Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 Israeli = 155 Palestinians

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭horseflesh

TMoreno wrote: »
    The colonization of the Palestinian land by the Zionists never stopped during the so called "Peace Process" and did not stopped during the so called "Truce".
    That alone justifies any action of Hamas.
    If you love the Zionists, give them your own country.

Incredible........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭bobbyjoe

Don't know how much that report can be trusetd, since everything is "According to testimonies gathered by the UN" (quoted from the article)
    which means basically - Hamas said so.

In your opinion.

Maybe if journalists were allowed in there could be more sources.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

concussion wrote: »
    Yes, and until then we can say there's a good chance they have them.

Given the complete irrelevance militarily of Hamas so far, I'd say quite the oppossite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭TMoreno

Israel removed (forcibly in some cases) it's settlers from Gaza over three years ago.

I don't love them and Ireland is not mine to give away. They also wouldn't want it as it's a bit far away from where they believe they should have their home.

They removed Zionists colons and put them somewhere else on Palestinian land.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

bobbyjoe wrote: »
    In your opinion.

Maybe if journalists were allowed in there could be more sources.

This is what happens to journalists when Hamas and Fatah are fighting - do you honestly think they'd allow journalists give a balanced account?
    Journalists covering protest demonstrations and other incidents were attacked on several occasions and had their footage or equipment damaged or destroyed, to prevent them from reporting the violent attacks and arrests of demonstrators.

That's under 'Silencing Dissent
    http://www.amnesty.org/en/library/asset/MDE21/020/2007/en/dom-MDE210202007en.html

• Advertisement

horseflesh wrote: »
    Incredible........

That's strange you're not shocked when the Zionists kill Palestinian Children.

This is what happens to journalists when Hamas and Fatah are fighting - do you honestly think they'd allow journalists give a balanced account?

That's under 'Silencing Dissent
    http://www.amnesty.org/en/library/asset/MDE21/020/2007/en/dom-MDE210202007en.html

There was a guy on newstalk just now a journalist didn't get his name. He heard reports of this incident from survivors. Says the red cross were refused entry to the area but allowed in after 48 hours. He went with the red cross they found the house got 15 survivors out including some children. He reckons there are up to 70 dead in the house.
    They found some other children clinging to the bodies of their dead mothers. Then they had to leave because the Israelis were firing at them.

Sick

Israel left Gaza in 2005, and all it got in return was 8000 rockets on Israeli cities, and various attacks on its citizens.

Hamas was practically begging for Israel to attack them back for over 3 years now, especially in 2008 when over 3000 rockets were fired into Israel, including during the cease fire.

If somebody robbed your land and said that you never belonged there, that would drive you mad. Maybe you would be the first to fire rockets.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Israel left Gaza in 2005, and all it got in return was 8000 rockets on Israeli cities, and various attacks on its citizens.

Hamas was practically begging for Israel to attack them back for over 3 years now, especially in 2008 when over 3000 rockets were fired into Israel, including during the cease fire.

Israel then stole more land in the West Bank.

Israel did not let the Gazan control there air space, borders (in collusion with Egypt and the US) or have there own port. They didn't leave, all they did is turn it into a prison, which they then blockaded, bring a population of 1.5 million to the brink of stravation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭NeilMcEoigheann

eh they want out, the Palestinians are living in the worlds largest open air prision,

so if somebody built a wall around ireland and stopped all food medical supplies and food getting in, would we just sit there and starve.
    Israel is evil country backed and supported by an other evil country.
    stop buying Israeli products

• Advertisement

Don't know how much that report can be trusetd, since everything is "According to testimonies gathered by the UN" (quoted from the article)
    which means basically - Hamas said so.

Hamas control the UN now. Must have missed the memo.

Also, its odd that Israel won't let in the media. Makes one wonder what there trying to hide.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭munchester29

If somebody robbed your land and said that you never belonged there, that would drive you mad. Maybe you would be the first to fire rockets.

Never was a Palestinian land, even according to the Quran:

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=38872

wes wrote: »
    Israel then stole more land in the West Bank.

Israel did not let the Gazan control there air space, borders (in collusion with Egypt and the US) or have there own port. They didn't leave, all they did is turn it into a prison, which they then blockaded, bring a population of 1.5 million to the brink of stravation.

Well, maybe if Hamas stopped its aggression, Israel would have released the blockade?

It is a fact that since Israel left Gaza, the border passes were opened as long as Hamas didn't mount an attack on Israel.

Is that your attempt to deflect attention from you giving support to a terrorist organisation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Serenity Now!

If you're going to take the moral relativist route then try using both eyes for a change.

It would seem you don't know what a Zionist actually is, by the way. In your book, all Israelis are Zionists, yes? :rolleyes:

eh they want out, the Palestinians are living in the worlds largest open air prision,

so if somebody built a wall around ireland and stopped all food medical supplies and food getting in, would we just sit there and starve.
    Israel is evil country backed and supported by an other evil country.
    stop buying Israeli products

To be honest, I have yet to hear of even one Palestinian who died of starvation.
    Look at pictures of people from Darfur, Chad, or Sudan, and look at pictures of people from Gaza - I'm sure you will be able to see the difference

Pure propaganda..

horseflesh wrote: »
    Is that your attempt to deflect attention from you giving support to a terrorist organisation?

Being against this slaughter in Gaza or the treatment of Palestine is not the same as supporting Hamas. Its not a black and white issue for most people.

Hamas control the UN now. Must have missed the memo.

Not what i said.

The UN are basing their findings on Palestinian testimonies, which can't be trusted.

The article quote a contratrian professor. So pure nonsense.

Not what i said.

The UN are basing their findings on Palestinian testimonies, which can't be trusted.

Its not like they have other people on the ground to investigate. Oh wait they do.

• Advertisement

Being against this slaughter in Gaza or the treatment of Palestine is not the same as supporting Hamas. Its not a black and white issue for most people.

I know it's not, but read his post as I quoted on the previous page, post 1682. He literally is supporting Hamas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭The Saint

Not what i said.

But you seem willing to take the IDF's side of events without question. Double standard, hmmm?

To be honest, I have yet to hear of even one Palestinian who died of starvation.
    Look at pictures of people from Darfur, Chad, or Sudan, and look at pictures of people from Gaza - I'm sure you will be able to see the difference

Pure propaganda..

Nope. There is a humanitarian crisis going on. Denying it is nonsense. Its been reported by various media outlets and human rights organisations, the UN and many others.

**EDIT**
    From Trocaires Web site:
    The awful truth about Gaza - by Eoin Murray

The past ten days have been the bloodiest and most violent in the history of Israel's 42 year occupation of Palestinian lands.

Ordinary civilians inside the Gaza strip urgently need a ceasefire, protection and humanitarian aid. As well as it's conventional war Israel has launched a massive public relations battle.

The truth is not getting out.

As of today 573 people, mostly civilians, have died in Gaza: 88 are women and 19 are children. On top of the physical casualty list, the entire civilian population is suffering severe restrictions in food, water and shelter as a consequence of being placed in the middle of a theatre of war and unable to flee.

Israel says:
    ‘There is no humanitarian crises in Gaza"

The truth is:
    Over 50% of Gazans don't know where their next meal will come from. Hospitals are reporting massive shortages of supplies.

Click here for the rest

Thats just one Irish charity. Plenty of other saying the same thing.

Israels lies are making themselves look very bad.

Not what i said.

How do you know this?

How do you know this?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/jan/09/gaza-palestinians-israel-evacuees-zeitoun

from the article: "According to testimonies gathered by the UN". Testimonies by Palestinians.

Nope. There is a humanitarian crisis going on. Denying it is nonsense. Its been reported by various media outlets and human rights organisations, the UN and many others.

**EDIT**

Thats just one Irish charity. Plenty of other saying the same thing.

Israels lies are making them look very bad.

I didn't say there wasn't a humanitarian crisis, but this crisis has been a ver long one, yet no Palestinians dead of starvation.
    This doesn't interfere with people saying that Israel is starving the Palestinians to death, which never happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Lucas10101

I don't like the way people are saying "Israel robbed the land from Palestinians"...it wasn't robbed. Go back in history if you want to see how Arabs, also considered Palestinians at the time of the Romans conquered the land of the Jews, and introduced Islam (Palestinians are primarily Arabs due to the Islamic conquest in 6th century onwards)

So it was the Jews to begin with. The British then had involvement in the early 20th century, and handed the situation after World War II to the UN...who issued a two-state solution which the Palestinians DENIED, which CAUSED the Israel we see today. Focusing on one particular battle or whatever seems a bit biased if you consider the much longer history of the region as well.

However in saying all this, I'm against the occupation of Gaza over the past two weeks primarily on propaganda and humanitarian grounds. However, I still feel some restraint should also be brought against Hamas, as it should Israel.

I read the article. Bravo, it's an excellent example of Zionist propaganda. Finding one Zionist-Arab to justify the theft of Palestine, is always a great performance.
    By the way Palestine is not a religion. The Palestinians can be Christians, Muslim and Jewish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭The Saint

Lucas10101 wrote: »
    I don't like the way people are saying "Israel robbed the land from Palestinians"...it wasn't robbed. Go back in history if you want to see how Arabs, also considered Palestinians at the time of the Romans conquered the land of the Jews, and introduced Islam (Palestinians are primarily Arabs due to the Islamic conquest in 6th century onwards)

So it was the Jews to begin with. The British then had involvement in the early 20th century, and handed the situation after World War II to the UN...who issued a two-state solution which the Palestinians DENIED, which CAUSED the Israel we see today. Focusing on one particular battle or whatever seems a bit biased if you consider the much longer history of the region as well.

However in saying all this, I'm against the occupation of Gaza over the past two weeks primarily on propaganda and humanitarian grounds. However, I still feel some restraint should also be brought against Hamas, as it should Israel.

I suggest you go back about 100 pages and start reading or take a quick history lesson before posting rubbish.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Still the good news for this thread is that both Hamas and Israel have rejected the ceasefire plan.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/middle_east/article5482230.ece

Advertisement