Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 Israeli = 155 Palestinians

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

I would like to forward the opinion that photos of the dead and injured should be forbidden. They are there to spark emotions, and to avoid actually engaging in rational discussion. They also are completely one sided.

A picture of a dead Palestinian child is meant to criticize Israel. But it fails to show the rockets that Hama indiscriminately targeted South Israel. Its is of no comprehensible use to the debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭marius

concussion wrote: »

For every photo you put up there is the same one from the other side.

Here's two more

192642682_2fea4cce66_o.jpg

suicide_bomber_1_.jpg

Agreed.....but funnily enough the last two photo's sum up the conflict for me.....real rockets/shells vs dodgy frankfurter lookin' belt ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

turgon wrote: »
    I would like to forward the opinion that photos of the dead and injured should be forbidden. They are there to spark emotions, and to avoid actually engaging in rational discussion. They also are completely one sided.

A picture of a dead Palestinian child is meant to criticize Israel. But it fails to show the rockets that Hama indiscriminately targeted South Israel. Its is of no comprehensible use to the debate.

Yeah, the pictures of dead children is a bit much. If people want to show them, they should provide a link and not insert the image directly onto the board.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭dublincelt

turgon wrote: »

Of course they are one sided. How many Children have Hamas killed this past 13 days!!??? The pics should be shown. The world has a right to see them and Sky news arent going to show them any time soon.
    Typical, you would like a rational debate and believe that cant be achieved whilst these pics are shown. Well what Israel is doing is irational, immoral and absolutely reprehensible. The pics should stay as a reminder of just what is going on!

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭munchester29

marius wrote: »
    The above post is the stupidest post I have ever seen.....

Care to explain why?

• Advertisement

Agreed.....but funnily enough the last two photo's sum up the conflict for me.....real rockets/shells vs dodgy frankfurter lookin' belt ;)

There actually have been cases of small children who were caught by Israel with real explosive belts on them

http://watch.windsofchange.net/themes_84.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ionix5891

thats what I love about the internet

you wont get websites shying away from showing the truth like the media agencies (usually owned by murdoch)

thanks boards moderators for not deleting the graphic images

like the wise man said "a picture speaks a thousand words"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

dublincelt wrote: »
    Of course they are one sided. How many Children have Hamas killed this past 13 days!!??? The pics should be shown.

Jut how do they in any way contribute to rational debate? Thats what this politics board is about, debate, not some emotional image slideshow.

Care to explain why?

You are saying that the Israeli's do not use photos of dead children as propaganda and in the exact same post you (yes....you!) are showing pictures of dead Israeli children from a zionist website.....L O L

Happens to the Israeli children also, only Israel doesn't use their dead as a propaganda tool:

you could not make it up....

dublincelt wrote: »
    Of course they are one sided. How many Children have Hamas killed this past 13 days!!??? The pics should be shown. The world has a right to see them and Sky news arent going to show them any time soon.
    Typical, you would like a rational debate and believe that cant be achieved whilst these pics are shown. Well what Israel is doing is irational, immoral and absolutely reprehensible. The pics should stay as a reminder of just what is going on!

Hamas share the responibility for the deaths of the Palestinian children, since they put them in harm's way by using them as human shields.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭bobbyjoe

Hamas share the responibility for the deaths of the Palestinian children, since they put them in harm's way by using them as human shields.

Give it a break.
    That one not playing anymore.

You are saying that the Israeli's do not use photos of dead children as propaganda and in the exact same post you (yes....you!) are showing pictures of dead Israeli children from a zionist website.....L O L

you could not make it up....

If you check the site from which the picture is taken, you will see that this is a site operated and maintained by volunteers – not by any of Israel’s government agencies or Israel’s government.

When was the last time you saw bodies of Israeli children on the news or in newspapers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Jack Bauer999

bobbyjoe wrote: »
    Give it a break.

+1

Israel favourite propaganda response, that and
    'we were certain there was 12 Hamas fighters launching rockets at us from the back of that UN aid truck'

Give it a break.

Failed to understand your meaning:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

Give it a break.

They also store weapons in schools and mosques and set up heavy weapons positions beside schools, hospitals and safe zones.
    The Israeli army may be playing things fast and loose, but Hamas are doing the same thing and both are contributing to the civilian casualties.

ionix5891 wrote: »
    like the wise man said "a picture speaks a
    thousand words"

What he neglected to say was those 1000 words could be twisted into a multitude of stories.

I am gonna have to disagree there. We have Israel claiming they are doing that and they have already lied during the current conflict, and tried to blame Hamas on something they didn't do. I will wait for independent verification of there claims.

Also, the logic can be used against Israel just as easily, if Israel didn't kick the Palestinians out of there country and occupied them, then none of this would be happening.

Blame Hamas yadda yadda yadda.

Give the wold media access to Gaza. What have the military got to hide??

Aid convoys have been halted by the UN. Israel is now targetting official United Nations Aid Trucks. A UN driver has been killed today by your so called "soldiers". Care to explain that one away!!??

+1

Israel favourite propaganda response, that and
    'we were certain there was 12 Hamas fighters launching rockets at us from the back of that UN aid truck'

I don't think Israel has said that about the UN truck. I'll wait for Israel's comment before I pass judgement.

I would like to remind you though, that mistakes & accidents happen all the time in wars. Israel tanks also fired shells and killed 4 Israeli soldiers by mistake.

I don't think Israel has said that about the UN truck. I'll wait for Israel's comment before I pass judgement.

I would like to remind you though, that mistakes & accidents happen all the time in wars. Israel tanks also fired shells and killed 4 Israeli soldiers by mistake.

The "Fog of war" excuse is an old one as well.

Israel's actions and there denials are making them look very bad, especially when the UN are the ones saying there wrong.

wes wrote: »
    I am gonna have to disagree there. We have Israel claiming they are doing that and they have already lied during the current conflict, a and tried to blame Hamas on something they didn't do. I will wait for independent verification of there claims.

Also, the logic can be used against Israel just as easily, if Israel didn't kick the Palestinians out of there country and occupied them, then none of this would be happening.

Let's not go into that cause and effect chain of events again... You know we will end up in 2000 BC...

• Advertisement

The "Fog of war" excuse is an old one as well.

Israel's actions and there denials are making them look very bad, especially when the UN are the ones saying there wrong.

Considering most UN personal in Gaza are actually Palestinians, who knows what the truth is?

Let's not go into that cause and effect chain of events again... You know we will end up in 2000 BC...

Thats what I was basically saying. Its very easy to lay blame like you did. I was pointing out, I can easily do it as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ionix5891

concussion wrote: »
    They also store weapons in schools and mosques and set up heavy weapons positions beside schools, hospitals and safe zones.
    The Israeli army may be playing things fast and loose, but Hamas are doing the same thing and both are contributing to the civilian casualties.

What he neglected to say was those 1000 words could be twisted into a multitude of stories.

you can twist it all you want but they certainly didn't kill themselves

so theres only one 1 story they were murdered, by Israel

Considering most UN personal in Gaza are actually Palestinians, who knows what the truth is?

The truth, would be more or less what the UN said. Also, just because there staff is Palestinian doesn't change that.

Its one thing to not trust Hamas. I sure as hell don't, but to try and say we can't trust all Palestinians is ridiculous. I am sure the UN vets its staff and also have non-Palestinian staff on the ground as well.

The IDF made a claim, the UN has its nonsense. I put far more trust in the UN, than the IDF.

Some more bad news, it seems.

hamas has rejected the Egyptian cease fire plan:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/01/08/world/main4707219.shtml

John Ging is one of our own and is aid chief in Gaza. And he has not exactly held back in his condemnation of Israel's actions. To sully the name of the UN in your warped view by saying they are "mostly palestinian" is not a great excuse. Chris Gunness, another UN aid worker has also deeply critizised Israel's targetting of the Aid convoy. I would rather take the word of a UN spokesperson than any Israeli.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Of course, the only opinion that matters in this is America's, and America so far doesn't seem to care, and in fact is actively encouraging the Israelis.

There's a vote in the US Senate today which, incredibly, seeks to endorse the murderous actions in Gaza, and blame it all on Hamas. This is spite of pleas by Amnesty for America to take a stand.

Also incredibly, one of those sponsoring the resolution is a Democrat. So much for change... we can't even blame Bush for this one.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-naiman/amnesty-vs-aipac-senate-t_b_156256.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

It baffles me that the US gives 'foreign aid' to Israel, one of the wealthiest countries in the world. Why? They scarcely need it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

The "Fog of war" excuse is an old one as well

It's obviously a relevant issue, seeing as they killed 5 of their own in two separate incidents.

• Advertisement

When was the last time you saw bodies of Israeli children on the news or in newspapers?

I saw a few on the internet a while ago...actually, it was in your post a few pages back....you know the one...you were trying to claim that there were no such pictures etc......and then posted them....and then later, as if it made a difference to how utterly idiotic the post was, claimed that it was not propaganda as it was a 'volunteer' website....

Advertisement