Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 Israeli = 155 Palestinians

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

djpbarry wrote: »
    Yes.

You think blowing up a bus full of civilians is acceptable?
    If you were punched in the face, wouldnt it be right enough to punch that person back (possibly twice for their troubles) if it happened that there was no overarching power to help you

A bit of simplicity may be necessary for explanations sometimes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

If you were punched in the face, wouldnt it be right enough to punch that person back (possibly twice for their troubles) if it happened that there was no overarching power to help you

So you agree with the israeli actions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭youcrazyjesus!

IRISH RAIL wrote: »
    and im sure you have all the relevant proof of this to hand yea:rolleyes:

for the 2nd part at least, its public knowledge, printed in mainstream newspapers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭uprising

He clearly stated that he wasnt sure so how would he have all the proof to hand?, although John Pilger may, he's a very professional journalist and above your post is a link to the story by nixmix, you can bury your head in the sand or up your backside all you want, but us intelligent people know fact from fiction, which you obviously dont.

Boston wrote: »
    So you agree with the israeli actions?

The question is "Do you agree with the Israeli actions"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

fair enough if its the person who punched you, but if you go around punching people just because they share the same religion or race or political party as the person who punched you ... then no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

uprising wrote: »
    He clearly stated that he wasnt sure so how would he have all the proof to hand?

Well its great and all to make sweeping allegations, but if you cant prove them there very constructive.

but us intelligent people know fact from fiction, which you obviously dont.

True, we dont know fact from fiction, which is exactly why a call for proof was made, so as to determine that. That makes us sensible. Anyone who just takes what is said as correct or incorrect based only on how well it correlates with their side of the arguments is just being ignorant.

what I said about putting on a vest has been dragged around a little, I was just expressing how a person may feel if this REALLY happened to them, ie not some small talk on a forum.
    I dont support murder of innocent people in any shape or form.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

It is common knowledge

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/jan/07/gaza-israel-palestine
    n August 2005 a Likud government headed by Ariel Sharon staged a unilateral Israeli pullout from Gaza, withdrawing all 8,000 settlers and destroying the houses and farms they had left behind. Hamas, the Islamic resistance movement, conducted an effective campaign to drive the Israelis out of Gaza. The withdrawal was a humiliation for the Israeli Defence Forces. To the world, Sharon presented the withdrawal from Gaza as a contribution to peace based on a two-state solution. But in the year after, another 12,000 Israelis settled on the West Bank, further reducing the scope for an independent Palestinian state. Land-grabbing and peace-making are simply incompatible. Israel had a choice and it chose land over peace.

The real purpose behind the move was to redraw unilaterally the borders of Greater Israel by incorporating the main settlement blocs on the West Bank to the state of Israel. Withdrawal from Gaza was thus not a prelude to a peace deal with the Palestinian Authority but a prelude to further Zionist expansion on the West Bank. It was a unilateral Israeli move undertaken in what was seen, mistakenly in my view, as an Israeli national interest. Anchored in a fundamental rejection of the Palestinian national identity, the withdrawal from Gaza was part of a long-term effort to deny the Palestinian people any independent political existence on their land.

Israel's settlers were withdrawn but Israeli soldiers continued to control all access to the Gaza Strip by land, sea and air. Gaza was converted overnight into an open-air prison. From this point on, the Israeli air force enjoyed unrestricted freedom to drop bombs, to make sonic booms by flying low and breaking the sound barrier, and to terrorise the hapless inhabitants of this prison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

The question is "Do you agree with the Israeli actions"?

No, it clearly wasn't the question. Trying grasping a point once in a while.

• Advertisement

turgon wrote: »
    Well its great and all to make sweeping allegations, but if you cant prove them there very constructive.

Nobody made sweeping allegations, he half remembered something, that nixmix made up for with his link to John Pilger, what the poster was referring to was operation dagan, but he stated he couldnt remeber the name of it, so where is the sweeping allegation?

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭horseflesh

Your analogy (over-simplistic though it is) is far more similar to the Israeli point of view.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

horseflesh wrote: »
    Your analogy (over-simplistic though it is) is far more similar to the Israeli point of view.

Another simplistic analogy which is closer to the isreali point of view is that if someone farts in the same room as you they should be kneecapped with a sawnoff shotgun.

You mean like this?

joejet.com_000170-17_gaza-strip_mini.jpg

joejet.com_000170-05_gaza-strip_mini.jpg

gaza3.jpg

pic.php?f=vittime12.jpg

340x.jpg

_45344609_palestinianchildap466.jpg

gaza-strike-36.jpg?w=206&h=309
    340x.jpg

2129%20martyrs%20in%20gaza%20holocaust.jpg

gaza%20shelling.jpg

gaza7.jpg

610x.jpg

610x.jpg

n561084856_316778_6756.jpg

4stop%20killing%20us%2029f8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

I said "would it be extremist IN THAT SITUATION", what would you do if your neighbour killed all your family, and nobody did anything about it?, I'm asking you personally, what would you do in that situation, would you sit back and say "thats life"?
    I honestly don't know what I would do - I don't think anybody could answer such a question. I would imagine I would be pretty damn distraught. But would I strap a bomb to my chest and blow up somebody else's family? No, I don't think so.
    Sure. But if a random stranger punches you, would it be right for you to then find another random stranger and punch them in the face? I don't think so.

Or this maybe?

0428200812094190701_Gaza%20Victims%202008.jpg

genocide-gaza.jpg

358x283.jpg

palestinian_children_killed_by_israeli_fire_in_gaza__file_2007.jpg

2006.07.15.4s.lebanese.kids.murdered.jpg.jpg

59769_WM_423x355.jpg

gaza-blockade-2.jpg?w=300&h=191

2326112041_65721ec3ba.jpg

2169468023_6d55a30bb3_o.jpg

svGAZA_wideweb__470x289,0.jpg

222.jpg

gaza380.jpg

child_injured_in_israeli_attack_on_the_gaza_strip__file_2007.jpg

gaza_18053t.jpg

gaza-under-siege-ben-heine.jpg

You mean like this?

That about sums it up ......... peace be with them. Shame on Isreal and its apologists

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭munchester29

This aid thing was a con from the start. Israelis only agreed to it to steal the headlines back from the murder of 40 civilians sheltering in a designated UN safe area. BBC, Sky, Breakingnews.ie and others duly obliged. The Guardian and others, to their credit, did not.

It really is moving beyond stuff like the blockade and blowing up tunnels to something altogether different. The destruction they're causing to the Gaza Strip is mindblowing. It is the most blatant case of collective punishment you can possibly imagine. "Move from your homes, here are some leaflets, then we'll shell you as you flee". People scoffed that the idea was regime change in the beginning but the Guardian has said in their opinion that that's what Israel is planning. Great, open the door for Islamic Jihad and others and bomb them when they take over.

This has brought great shame on Israel and it's supporters, this is beyond the pale. An overreaction happened last week, this week's it's just bloody minded slaughter.

Israel closes passes = Israel is evil
    Israel lets humanitarian aid go through = it’s a con = Israel is evil
    Israel is killing civilians while attacking Hamas = Israel is evil
    Israel warns civilians before it attacks an area = Israel wants to hit them while they are running = Israel is evil
    Israel uses a fraction of its military might. Why? They are afraid of public opinion = Israel is evil.
    Israel bombs a school by mistake (the Israelis are always lying by the way…) Why? They don’t give a rat’s ass about public opinion = Israel is evil

Hamas fires 3000 rockets at Israeli civilians. Why? Hamas do it because Israel does this and that (sorry, the accusation list is too long) = Israel is evil
    Hamas fires rockets from UN installations, schools, and mosques as firing grounds. Why? They have no choice (although there are at least a few agricultural fields and open areas in the Gaza strip, or Hamas could actually warn their own people before they start firing) = Israel is evil
    Hamas send suicide bombers against Israel. Why? It’s because of the occupation = Israel is evil
    Hamas uses Palestinian citizens as human shields. Why? I don’t know, but Israel is evil.
    Hamas kill and maim their own people. Why? Nothing to do with power struggles, Hamas hating gay people, and anyone who has an opinion which goes against the Hamas agenda – Any Palestinian they kill is a collaborator that deserves dying, because, wait for it… wait for it… wait for it… they work with Israel = Israel is evil

Hamas are nothing but a poor, unfortunate, miserable, under equipped, good hearted, humane, peace loving, friendly group of people, who smuggle care bears and playstations for Palestinian children through those tunnels they have.

djpbarry wrote: »
    I honestly don't know what I would do - I don't think anybody could answer such a question. I would imagine I would be pretty damn distraught. But would I strap a bomb to my chest and blow up somebody else's family? No, I don't think so.
    Sure. But if a random stranger punches you, would it be right for you to then find another random stranger and punch them in the face? I don't think so.

Sorry I wasnt having a go at you, its wrong to kill anybody.

Israel BLAH BLAH BLAH, I could fit 2 heads up this ass

Israel caused the above pictures= Israel is EVIL

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Steviemak

concussion wrote: »
    especially when the Israeli troops are being attacked by militants/terrorists/freedom fighters wearing civilain clothing.

They probably are civilians! If I was a civilian in Gaza and my family and friends were being destroyed like that I would attack the Israeli's. I also assume that if Hamas were on the ground in Israel butchering their citizens the Israeli citizens would also fight back and be considered heroes for doing so.

I gotta go out, so nobody think I'm avoiding anything slung my way

Or this maybe?

Eh, no. But if someone is going to play the smartarse and try to bring something as complex as this down to the most basic of analogies they should at least think before they type.

And what was the point of post all the photos again in response to my post? Doesn't make any sense whatsoever.
    Unless it was just to make you feel better and get your blood racing on a quiet Thursday afternoon.

I gotta go out, so nobody think I'm avoiding anything slung my way

Ok tough guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭munchester29

Or this maybe?

Happens to the Israeli children also, only Israel doesn't use their dead as a propaganda tool:

Pic2vict.jpg

And I would argue that there are many Palestinian children dead because Hamas use them as shields:

HamasHumanShields.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I don't understand how anyone can make an argument based on photos of wounded/dead children on either side. But it's propaganda (again on either side) to have pictures of children holding signs up that read "stop killing us" etc. It doesn't help either side of the argument, it does what it's supposed to, rally support for either side based on emotive images.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

Steviemak wrote: »
    They probably are civilians! If I was a civilian in Gaza and my family and friends were being destroyed like that I would attack the Israeli's. I also assume that if Hamas were on the ground in Israel butchering their citizens the Israeli citizens would also fight back and be considered heroes for doing so.

That's exactly my point - anyone in civilian clothing could be a threat - if that threat is real putting rescue workers in to be caught in the crossfire is ludicrous. There just isn't enough information in that report to determine why the Red Cross weren't allowed in. The IDF should have made every effort to facilitate them, and maybe they did make every effort, but we can't tell from the article.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭marius

Happens to the Israeli children also, only Israel doesn't use their dead as a propaganda tool:

The above post is the stupidest post I have ever seen.....

Eh, no. But if someone is going to play the smartarse and try to bring something as complex as this down to the most basic of analogies they should at least think before they type.

And what was the point of post all the photos again in response to my post? Doesn't make any sense whatsoever.
    Unless it was just to make you feel better and get your blood racing on a quiet Thursday afternoon.

edit/ snip whatever.

emotive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

If your going to base your arguments on photos, maybe you'd care to comment on these schoolchildren then.

sderot_children.jpg

For every photo you put up there is the same one from the other side.

Here's two more

192642682_2fea4cce66_o.jpg

suicide_bomber_1_.jpg

Advertisement