Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 Israeli = 155 Palestinians

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Some posts by a phoenix account deleted there. The last two posts by Mairt and Jank were responding to them. Just to make things clearer for people.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭dublincelt

jank wrote: »
    He is not a mod of this forum but a mod of the military forum. Which in my mind says it all.

That makes perfect sense now.

A question for the IOF supporters on here..

If Israel claim to be acting in self defence and not purposefully targeting civilians, by using cluster munitions which are indiscriminate, does their claim stand up to scrutiny?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

dublincelt wrote: »
    If Israel claim to be acting in self defence and not purposefully targeting civilians, by using cluster munitions which are indiscriminate, does their claim stand up to scrutiny?
    Thats a bit too general to be answered, it would depend completely on the scenario.

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    Thats a bit too general to be answered, it would depend completely on the scenario.

So even though 109 countries in Dublin of all places signed up to the ban of this type of munition, You still believe that there may be justification for using it. Oh and by the way we here in Ireland are one of the signatories of this ban.

That explains alot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

So even though 109 countries in Dublin of all places signed up to the ban of this type of munition, You still believe that there may be justification for using it. Oh and by the way we here in Ireland are one of the signatories of this ban.

That explains alot.

The ban on cluster bombs did not cover newer models with smart targeting which are far less prone to failure and more accurate so without more details it's impossible to judge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

Would'nt suprise me one bit to see this escalting into a wider conflict

War if very profitable if there is money to be made people will exploit it

sink wrote: »
    The ban on cluster bombs did not cover newer models with smart targeting which are far less prone to failure and more accurate so without more details it's impossible to judge.

What makes you think that Israel are using this new type of "smarter targeting bomb"? A very convenient arguement to make.
    What makes you think that they are doing anything differently to what they done in Lebanon. Link below is worth a read to the apologists on here..

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/761781.html

Accurate cluster bombs?, are you having a laugh. Can I ask you "would you stay in your house if these "smart" cluster bombs were deployed to your neighbours on each side of you?"

Hey I'm not passing judgement just stating the facts. The is nothing right about this conflict on either side.

What makes you think that Israel are using this new type of "smarter targeting bomb"? A very convenient arguement to make.
    What makes you think that they are doing anything differently to what they done in Lebanon. Link below is worth a read to the apologists on here..

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/761781.html

Nothing as I said I don't know what they are using and neither do you so until further information is presented speculation is pointless. If they are using traditional cluster munitions I totally condemn it.

• Advertisement

Hey I'm not passing judgement just stating the facts. The is nothing right about this conflict on either side.

Can you show me the facts that prove that Israel are using this new type of "civillian friendly Cluster Bomb"?

I eagerly await your reply on this!

Can you show me the facts that prove that Israel are using this new type of "civillian friendly Cluster Bomb"?

Can you show me any facts at all? We don't know anything so it's pointless to pass judgement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭IRISH RAIL

A question for the IOF supporters on here..

Can you show some proof cluster weapons were used.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Have been watching a lot of the channels broadcasting on Arabsat on 26degrees east. You get a much fuller picture than what is coming in over sky and bbc. There will be no winners from this.

Have been watching a lot of the channels broadcasting on Arabsat on 26degrees east. You get a much fuller picture than what is coming in over sky and bbc. There will be no winners from this.

I've been watching english Al Jazeera they seem to have the best coverage of the conflict with reporters actually in Gaza.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭munchester29

I haven't heard Israel is using cluster bombs in Gaza, where did you hear this?

Theres a lot of good coverage from Israeli and arabic tv
    Good for getting the facts out without due to most arabic countries condeming hamas.

I haven't heard Israel is using cluster bombs in Gaza, where did you hear this?

28c3rf6.jpg

2q1rwbs.jpg

Source is El Pais France.

28c3rf6.jpg

2q1rwbs.jpg

I was watching sky news and they were showing video of these weapons the military expert they had on couldn't identify them, he said they looked kind of like white phosphorus but couldn't be certain.

Can you show me any facts at all? We don't know anything so it's pointless to pass judgement.

I would not say we dont know anything. But I will say we know far less than we should whilst the Zionists refuse access to the world media, going against the wishes of it supreme court in the process.
    Just what are they trying to hide. Open your eyes man!

• Advertisement

I would not say we dont know anything. But I will say we know far less than we should whilst the Zionists refuse access to the world media, going against the wishes of it supreme court in the process.
    Just what are they trying to hide. Open your eyes man!

I'm not into speculation and conspiracy theories, when I have some solid information I will be able to judge until then I'm just an impartial observer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Dark_lord_ire

that looks like artillary fire and would be a cluster bomb i guess they need to stop using these. I 100% support the IDF but they need to be careful how they mount this war. Hopefully they take out hama and there ability to make war

28c3rf6.jpg

2q1rwbs.jpg

Looks like some sort of cluster bomb anyway.

I was watching sky news and they were showing video of these weapons the military expert they had on couldn't identify them, he said they looked kind of like white phosphorus but couldn't be certain.

Ah well thats okay then!

Effects of exposure to WP weapons

Incandescent particles of WP cast off by a WP weapon's initial explosion can produce extensive, deep (second and third degree), burns. Phosphorus burns carry a greater risk of mortality than other forms of burns due to the absorption of phosphorus into the body through the burned area, resulting in liver, heart and kidney damage, and in some cases multi-organ failure.[23] These weapons are particularly dangerous to exposed people because white phosphorus continues to burn unless deprived of oxygen or until it is completely consumed. In some cases, burns are limited to areas of exposed skin because the smaller WP particles do not burn completely through personal clothing before being consumed. According to GlobalSecurity.org, quoted by The Guardian, "White phosphorus results in painful chemical burn injuries

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

^^ ****ing hell! Anyone who condones that or that liveleak video above.... well, theres something wrong with you.

Looks like some sort of cluster bomb anyway.

ha ha ha ha ha ha
    would you ever learn about the weapons you seem to think are clusterbombs

thats nothing of the sort

hahahaha
    thanks for the laugh though

IRISH RAIL wrote: »
    ha ha ha ha ha ha

hahahaha

Its just a big firework for new years celebrations. Courtesy of peace loving self defending Israel.

Yeah man, good one!!!

Ah well thats okay then!

A minute ago you thought they were cluster bomb and a military expert said he didn't know what they were but they looked like wp. You seem to have no issues switching your position based upon little evidence so long as it is reason to condemn Israel. The truth is we don't know what they are and if the turn out to be less lethal weapons I'm wondering will you change your position as quick.

IRISH RAIL wrote: »
    ha ha ha ha ha ha

hahahaha

???

Sorry that I am not a weapons expert sir.

I am just going on my knowledge of the weapon from worms :p . Whatever the fúck it is, it doesn't look like it would be great for hitting JUST military targets.

• Advertisement

???

Sorry that I am not a weapons expert sir.

I am just going on my knowledge of the weapon from worms :p . Whatever the fúck it is, it doesn't look like it would be great for hitting JUST military targets.

hang on while i find a video for you

as for cluster weapons here is one
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYXdk-qTl5U&feature=PlayList&p=B4AE157F96C82ADB&index=0&playnext=1

Advertisement