and even weapons for the police which are today used to fire at Israel.
    also Israel Gives Free electricity and water to Gaza and let thousands come in to work in Israel every day... and I can go on and on..!
    So please spear me with your miss information or lack of knowledge!
    Also, what exactly can the Palestinians offer? To give up even more of there land? They already had most of it stolen from them.

well Firstly they can stand up to the Hamans which is an extremist organization which actually kill more Palestine's then Israel. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1M4eH9Kk7I
    (not made by Jews and not for Jews.)
    Israel, has continually stolen land, so to suggest they want peace as well is laughable.

Wont even comment on that as you have obviously never met any Israelis.
    Israel is constantly stealing Palestinian land and kills plenty of Palestinians. Pretending aggression is one sided is ridiculous.

Also, if Israel wants peace, why are they stealing more land? You seem to want to forget that. It is a land conflict, taking more land is hardly a peace gesture.

I never said aggression is one sided. and again Israel does not see it as stealing.
    So only people who have visited the place can comment then? Would you say the same thing about a thread about the US or Russia?

I am sure you know many more Americans and Russians then Israeli or Palestinians. and I'm sure you can find America and Russia easier on the map.

for instance I know nothing about the Russian chechnin problem or the recent Russian war as I have never been there and know all most nothing about it except what I see in the news. and sadly news these days are Rubbish.
    an example I thought that Russia attacked Georgia for no reason but to take land and I though Russia was horrible to do that. only much later I heard that there has been a long conflict and it is acutely the Georgians that attacked first (not from big main stream news). which makes you understand that when you know nothing about the area what they report is what is true (just like history).

Advertisement