Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 Israeli = 155 Palestinians

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

uprising wrote: »
    Prime Minister Ehud Olmert told Israelis in a televised address from the national army headquarters in Tel Aviv: "The conditions have been created that our aims, as declared, were attained fully, and beyond."

I could pull that statement apart 100 different directions, they've achieved NOTHING but hatred.

And killed over 600 terrorists

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭IRISH RAIL

And severly damaged hamas, severly reduced there weapon smuggling operation,greatly disrupted there rocket making operations and almost depleted there arsenel of weapons. well done Zahal

but make no mistake they will still be there and ready to strike back at any terrorists or threats to the state of Israel.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,205 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

concussion wrote: »

Yeah, those children make funny looking terrorists

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭uprising

Maybe it was a sacrafice to molech

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

What was it really all for?

They've certainly managed to attract a little bit more attention to the area, which probably isn't a bad thing from any side. Especially if you look at the Lebanese border, the 2006 operation galvanised a little more action from the international community and that border has been rather quiet ever since. Little reason to believe that a similar result may not be expected from the Gaza op.

NTM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭TOMASJ

According to who?
    I think we should wait and see, who told the truth and who didn't on the break down of victims.
    IRISH RAIL wrote: »
    And severly damaged hamas, severly reduced there weapon smuggling operation,greatly disrupted there rocket making operations and almost depleted there arsenel of weapons. well done Zahal

but make no mistake they will still be there and ready to strike back at any terrorists or threats to the state of Israel.
    But they did not achieve what the wanted,the aim was to stop Hamas firing home made rockets into Israel five were fired just after Olmert spoke)
    It was a complete failure from a military point of view,
    and has done the Israel name more harm the world over than Hamas could ever have dreamt of

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

Yeah, never mind those 250+ children....

But they don't really matter in the Zionist agenda, do they?

They've certainly managed to attract a little bit more attention to the area,

NTM
    They certainly managed that,
    I have been speaking to people who didn't even know where Palestine was, and unaware of the treatment that Palestinians have had to put up with at the hands of the IDF,
    and thanks to Israeli barbarism , and news coverage from alternative news channels a lot more people have been educated on the depraved manner they treat the indigenous people of Palestine.

uprising
    you forgot to put pallywood presents in front of that video

• Advertisement

Yeah, never mind those 250+ children....
    Yeah, those children make funny looking terrorists

There's plenty of people here pointing out the civilian casualties, less mentioning the amount of militants killed. The figures are approximately 1100, with Palestinian services reporting 50% civilian and the last UN one that I saw is closer to 75%. So,yes, approximately 600 militants killed in the fighting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

There's plenty of people here pointing out the civilian casualties, less mentioning the amount of militants killed. The figures are approximately 1100, with Palestinian services reporting 50% civilian and the last UN one that I saw is closer to 75%. So,yes, approximately 600 militants killed in the fighting.

But do you really think that forgives the killing of close to 300 children? You're hiding behind statistics...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,205 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Who has Israel defined as a militant? The local school teacher? The policeman? The judge?

The fact is Israel went after anybody in Gaza who was remotely linked to the Gaza Government. Civilians and militants alike and their children and their families and their next door neighbours children and families and the terrified who were sheltering. Nice little terrorist campaign over the last 3 weeks.

BTW, you never answered my question earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭paulaa

Hammas wanted Israel to cease their military operation in Gaza,
    to open the borders and allow free movement of the Gazans in and out of their country, to lift the blockade and for Israel to get out of Gaza.

Israeli is not recalling her troops so is still occupying Gaza.

How can you have a ceasefire or truce when only one party's conditions are met and the other party is not considered.
    Totally unworkable and ridiculous farce imo.

The Israelis obviously do not want peace. They will stay in Gaza and use any excuse to use their shoot to kill policy. They have achieved their objectives alright, to occupy Gaza, grab more land and gain votes in the election in a few weeks.

I would love to know what else Livni and Rice spoke about at the meeting in Washington. I'm sure there was some more begging for support on Israels part.

I would consider Israel to have won the battle if any kind of peace had been achieved, but they have certainly lost the war by this cynical exercise

PS Sorry I haven't been on, our ESB was off all afternoon and most of the evening due to the storm

uprising
    you forgot to put pallywood presents in front of that video

yea and you never wrote sicko in your profile, your a depraved child killer supporter.

But do you really think that forgives the killing of close to 300 children? You're hiding behind statistics...

I'm not hiding behind anything, I'm merely pointing out the rough amounts of militants killed. As to whether the deaths of women, children and noncombatants is forgivable, while it's tragic, it's not for me to decide.
    Who has Israel defined as a militant? The local school teacher? The policeman? The judge? The fact is Israel went after anybody in Gaza who was remotely linked to the Gaza Government. Civilians and militants alike and their children and their families and their next door neighbours children and families and the terrified who were sheltering. Nice little terrorist campaign over the last 3 weeks. BTW, you never answered my question earlier

Did you read my post or just see that I mentioned how many Hamas militants were killed?? I said, according to Palestinian and UN sources, x amount of Palestinians were killed, including y civilians. Take y from x and you get z, which I can only assume to be militants. As for the question, I missed it....what was it?

EDIT
    Does this answer your question?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=58646276&postcount=2511

1100 = 100%

11 = 1%

75% = 825 civilians

= 275 militants

Go back to school, as i said before, never jump ship

1100 = 100%

11 = 1%

75% = 825 civilians

= 275 militants

Go back to school, as i said before, never jump ship

Well spotted, I meant to say 25%, or 75% non-civilan casualties. Like I said, that was the last one I saw from the UN so I erred toward the Palestinian figures of rougly 50%. As for jumping ship, if you've been looking over my post you should have seen my position. To use your analogy, I'm not on a ship. That last comment is way out of order also.

yea and you never wrote sicko in your profile, your a depraved child killer supporter.

very mature there shows where the debate has gone and the predujice comes in

very mature there shows where the debate has gone and the predujice comes in

its not prejudice, The word prejudice refers to prejudgment: making a decision before becoming aware of the relevant facts of a case or event.

I'm fully aware of your stance on this event, and whats happened in this event, so how can it be prejudice.

Have merkava, gives it away

• Advertisement

its not prejudice, The word prejudice refers to prejudgment: making a decision before becoming aware of the relevant facts of a case or event.

I'm fully aware of your stance on this event, and whats happened in this event, so how can it be prejudice.

Have merkava, gives it away

hatred xenophobia anti semitism bigoted delete where applicable

and keep my chariot of the G-ds out of it

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Ten day ban for uprising for directly insulting another member, in contravention of the forum charter, especially following an earlier warning specifically directed at him. IRISH RAIL, you're on thin ice, tread carefully.

Play nicely, folks, carry on with the actual point of the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Matt Holck

Did you read my post or just see that I mentioned how many Hamas militants were killed??

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=58646276&postcount=2511

soldiers count as humans too

what if I was a militant?
    I used to watch the stars roll with the waves in the wind
    meteorites splash down in air and burn apart

Matt Holck wrote: »
    soldiers count as humans too

Only if they are Israeli,
    that the problem here sub-human Palestinians don't matter Men Women or Children, they are all expendable to the IDF,

You only had to watch the disgusting way a Palestinian Doctor was treated by Israeli people on a TV interview after his Three children and niece were killed by the IDF. complete and utterly callous.

so you could say from the preservative of quite a few Israelis only 13 human beings died in this war on Palestine

_____ _____________

what if I was a militant?
    I used to watch the stars roll with the waves in the wind
    meteorites splash down in air and burn apart

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

TOMASJ wrote: »
    You only had to watch the disgusting way a Palestinian Doctor was treated by Israeli people on a TV interview after his Three children and niece were killed by the IDF. complete and utterly callous.

I couldn't believe that when I saw it on tv. It was so appalling. It pretty much sums up the whole stupid conflict. I can't believe people would say that to a man who just lost his kids. Some people have no shame whatsoever.

Also, having said that the journalist who got Ambulances sent out to the kids, is a hero.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

What did they say to him?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

taconnol wrote: »
    What did they say to him?

If you have Al Jazeera, you will see it there, but they shouting at him asking why there was weaponry in his house. Of course there was none and those nutters had no proof to back up there accusation.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

TOMASJ wrote: »
    So are you saying Palestinian children should be grateful that only 340 or so have been murdered by the Israelis

were did i say that, quote it if you can find it
    war crimes are only proved wrong if the outcome of any case is a sham and slanted to favour a certain side.
    just look at the U.N. resolutions pasted against Israel over the years all ignored.

ok so you can accuse someone of war crimes but if the accusations are proved wrong its as a result of sham or bias? get real

the un ordered its peacekeepers OUT of a rowandan refugee camp as the ( icant remember the name of the aggresive tribe so lets say the tootzies) tootzies were circling it with machetes if it was not for a french genreal who refused to follow the un order and leave there would be have been thousands more dead so the un has been impotent for a very very long time
    Its a disgrace from bullies that should know better from what happened to their co religionist in the past.

ah of course someone tried to exterminate them in the past so they shouldnt react to someone else trying to exterminate now. the perfect argument
    indiscriminately killing civillians in Palestine?
    where are you coming from the Israelis have been murdering from land sea and air from day one.

[;ease show me the definition of murder jsut so i know you know what it is. then show me facts and proof that this is what the israelis are doing. you havnt told me an alternative reason as to why they are not bombing the west bank?

If I can remember correctly the Israelis are not long after blowing the west bank to bits.

funny then how on cnn europe after 3 days of israel land assault the head palestinian negotiator who is based in the west bank said they completely dissaprove of hamas actions and while they do not agree with israel sending in its troops they are in no way in support of hamas

funny that

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

wes wrote: »
    If you have Al Jazeera, you will see it there

can you link me to that please?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

www.livestation.com or aljazeera website via google

Advertisement