Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 Israeli = 155 Palestinians

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭bobbyjoe

ldl1949 wrote: »
    Do I really need to tell what human beings are like...

actually if you ask me Israel is too busy acting like human being (on the one side), instead of trying to solve the problem.

they kiss of one side and punch the other.

but that is caused because there is half the country that wants peace and think it is possible and half the country that believe there will never be peace as Palestine will never rest until they get Israel back, so they might as well live by keeping the Palestinians in tight control.

again Ide like to point out how I enjoy the fact that some of you seem to have a one sided glass that shows only Israel... did you ever stop to think wait maybe there is a reason why they are doing all this... because I know why the Palestinians are doing what they do.

You ask why Israel should allow anything into Palestine. I just pointed out that it would be the humanitarian thing to do. No need for the assumptions also some people can see both sides to the story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Ironbars

Do I really need to tell what human beings are like...

actually if you ask me Israel is too busy acting like human being (on the one side), instead of trying to solve the problem.

they kiss of one side and punch the other.

but that is caused because there is half the country that wants peace and think it is possible and half the country that believe there will never be peace as Palestine will never rest until they get Israel back, so they might as well live by keeping the Palestinians in tight control.

again Ide like to point out how I enjoy the fact that some of you seem to have a one sided glass that shows only Israel... did you ever stop to think wait maybe there is a reason why they are doing all this... because I know why the Palestinians are doing what they do.
    Ive seen posts like this all over the web, uncaring and insensitive to moral and ethical behaviour which is lacking from the Isreali present and past campaigns.
    It is not ignorance but a concerted effert to drown the real problems in a mud of nonsense.....
    Avoid answering the relevant questions is the only answer to the accusations that the Isreal have been commiting ethnic cleansing and will continue while the world ignore the faith/fate of the palestinians.

You will never persuade me that Isreal is within its rights to murder and maim at its leasure and I will not be swayed by the media blitz and propoganda spread by zionists.

I/we will not put up with it young man and we/people of my mind are increasing with every day. The truth of isreals motives cannot be hidden from the world forever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 ldl1949

wes wrote: »
    The children in the Gaza strip are not firing rockets firstly, but Israel decided to punish them as well.

I don't usually answer you as you are a fanatic like the person that commented right before me... (i.e:
    You will never persuade me that Isreal is within its rights to murder and maim at its leasure and I will not be swayed by the media blitz and propaganda spread by zionists.

I/we will not put up with it young man and we/people of my mind are increasing with every day. The truth of isreals motives cannot be hidden from the world forever.
    )

but that was so ridicules that I just have to:

the children in Israel didn't do anything bad as well that they deserve rockets fired at them every day.

Ironbars there is crazy propaganda is on both sides, and as you can see by your own fanatic response the Palestinian side are doing a much better job at it. and don't worry I'm Not trying to convince you of nothing, and people like you are exactly the reason Israel has (and apparently need) such a power full army (sadly).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

What reason does Israel have to stop groups giving the people of Gaza aid? Soap, toilet paper, food... what political or military reason does Israel have to refuse the people of Gaza aid, aid that isn't even being provided by Israel themselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

I don't usually answer you as you are a fanatic like the person that commented right before me... (i.e:)

How exactly am I a fanatic? I am not colonizing other peoples land, I am just condemning it.

I am not calling for rockets to be fired, (i have already condemned Hamas for this).

but that was so ridicules that I just have to:

the children in Israel didn't do anything bad as well that they deserve rockets fired at them every day.

Of course they don't deserve it either. The rocket fire should stop immediately and there is no excuse for it, just like there is no excuse for Israels siege.

Still, the simple fact remains, the children in Gaza are not firing rockets, but they still suffer. If its wrong for Israeli children to suffer, then the same should apply to Palestinian children as well imho. What Israel is doing is an act of state terrorism, as it punished every single person in Gaza and is not self defence.
    Ironbars there is crazy propaganda is on both sides, and as you can see by your own fanatic response the Palestinian side are doing a much better job at it. and don't worry I'm Not trying to convince you of nothing, and people like you are exactly the reason Israel has (and apparently need) such a power full army (sadly).

Israel are the ones with a lot more money and far more resources, so I find it hard to believe that the Palestinians can match there level of propoganda.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 ldl1949

Otacon wrote: »
    What reason does Israel have to stop groups giving the people of Gaza aid? Soap, toilet paper, food... what political or military reason does Israel have to refuse the people of Gaza aid, aid that isn't even being provided by Israel themselves?

for the very simple and proven (I have seen it) fact that those shipment will and do contain weapons.
    Israel are the ones with a lot more money and far more resources, so I find it hard to believe that the Palestinians can match there level of propoganda.

its easier to favor the so called weaker side. especially when you don't understand that that side is more then happy to sacrifice it self in order to get the media and world support. that's is part of the way terrorists fight... because they fight from civilian area, and they get the best of both worlds.

if Israel doesn't fire back then great they get to freely attack and get what they wanted. and if Israel does fire back then its surely going to hit civilians (of which some where took part willingly and some unwillingly), in which case they make the other side look like all that you like to describe.

Otacon wrote: »
    1. Palestinians are not their enemy.

Who is their enemy then? Seriously.
    2. The nations of the world won't (read: shouldn't) stand by while Israel continues to place sanctions on Gaza, an area that needs all the aid it can get.

They shouldn't but its unlikely that they'll do anything serious to force Israel to go beyond what they're currently doing. Limited opening of the checkpoints is all that probable unless Israel receives something major in return. (Not that i don't think Israel wouldn't close the checkpoints again on a moments notice without any cause whatsoever)
    3. Israel are blocking soap and toilet paper. Read again, SOAP and TOILET PAPER! What is the point in denying people these things?

I doubt they're considering too much what they're blocking. They're just blocking everything except what they're being forced to let through. They'd be blocking everything from going in if they could.

Ironbars wrote: »

What are you doing about it, beyond posting to boards? I assume you're boycotting Israeli goods, but have you committed yourself to something more? Oh, and who is "we"?

And the truth isn't being hidden, its there for the world to see... Its just that sometimes something more than the truth is needed.

With the use of the internet and mass communication there doesn't need to be a massive requirement for resources. The Media of most countries flock to Palestine to report the grisly details to their countries, and Palestinians have plenty of access to them. Add in the thousands upon thousands of people around the world who protest against Israel, there exists a massive base of reference for propaganda to be built on.

The simple fact is that for the last 60+ years both sides have been broadly shouting their propaganda to the world. So much so that its difficult to find an unbiased resource regarding the history of the region anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

for the very simple and proven (I have seen it) fact that those shipment will and do contain weapons.

You have seen it? Wow, that's enough proof for me so. Let the Palestinian's starve so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭paulaa

ldl1949, You seem to be under the illusion that all those trucks waiting at the crossing points in Israel is aid from Israel. Israel is giving nothing to Gaza except White Phosporous bombs and F16s.

Tell me, the people of the West Bank are not firing rockets every day and what do they get for this ? NOTHING except abuse, humiliation, their homes demolished, their land and natural resources stolen, more and more settlements, The Wall, 600 checkpoints etc, etc.

They have been locked up for the last 3 days because the Israeli's closed all the checkpoints so that they could celebrate Purim. This meant that the Palestinians could not travel, work and were virtual prisoners.

A current example
    The director of a human rights organisation , Shawan Jabarin, has been banned from travelling from the West Bank to the Netherlands to receive the Geuzenpenning human rights award for his and his group's work. Instead he will receive it by video, despite intervention by the Dutch.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090305/wl_mideast_afp/mideastconflictngorightsnetherlands_20090305182631

How would any of that (tip of the iceberg) encourage Hamas to believe that Israel is serious about wanting peace ?

When Hamas were elected in Gaza, they said they would accept a 2-state solution, thereby inferring that they would recoginse Israel. What did they get ? Israel lobbying to have the world not recognise them as the democratically elected government of Gaza and a crippling and inhuman siege and sanctions for 2 years, followed by almost total destruction of infrastructure and huge loss of life in the 22 day attack by Israel.

The basic fact is that Israel do not want peace atm nor a 2 state solution. They want an exclusively Jewish state, with the Palestinians shipped off to Jordan and Egypt, anywhere, as long as Israel can take over completely, what's left of Palestine.

With the use of the internet and mass communication there doesn't need to be a massive requirement for resources. The Media of most countries flock to Palestine to report the grisly details to their countries, and Palestinians have plenty of access to them. Add in the thousands upon thousands of people around the world who protest against Israel, there exists a massive base of reference for propaganda to be built on.

Sure, they can get there message out, but compare that to Israel being able to get people on most news channels to get there side of the story out. During the recent conflict, Israeli spokes people were on TV telling there side and we didn't see half as many Palestinians spokes people.

Also, Israel has every thing the Palestinians have and they have a whole bunch of money as well. There resources are far superior to what the Palestinians have.
    The simple fact is that for the last 60+ years both sides have been broadly shouting their propaganda to the world. So much so that its difficult to find an unbiased resource regarding the history of the region anymore.

Oh, sure both side have been using propaganda, but the Israeli's have the superior resources in this regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Ironbars wrote: »
    Ive seen posts like this all over the web, uncaring and insensitive to moral and ethical behaviour which is lacking from the Isreali present and past campaigns.
    It is not ignorance but a concerted effert to drown the real problems in a mud of nonsense.....
    Avoid answering the relevant questions is the only answer to the accusations that the Isreal have been commiting ethnic cleansing and will continue while the world ignore the faith/fate of the palestinians.

You will never persuade me that Isreal is within its rights to murder and maim at its leasure and I will not be swayed by the media blitz and propoganda spread by zionists.

Israel will do what it considers best when it comes to keeping the state and people of Israel secure and your opinion (and those of your ilk) of its actions will count for nothing in those considerations.

Israel will do what it considers best when it comes to keeping the state and people of Israel secure and your opinion (and those of your ilk) of its actions will count for nothing in those considerations.

I find it odd then that Israel goes to so much trouble trying to convince people, that they are in the right. I saw Mark Regev on several TV channels trying to convince the world that the massacres in Gaza was justified. You see Israel does care, otherwise why would they waste so much time trying to convince people of there absurd position?

Sure, they can get there message out, but compare that to Israel being able to get people on most news channels to get there side of the story out.

Do a search on any search engine on the internet about Israel and you will find hundreds if not thousands of articles written about Israeli military excesses in Palestine, Lebanon etc. There is never any shortage of articles and reference material being posted on boards like these to show Israeli aggressions. There is never any shortage of reports of transgressions against the Palestinians.
    During the recent conflict, Israeli spokes people were on TV telling there side and we didn't see half as many Palestinians spokes people.

And yet on every tv, radio and show there were people talking about the extremist methods used by the Israeli military. There were video's of the artillery and bombing runs. The media stations highlighted the strength of the Israeli attacks, and experts in studio's repeatedly spoke about how much overkill was being brought to bear.
    Also, Israel has every thing the Palestinians have and they have a whole bunch of money as well. There resources are far superior to what the Palestinians have.

Their resources aren't quite so high beyond the aid they receive from the Americans. But think of this. Israel uses a modern military. Planes used extreme amounts of fuel which costs money, especially considering the fact that most Arab nations dislike Israel, and up the prices. Their military fired thousands of Ordnance which needs to be paid for. Their military needs to be paid wages, and the families of dead soldiers need to be looked after.

And that is only talking about some of the costs of a modern military, nevermind the running of the rest of the country. By the time they have paid for everything, i doubt they have much money to be spending on controlling the media.
    Oh, sure both side have been using propaganda, but the Israeli's have the superior resources in this regard.

You say sure, but already you dismiss it, and go back to excusing the Palestinians propaganda.

The simple fact is that these days, it doesn't take much money to put your message out there. The Internet does most of it already for them, as do people on boards like these, and the media searches the internet regularly for information, just like the rest of us.

I find it odd then that Israel goes to so much trouble trying to convince people, that they are in the right. I saw Mark Regev on several TV channels trying to convince the world that the massacres in Gaza was justified. You see Israel does care, otherwise why would they waste so much time trying to convince people of there absurd position?

They care only in so much as they want to reassure their own people in Israel (who check foreign news) and Jewish support in other countries. Some Jews will truely believe that the world doesn't understand what they are going through, and frankly they're probably right. I'm not justifying Israeli actions by saying that. I'm just saying that the only people who really have any idea of whats really happening are the people in the region having to live with it.

For the most part, I don't think Israel cares. Otherwise the would have caved in long ago...

Of course they care Wes. They care about being dragged to the International Courts as war criminals, that's why they are spinning the war on Gaza as "defence" and there "is no humanitarian crisis" (Livni) and frantically destroying all records of those involved in the slaughter.

They care because they might not receive their $3 billion welfare cheque and loan guarantees etc from the US if the US citizens were informed about what their tax dollars are really being spent on. Hence the Hasbara flurry for the last few months and the talking from both sides of their mouth to Hiliary Clinton about wanting peace.

They care alright but still do as they wish to the Palestinians.

By the time they have paid for everything, i doubt they have much money to be spending on controlling the media.

The simple fact is that these days, it doesn't take much money to put your message out there. The Internet does most of it already for them, as do people on boards like these, and the media searches the internet regularly for information, just like the rest of us.

You're right about the internet klaz, it doesn't cost them much, but it's certainly organized by the Israeli foreign ministry.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2009/jan/09/israel-foreign-ministry-media?commentpage=1

paulaa wrote: »
    You're right about the internet klaz, it doesn't cost them much, but it's certainly organized by the Israeli foreign ministry.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2009/jan/09/israel-foreign-ministry-media?commentpage=1

Which is an indication of Israeli presence on the Internet and the media, but you'd be blind to not see Palestinian influence all over the place too...

Which is an indication of Israeli presence on the Internet and the media, but you'd be blind to not see Palestinian influence all over the place too...

It's only in the last 2 or 3 years that I've seen blogs etc directly from Palestinians. Up to that it was mostly reports from Human Rights groups, the Red Cross and the UN that were highlighting the plight of the Palestinians.

This has been going on for the last 60 years and this war on Gaza has really opened people's eyes to the injustices that Israel is perpetrating on a daily basis.
    Until Al Jazaaera and Press TV started broadcasting the "other side" of the news, Israel had a clear advantage in the propaganda stakes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Ironbars

I knew my diatribe would bring them out........ and you couldnt have said it better.

Isreal does not care what civilized people think about its actions in Palestine, thats why they murder woman and children without any remorse.

Nobody can excuse this that is why the apologists do everything in thier power to avoid answering the obvious questions.

Why are you murdering these people?
    Why are you destroying their homes?
    Why are you refusing the survivors aid?

Do a search on any search engine on the internet about Israel and you will find hundreds if not thousands of articles written about Israeli military excesses in Palestine, Lebanon etc. There is never any shortage of articles and reference material being posted on boards like these to show Israeli aggressions. There is never any shortage of reports of transgressions against the Palestinians.

The existence of these articles on there own don't really mean anything. You would first have to show that Palestinians are the ones who have gotten these articles created in the first place.

A report from a Human Rights organization etc is hardly propoganda from the Palestinians. Reports from the BBC etc again is hardly something that is due to the Palestinians.

You over estimate there ability to influence the media etc.
    And yet on every tv, radio and show there were people talking about the extremist methods used by the Israeli military. There were video's of the artillery and bombing runs. The media stations highlighted the strength of the Israeli attacks, and experts in studio's repeatedly spoke about how much overkill was being brought to bear.

Again, this is not evidence of Palestinian propoganda. There not the ones saying this.

On the other hand you have Israeli officials all over the news, which is a direct actions from there government.
    Their resources aren't quite so high beyond the aid they receive from the Americans. But think of this. Israel uses a modern military. Planes used extreme amounts of fuel which costs money, especially considering the fact that most Arab nations dislike Israel, and up the prices. Their military fired thousands of Ordnance which needs to be paid for. Their military needs to be paid wages, and the families of dead soldiers need to be looked after.

The US supports them to the tune of billions, they have plenty of money left over to spend on propoganda.
    And that is only talking about some of the costs of a modern military, nevermind the running of the rest of the country. By the time they have paid for everything, i doubt they have much money to be spending on controlling the media.

Who said they are controlling the media?

Also, look at the Palestinians. They don't even have a fraction of the resources the Israelis have. There is no parity between the 2 sides. The Palestinians, simple can not match Israel resources.
    You say sure, but already you dismiss it, and go back to excusing the Palestinians propaganda.

What propoganda? You seem to think anything that is Pro-Palestinains is propoganda. You just mention articles and experts and because they they are condemning Israel, it must be propoganda. Which is a huge stretch.

I am not saying it does not exist, but I still think it laughable that people think they can match the Israeli's in this regard. They simply don't have the resources.

It does take money to get your message out there. The Internet isn't free. It costs a lot of money to run web sites etc. Also, you have yet to provide any kind of link between all these resources and the Palestinians. You just assume anything that is pro-Palestinians or Israeli is immediately propaganda, which is ridiculous.

They care only in so much as they want to reassure their own people in Israel (who check foreign news) and Jewish support in other countries. Some Jews will truely believe that the world doesn't understand what they are going through, and frankly they're probably right. I'm not justifying Israeli actions by saying that. I'm just saying that the only people who really have any idea of whats really happening are the people in the region having to live with it.

If they were only looking to reassure Jewish opinion abroad, they could use community organizations.

The fact they go on national TV, suggests to me they are trying to ge the world to think there in the right. Israel wants the world to see it as a modern European state fighting the "barbarian" eastern peoples.
    For the most part, I don't think Israel cares. Otherwise the would have caved in long ago...

No, they actually believe there doing the right thing, hence why they continue to do so.

It's only in the last 2 or 3 years that I've seen blogs etc directly from Palestinians.

I'd say more like 5 years, and I've being seeing blogs from both sides all of that time. Add in the blogs of Jews & Arabs living outside of the region directly commenting on the conflict which have been around for close on a decade. I wouldn't say that Israeli people had much of a head start over Arabs in the area of Blogs.

As for other formats on the net, again I'd say its pretty equal. Perhaps Israeli's come out ahead, but the amount of material coming from Arab nations other than Palestine more than makes up for it.
    Up to that it was mostly reports from Human Rights groups, the Red Cross and the UN that were highlighting the plight of the Palestinians.

True, since Blogs have only been treated with something close to respect in the last 5 years. Before that, they were dismissed as being unreliable in the extreme.
    This has been going on for the last 60 years and this war on Gaza has really opened people's eyes to the injustices that Israel is perpetrating on a daily basis.

Peoples eyes were opened before that. Its just that after some time they close their eyes again for a break, and then open them again later. Unless people have a direct personal connection with the conflict, their interest for the most part goes up and down.
    Until Al Jazaaera and Press TV started broadcasting the "other side" of the news, Israel had a clear advantage in the propaganda stakes.

Agreed. Al Jazaaera & Press TV can air just as much propaganda as Israeli mkedia does. And they do.

Are you suggesting that prior to their (Al Jazaaera and Press TV) creation the media across the world failed to report what was happening in the region?

The existence of these articles on there own don't really mean anything. You would first have to show that Palestinians are the ones who have gotten these articles created in the first place.

Ahh.. I see. so this is only about the Palestinians people themselves reporting, rather than all the other Arabs in the M.East?
    A report from a Human Rights organization etc is hardly propoganda from the Palestinians. Reports from the BBC etc again is hardly something that is due to the Palestinians.

Human Rights and the BBC rely on observers and reports from witnesses at the scenes of incidents. many of these will be Palestinian spokespersons, just as in the cases of attacks on israel, many will be Israeli spokespersons.
    You over estimate there ability to influence the media etc.

And you underestimate them. You seem to be only willing to consider direct influence like the releasing of statements. But what about the filtering of information released to exterrnal organisations, and the restriction of the movements of reporters to certain areas? Its no different to what israeli military does.
    Again, this is not evidence of Palestinian propoganda. There not the ones saying this.

No, but it does show that the actions of Israel in Palestine and in the region overall have been shown by the media.
    On the other hand you have Israeli officials all over the news, which is a direct actions from there government.

And you have the media showing palestinians explaining how their homes were attacked. Its no different than having Israeli officials speaking. They're both promoting a message to the world.
    The US supports them to the tune of billions, they have plenty of money left over to spend on propoganda.

can you prove this? The reason I ask is that it seems a regular excuse to say that israel has so much money, and they can spend on whatever they like. And yet, their economy isn't booming, and their people don't live like kings.
    Who said they are controlling the media?

Oh, come on... You don't think thats what the previous posts suggest?
    Also, look at the Palestinians. They don't even have a fraction of the resources the Israelis have. There is no parity between the 2 sides. The Palestinians, simple can not match Israel resources.

I never said they could. I said they didn't need to when it comes to the media, and getting their message out there.
    What propoganda? You seem to think anything that is Pro-Palestinains is propoganda. You just mention articles and experts and because they they are condemning Israel, it must be propoganda. Which is a huge stretch.

Anything? nope. I don't consider independent reporting of the conflict by the media to be propaganda. I do however consider the influence over the media by both Palestinians and Israeli's over where they might film, and report being a part of propaganda.

You're the one making this stretch. I've applied my feelings towards propaganda to both sides. You haven't.
    It does take money to get your message out there. The Internet isn't free. It costs a lot of money to run web sites etc. Also, you have yet to provide any kind of link between all these resources and the Palestinians. You just assume anything that is pro-Palestinians or Israeli is immediately propaganda, which is ridiculous.

I worked for 7 years for a web hosting and web design company. I know how much a server costs in various countries, and what you can get for free from the internet. It costs very little to get a domain name, and hosting. Web design is a doddle to learn, and web marketing can be very cheap if you're willing to spend some time & patience at it. All you need is a subject that people like to search for... like... hmm... Palestine, Israeli-Palestinian Conflict, etc.

No, you're the one making assumptions. I've said that there is a lot of websites & information out there that is extremely biased. Are you telling me that you disagree with that?

If they were only looking to reassure Jewish opinion abroad, they could use community organizations.

The fact they go on national TV, suggests to me they are trying to ge the world to think there in the right. Israel wants the world to see it as a modern European state fighting the "barbarian" eastern peoples.

Despite being located in the M.East, they consider themselves to be a western society, and western society follows certain forms. Look at the US for instance. Despite their use of torture in G.Bay they consistently used the media regardless to justify their stance. Same with finding Bin Laden, the failure to find WMD's in iraq etc.

Its a western thing. They see legitimacy in using the media to promote a certain message to their people.

Ahh.. I see. so this is only about the Palestinians people themselves reporting, rather than all the other Arabs in the M.East?

So, then is there a concerted campaign from the other Arab states then?
    Human Rights and the BBC rely on observers and reports from witnesses at the scenes of incidents. many of these will be Palestinian spokespersons, just as in the cases of attacks on israel, many will be Israeli spokespersons.

They actually have people on the ground a lot of the time. They actually go out and investigate things.
    And you underestimate them. You seem to be only willing to consider direct influence like the releasing of statements. But what about the filtering of information released to exterrnal organisations, and the restriction of the movements of reporters to certain areas? Its no different to what israeli military does.

Reporters can say that there movements have been restricted. They can tell us where there information is coming from. Take the recent conflict, we knew that Israel was not allowing reporters into the strip and they told us.
    No, but it does show that the actions of Israel in Palestine and in the region overall have been shown by the media.

Fair enough.
    And you have the media showing palestinians explaining how their homes were attacked. Its no different than having Israeli officials speaking. They're both promoting a message to the world.

An Israeli spokes person is a mouth piece for the government, which is very different to a Palestinian talking about there home being destroyed.

Now, someone from Sderot, who had there homes wrecked by a rockets, would be equivalent to the Palestinian, in your example.
    can you prove this? The reason I ask is that it seems a regular excuse to say that israel has so much money, and they can spend on whatever they like. And yet, their economy isn't booming, and their people don't live like kings.

Are you being serious? Compare the GDP between the Palestinians and Israelis and I think you will see a huge different between the 2. Firstly there is a clear difference in the amount of money each has avaliable in general. As for Israel economy, there actually doing quite well:

Israel's economy outperforms

They have plenty of money and billions from the US as well. So your suggestion that there economy is not doing so well is a stretch. Sure, right now there in reccession like everyone else, but before the global crisis, they were doing very well for themselves as you can see from the above link.
    Oh, come on... You don't think thats what the previous posts suggest?

No, simple put, because no one here has actually said that.
    I never said they could. I said they didn't need to when it comes to the media, and getting their message out there.

The individual who had there home destroyed is hardly thinking about propoganda, probably pissed of there home has been destroyed. I think people are smart enough to realize, this person is going to be annoyed about this.

There is a world of difference between having an Israeli spokes person in the studio and some poor guy who just lost there home. There is no parity between the 2.

The resources do matter. Being able to send people to send a consistent message accross the several channles is not the same as reporters interviewing Palestinians.
    Anything? nope. I don't consider independent reporting of the conflict by the media to be propaganda. I do however consider the influence over the media by both Palestinians and Israeli's over where they might film, and report being a part of propaganda.

How exactly? When, Channel 4 were reporting on the conflict, they told us they were able to go where they wanted etc. The media is more than capable of telling us, that they had handlers etc.

Still, I never said the Palestinians don't do propogands, just that they can't match Israels resources.
    You're the one making this stretch. I've applied my feelings towards propaganda to both sides. You haven't.

All I have said, is that the Palestinians, have no where near the same resources the Israelis have for propoganda. I know they have there propoganda as well, but to try and present both sides as some how being the same in this regards, is inaccurate in my opinion. The simple fact is that the Palestinians, do not have the same resources when it comes to propoganda.
    I worked for 7 years for a web hosting and web design company. I know how much a server costs in various countries, and what you can get for free from the internet. It costs very little to get a domain name, and hosting. Web design is a doddle to learn, and web marketing can be very cheap if you're willing to spend some time & patience at it. All you need is a subject that people like to search for... like... hmm... Palestine, Israeli-Palestinian Conflict, etc.

How many people actually do that? Do you really think the average person is that bothered half the time.
    No, you're the one making assumptions. I've said that there is a lot of websites & information out there that is extremely biased. Are you telling me that you disagree with that?

Lots of biased web sites, sure they exist. Do people visit them? Whats there memberships like? What technology do they use?

Lets take a look at one such Israeli site:
    http://giyus.org/

Now as you can see from the site, they have some nice handy software to alert people to any negative articles about Israeli. You see these guys have the resources to make this software, which is really helpful to there cause.

Now lets look at a Palestinian one:
    http://electronicintifada.net/

Now its a nice web site, well designed etc, but it doesn't have the handy software that tells you about negative storys about Palestine, right to your desktop. So boths sides are propoganda, but one seems to have more resources and can use this to greater effect to get there message accross.

Despite being located in the M.East, they consider themselves to be a western society, and western society follows certain forms. Look at the US for instance. Despite their use of torture in G.Bay they consistently used the media regardless to justify their stance. Same with finding Bin Laden, the failure to find WMD's in iraq etc.

Its a western thing. They see legitimacy in using the media to promote a certain message to their people.

Sure, if they stuck to there own media you would be right, but they go on the world stage and try and justify themselves, so on some level they do care, otherwise, they wouldn't bother with foreign media.

For Nodin,
    Further to our chat about Barghouti the other day, I can across this article about him tonight in Haaretz

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1070733.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

For Nodin,
    Further to our chat about Barghouti the other day, I can across this article about him tonight in Haaretz

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1070733.html

Ty.

Advertisement