Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 Israeli = 155 Palestinians

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

If Iran gets involved, then the US will get involved. And then you will see a real war.

Jesus tbh. Youre hoping for escalation of the conflict with additional firepower being thrown around? And additional human suffering?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

1 cannister

You're seriously telling me that you think that explosion was caused by one or two cannisters of propane?! Compared to the bomb which initially was dropped, that would have to have been one puny bomb.
    Your 2nd point: I was watching sky news earlier, although heavily censored, showed cluster bombs being fired and dropped on a village, not much guidance there.....

I did say 'majority.' Sometimes you just need a cluster bomb to do the job.

NTM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I don't want to see Iran involved - It would give the US an excuse to wipe them off the map. Israel should stand down, Hamas should stand down - the UN should re-evaluate the political mess and give an unbiased offer for a realistic 2-state solution to the area. Independant UN monitors should monitory Israeli or Palestinian aggression.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭patser grey

You're seriously telling me that you think that explosion was caused by one or two cannisters of propane?! Compared to the bomb which initially was dropped, that would have to have been one puny bomb.

I did say 'majority.' Sometimes you just need a cluster bomb to do the job.

NTM
    Gas canisters can be dangerous

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P1-75019629.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7536562.stm

and by the way the video your talking about was from a heat sensor camera if I'm not mistaken, how do you go about comparing force from a heat sensor?

Sometimes you just need a cluster bomb to do the job........, you are a fukkin moron.....

1401866329_42f7dd348e.jpg?v=0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Sand wrote: »
    If Iran gets involved, then the US will get involved. And then you will see a real war.

Jesus tbh. Youre hoping for escalation of the conflict with additional firepower being thrown around? And additional human suffering?

The Israeli people and their government are the Oliver Cromwell of the 21st century. What is so difficult about this issue to resolve??? Give these people their fu*king land back and somewhere that they can call their own and there will be no problem whatsoever. How the fu*k do you expect people to react when they are hemmed in with walls and security cordons that are in breach of international law and they don't even have water, food or electricity??? This is my point, the Jewish people were nearly persecuted off the face of the earth no more than 60 years ago and this is how they treat another race of people, nearly worse than their famous Austrian tormentor??? I hope Iran throws down the fu*king gauntlet to them and shows them up for the intransigent race of completely insecure and backward people that they are...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 lwellan dowd

I imagine the other 8000 rockets that were fired from Gaza on the Israeli civilians of Sderot over the past 3 year may also have had some bearing on the situation.

http://www.channel4.com/news/articles/ontv/unreported_world/gaza+reign+of+the+rockets/1822847

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Concerning Israel's videos, they have in the past made mistakes and told out and out lies about what is being seen in a video. So I will personally take what they say with a pinch of salt, at least until there is independent verification.

The 2 following articles are some past examples of this:

IDF admits Qassam was not transported in UN ambulance

Israel admits it lied over missile raid on camp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭The Saint

I'm sorry, would you rather I preface my primary input with a tangential 3,000 word essay outlining my views on the authority of United Nations resolutions versus the right of any individual to claim "ownership" of land? I think that's highly unnecessary to make my point.
    I don't think it's necessary since the UN repeatedly and the International Court of Justice in 2004 have already confirmed the status of the ownership of the land.

Darragh29 wrote: »
    Yeah saw that cluster bomb going off. I hope Iran get involved in this dispute, then we'll see the whole thing levelled up a bit and we'll see a REAL war!

Jesus. Get real for a minute. There's not a hope in hell Iran is going to get involved in this. While they might use Hamas and Hezbollah to take a swipe at Israel there's no way that they are ever going to engage in a conventional war with them. Iran have showed themselved to be quite pragmatic in their international relations. Iran as well as most Arab countries have shown absolute contempt to the Palestinians other than what serves their own interests. There will not be a wider war. All Arab states (22 members of the Arab League) have repeatedly offered Israel a comprehensive peace treaty based on international law. Israel, Iran and Hamas should cop on and take it (I think Iran has closetly accepted it from reports but I can't confirm it).

HAPPY NEW YEAR........

This is a video of new years day 2009 in Gaza......Please watch

PLEASE KEEP RE-POSTING THIS VIDEO

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 solarant

How many Palestinians protested when Bobby Sands was starving to death, how many Palestinians protested when bloody Friday occurred, I will tell you, zilch,zero,nada.

But the Palestinians danced in the streets when the Twin Towers came down on 9/11 and remember there was Irishmen in that same building.
    Also remember a Muslim would as soon cut your throat at the thought of a westerner (infidel) mentioning the name of Mohamed, not forgetting this saintly prophet was married to Aisha when she was six and was having sex with the child when she was nine and he was 53.

So protest all you want but if Dublin was bombed tomorrow ask yourself how many Americans or Israel's would be dancing in the streets.

solarant wrote: »
    How many Palestinians protested when Bobby Sands was starving to death, how many Palestinians protested when bloody Friday occurred, I will tell you, zilch,zero,nada.

But the Palestinians danced in the streets when the Twin Towers came down on 9/11 and remember there was Irishmen in that same building.
    Also remember a Muslim would as soon cut your throat at the thought of a westerner (infidel) mentioning the name of Mohamed, not forgetting this saintly prophet was married to Aisha when she was six and was having sex with the child when she was nine and he was 53.

So protest all you want but if Dublin was bombed tomorrow ask yourself how many Americans or Israel's would be dancing in the streets.

Good work buddy. Care to come back with anything substantive or less full of sh1t?

Link: http://www.leftturn.org/?q=node/333
    QUOTE:
    While the Palestinian flags on The Falls were put up in the aftermath of the Jenin massacre and other Israeli incursions into Palestinian territory, Irish solidarity with the Palestinian struggle goes back decades. The PLO helped to train Irish resistance fighters in their camps in Lebanon, and helped provide support for their struggle against the British Occupation. Irish solidarity murals back in the early 1980s showed an IRA fighter and a PLO fighter standing in front of their respective flags, holding one hand up clinching the same weapon, with the caption “One Struggle.”

In the north of Ireland respect, admiration, and support for the Palestinian struggle is among the strongest anywhere in the world. But the logical solidarity between these two struggles, which is needed now more than ever, has been lost in much of the Diaspora population. Many Irish-Americans support the Irish struggle for self-determination but then buy into the dominant ideologies of Zionism and anti-Arab racism.

The Saint wrote: »
    Good work buddy. Care to come back with anything substantive or less full of sh1t?

Couldnt have said it better myself......

IDF reporting 30 soldiers injured 2 seriously............
    Just added youtube video to my signature and its gone from youtube now, says removed by user?, I wonder?,it was only posted 20 mins before I watched it........... just as well I downloaded it before it vanished, I'll re-post it back and see who takes it down, maybe some censorship by youtube.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 solarant

Israel went into Gaza to obliterate Hamas and by doing so it will diminish Iran and it's terrorists affiliates Hezbollah.
    Hezbollah will not get involved as they know Israel will bomb Beirut into the stone age.

Right now crude oil is selling in the 40 dollar range, Iran needs at least 80 dollars a barrel to meet it's budget obligations with massive inflation and unemployment Iran cannot afford a war not to mention the youth of Iran is already restless and are demanding change, and the Israeli's know this.
    But with Hamas out of the way Hezbollah and Iran will be seen the only terrorists entities in the middle east and the Sunni Arab nations will want them dealt with asap.
    Iran is a threat to all Sunni states, they will start a nuclear arms race in the middle east but the USA will not allow that to happen, a dictatorial theocracy with nuclear capabilities is not what the world wants or needs.

So Israel has to dismantle Hamas and humble them in the eyes of other Arabs just as it did when they humbled Yassar Arafat in Lebanon and he and the PLO set up headquarters in Tunisia.
    Also for the misinformed there was never a country called Palestine, the Palestinians were part of Transjordan which was under the rule of the Ottoman empire.

Essential reading http://ethnikoi.org/iran.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

patser grey is banned for being a jerk.

Anyone else posts in an abusive manner and they will join him.

Gas canisters can be dangerous
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7536562.stm

They can indeed, though you will note that in the Turkish incident, they believe from the smell that the cannister was leaking gas. Basically the whole building went, not just the gas cannister. There are plenty of videos out there of nutters shooting or burning propane tanks, just to find out what happens.
    and by the way the video your talking about was from a heat sensor camera if I'm not mistaken, how do you go about comparing force from a heat sensor?

Generally from the speed and size of the fireball. Shock waves are usually visible as well.
    Sometimes you just need a cluster bomb to do the job........, you are a fukkin moron.....

Do I lie? The reason they exist is because they're better at some military jobs than other weapons.

NTM

In the meantime, there seems to be a little bit of a dispute between the Palestinians themselves. (I was wondering who was lobbing hand grenades in that ambulance video). Apparently, Hamas and Fatah are at it again, with Hamas executing some 35 Palestinians who were suspected of collaborating with Israel and were being held in various Hamas security installations. Fatah is claiming that about 75 of their activists were shot in the legs or had their hands broken by Hamas so they wouldn't be much trouble.

In response, Fatah is apparently preparing to mount their own coup for when Hamas is sufficiently disabled by the Israelis. Just how they plan on avoiding getting shot by the Israelis is another kettle of fish entirely.

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭marius

Israels Supreme Court has declared that it must allow some Journalists into Gaza, the army has refused to do so. If any further indication was needed that the Israeli Army is out of control and effectively running the country you have it there.

There is only one reason that the Army would not want journalists present in Gaza....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

marius wrote: »
    Israels Supreme Court has declared that it must allow some Journalists into Gaza, the army has refused to do so. If any further indication was needed that the Israeli Army is out of control and effectively running the country you have it there.

There is only one reason that the Army would not want journalists present in Gaza....

To keep them out of harm's way and let the military get on with the job at hand maybe!.

There's no place for them in Gaza at the moment anyway, the IDF have a tough job to do & I wish them the best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3b3_1230864719

This is the video taken down by youtube

Make of it as you will.

The whole thing is bull$hit. But Israel have to take most of the blame here. I am right that Hamas were first funded and backed by Israel? Well that tured out well.

So when Hamas are gone, if they are gone we go back to fatah! And the story goes on and on.

To keep them out of harm's way and let the military get on with the job at hand maybe!

Really?
    Guess you were asleep for the 2 Iraq wars then!:rolleyes: LOL

The reason is simple. They dont want whats happening there beamed out live across the world. See my video above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

^^^^

Don't bother, BANNED members aren't welcomed around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭marius

Mairt wrote: »
    To keep them out of harm's way and let the military get on with the job at hand maybe!.

There's no place for them in Gaza at the moment anyway, the IDF have a tough job to do & I wish them the best of luck.

I just don't know what to say to this - did you even think about this reply or are you just on Auto-defend Israel mode?

Firstly - it is not up to the Israeli Army to make this decesion - their own supreme court has already made it, that is the whole point...!

Secondly if a Journalist wants to go to a war zone it is their choice, they are called war correspondants and they have been doing it for a very long time.

Why do you say there is no place for journalists in Gaza anyway? Why the hell not - they want to report exactly wht is going on there, why is this so objectionable to the Israeli Army?

As has already been pointed out - there were plently of journalists in Iraq for both Wars, is this accepteble to you or did they too not have any place there? Without them things like Abu-Ghraib etc. would never have gotten into the public eye and torture etc. would probably still be going on there....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Yes, I saw that. I'd have made the same error. Now, just how much propane would have been required for such a massive explosion in the mosque?

I've no idea. However I'm not prepared to take the IDFs word on anything, no more than I would Hamas.

Not to (.....)e guided.

NTM

My point was the similar proliferation of certain kinds of video to create an impression.
    Solorant wrote:

You aren't very familiar with the Republican movement, I take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Also for the misinformed there was never a country called Palestine, the Palestinians were part of Transjordan which was under the rule of the Ottoman empire.

Thats been long refuted.

Ottoman records show there was a place called Palestine in existence under the rule. Palestine: A Personal History by Karl Sabbagh, goes into the details.

Here is a quote from the Guardian review:
    His detective work has unearthed historical treasures such as Daher al-Omar al-Zaydani, who ran his own autonomous state of Palestine within the Ottoman empire during the 18th century, selling cotton to the French. Both of Daher's biographers were Sabbaghs, while another, Ibrahim, was Daher's vizier, or chief minister, and his doctor. Ibrahim, Sabbagh confesses, was "a nasty piece of work ... among other things, a miser and an embezzler".

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭dublincelt

What a truly shocking post! Gaza is not Israeli land, therfore the IOF have no right to deny any War Correspondent access there. Do you wish them the best of luck with their use of depleted uranuim and cluster bombs in the name of self defence. You are not fit to be moderator on a forum like this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

dublincelt wrote: »
    You are not fit to be moderator on a forum like this!

Mairt isn't the moderator on this forum so I don't know what your issue is :confused:

an excellent poster though

• Registered Users Posts: 17,205 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Dear god, you really do take the military line hook line and sinker. Although in saying that, the media will probably become the targets of the Israelis

• Advertisement

He is not a mod of this forum but a mod of the military forum. Which in my mind says it all.

Advertisement