Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 Israeli = 155 Palestinians

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭IRISH RAIL

The Saint wrote: »
    Just as there are some elected politicians within the Israeli Knesset who call for the forced expulsion of Palestinians from the West Bank. There'll always be nutters but the fact is that no group has, or will ever have the capability to wipe Israel off the map. It's a pointless comment to state that it is the intention of a few as it is never going to happen anyway.

there is no way in earth I could disagree with the first point yes there are nutters everywhere

but dont forget hamas has the support of Iran and they want to wipe Israel off the map
    same with hezzbollah who get there weapons from Syria who has no peace agreement with Israel and is still in a technical state of war since 1973 albeit everyone knows war is highly unlikely there has never been a peace agreement signed

Dudess wrote: »
    You haven't a clue what you would or wouldn't vote for because you don't know the reality of living a day in the life of an ordinary Palestinian.

and you would know better i suppose ?

Israel is the terrorist, the Palestinians are the victims here, always have been since the illegal birth of the state of Israel. Ask any so called jew what they are doing in the middle east, they will tell you God gave them this land. These so called jews say they are decended from the tribe of Judah, one of the lost tribes of Israel, yet their DNA proves that 99.999% of todays jews are Khazars, an ethnic group of turk/mongols who converted to Judism a few hundred years ago, so their Biblical stance for their right to be there is flawed as there is not a drop of true Jew blood in their bodies.
    The land is Palestine, home to Palestinian people, and when God does give the land back to the decendants of the tribe of Judah, the Palestinian people will be a lot higher up the ladder than these evil imposters who have neither religious, ethnic or any other reason to be there.
    The Palestinian people have suffered undocumented abuse since Israel was formed, on a daily basis they struggle to survive without basic essentials that we all take for granted, yet nobody cares cause the media have them branded as terrorists while the real terrorists mascarade as the righteous and the masses buy this crap through the controlled media.
    Hamas are the only legitimate organisation in Palestine because they cannot be bought, or made bow down to the oppressor, they would rather be free in their graves than live as puppets or slaves. I dont know too much about Abbas of the Fatah movement, but I know his predecessor yasser arafat was a freemason, who lived a life of charade and deciet, who on entry to the evil cult swore a blood oath to put his brethren first above all non masons, never reveal the secrets of the occult order, some other people in the region also made these bizzarr blood oaths to this cult, they include Yikzak Rabbin, King Hussein of Jordan and other famous brethren include the bush family(skull and bones), henry kissinger, Billy Graham, Rev. Jesse Jackson, Al Gore, Bill Clinton, Louise Farrahkan (Nation of Islam), Joseph Smith (Mormon cult)Aleister Crowley (Satanist), Gerald B. Gardner (Wiccan), Wynn Westcott (Golden Dawn), the list is endless but what all these have in common is to put their brethren and their evil schemes before all else. I hate terrorists and hope they get their cummupance sooner or later and the real fighters for freedom are branded terrorists by the mainstream media and like sheep, the masses follow the lead.
    I wish the galant people of Palestine all the best in their struggle againt the terrorists.

thats quite a tale there when does the next book come out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Well I guess I'm just trying to put myself in the shoes of a Palestinian, which you're clearly not.

To say Palestinian support for Hamas means those Palestinians are indirectly responsible for the Israeli assaults on large numbers of innocent civilians is absolutely outrageous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Don Diego

IRISH RAIL wrote: »
    but dont forget hamas has the support of Iran and they want to wipe Israel off the map
    same with hezzbollah who get there weapons from Syria who has no peace agreement with Israel and is still in a technical state of war since 1973 albeit everyone knows war is highly unlikely there has never been a peace agreement signed

What rubbish. Iran doesnt want to "wipe Israel off the map". Hezzbollah doesnt want to "wipe Israel off the map". Hezzbollah want Israel out of Lebanon. Israel keeps stealing their land. What would you do in similar circumstances?

Also, why is it ok for the US to arm Israel but its not ok for Syria/Iran to arm Hamas? Why cant they choose a side in the conflict? Complete double standards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭The Saint

there is no way in earth I could disagree with the first point yes there are nutters everywhere

Israel has the support of the largest military power in the world. If Iran wanted to destroy Israel it certainly wouldn't do it through Hamas. Hezbollah also do not have the capabilities to destroy Israel. Syria along with every country in the Arab League including Syria has offered peace and full normalisation of relations with Israel for it simply abiding by its international legal obligations. Also, if there was a peace agreement support from Arab countries to Hezbollah and Hamas would cease.

Well I guess I'm just trying to put myself in the shoes of a Palestinian, which you're clearly not.

To say Palestinian support for Hamas means those Palestinians are indirectly responsible for the Israeli assaults on large numbers of innocent civilians is absolutely outrageous.

I was just answering your question what would I do

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

Israel doesnt dilebritly target civillians it surgically strikes targets
    if you were to believe hamas media you would be led to think that no Hamas operatives have been killed that everyone was a civillian that is simply not true

There is no "Surgical" when you drop thousand pound bombs into heavily populated areas.

That's the point of bombs you see, they do huge amounts of damage and kill lots of people.

What part of that is hard to understand?

Yes, but you're saying what you'd do without putting yourself in the shoes of a Palestinian. You're purely coming from your own perspective.

Israel has the support of the largest military power in the world.

its not as rosy as everyone thinks

If Iran wanted to destroy Israel it certainly wouldn't do it through Hamas.

it will try thru every means possible

Hezbollah also do not have the capabilities to destroy Israel.
    maybe not completly but they could wreak havok along the northern border

Syria along with every country in the Arab League including Syria has offered peace and full normalisation of relations with Israel for it simply abiding by its international legal obligations
    who shelled who first ?

. Also, if there was a peace agreement support from Arab countries to Hezbollah and Hamas would cease.

no they need to be seen to be doing something against "the zionist entity" so backdoor support for these groups is how they do it

someday ill get the quote system here right and my posts wont be so hard to read apologies

• Advertisement

dresden8 wrote: »
    There is no "Surgical" when you drop thousand pound bombs into heavily populated areas.

That's the point of bombs you see, they do huge amounts of damage and kill lots of people.

What part of that is hard to understand?

where are these thousand pound bombs everyone is talking about ?

Yes, but you're saying what you'd do without putting yourself in the shoes of a Palestinian. You're purely coming from your own perspective.

as is everyone here
    Ive lived in Bat Hadar for two months which is just outside Ashkelon while not as much a target as Ashkelon or Sderot I have been caught up in a few colour red alerts, I have gone as close as I dare to Gaza to have a look
    Ive also seen a lot of the west bank
    If I had my choice it would be the west bank over gaza any day

Israel has the support of the largest military power in the world.

its not as rosy as everyone thinks

If Iran wanted to destroy Israel it certainly wouldn't do it through Hamas.

it will try thru every means possible

Hezbollah also do not have the capabilities to destroy Israel.
    maybe not completly but they could wreak havok along the northern border

Syria along with every country in the Arab League including Syria has offered peace and full normalisation of relations with Israel for it simply abiding by its international legal obligations
    who shelled who first ?

. Also, if there was a peace agreement support from Arab countries to Hezbollah and Hamas would cease.

no they need to be seen to be doing something against "the zionist entity" so backdoor support for these groups is how they do it

someday ill get the quote system here right and my posts wont be so hard to read apologies

Iran would lose in any war with Israel and I don't believe they are stupid enough to start one but thats another arguement as is the speculation about Hezbollah although Lebanon aslo agreed to the Arab League initiative.

Did Jordan and Egypt need to be seen to be doing something about the Zionist entity after they signed peace agreements with Israel? I don't see why this would be the case with Syria if a peace agreement was signed that removed the reason for the lack of a previous agreement, ie the Golan. You're just using paranoia as a reason to do nothing. If that was the case there would be no peace with Egypt and Jordan. All Arab states have agreed to a peace agreement. I see no reason to think they are just doing this as an elaborate ploy to have a go at Israel in an underhand way. Remove the cause of the conflict and the conflict will likely end.

In my opinion this is the best chance of a comprehensive peace in the region but Israel rejected it. Why? Well you have to ask them but in my opinion they want the land and do not want to abide by their obligations under international law.

Don Diego wrote: »
    What rubbish. Iran doesnt want to "wipe Israel off the map". Hezzbollah doesnt want to "wipe Israel off the map". Hezzbollah want Israel out of Lebanon. Israel keeps stealing their land. What would you do in similar circumstances?

Also, why is it ok for the US to arm Israel but its not ok for Syria/Iran to arm Hamas? Why cant they choose a side in the conflict? Complete double standards.

your really showing your complete lack of knoledge there

Israel isnt in lebannon I suggest you do your own research into Amejinidads speeches also Nassrallahs

the us armed Israel in responce to the USSR arming eygpt back in 73 check out the cold war for further information before that Israel got most of its weapons from france

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

The Irish Times have a feature on the Israeli Government calling up reservists.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/frontpage/2008/1229/1229728604137.html

Eerie photo goes with it, the way the child has focused on the camera.

12297286041371qb4.jpg

Hard to think what kind of thoughts are going through his mind, at that age.

Iran would lose in any war with Israel and I don't believe they are stupid enough to start one but thats another arguement

agreed

as is the speculation about Hezbollah although Lebanon aslo agreed to the Arab League initiative.

just look at 2006 war to see what chaos ensued along the northern border

Did Jordan and Egypt need to be seen to be doing something about the Zionist entity after they signed peace agreements with Israel?

not every one did I think it was Syrias pride as Israeli tanks were only 25 miles from damascus

I don't see why this would be the case with Syria if a peace agreement was signed that removed the reason for the lack of a previous agreement, ie the Golan. You're just using paranoia as a reason to do nothing. If that was the case there would be no peace with Egypt and Jordan. All Arab states have agreed to a peace agreement. I see no reason to think they are just doing this as an elaborate ploy to have a go at Israel in an underhand way. Remove the cause of the conflict and the conflict will likely end.

I think we should leave that for now and another thread

In my opinion this is the best chance of a comprehensive peace in the region but Israel rejected it. Why? Well you have to ask them but in my opinion they want the land and do not want to abide by their obligations under international law.

again another thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭patser grey

thats quite a tale there when does the next book come out

These are facts my friend, prove one point i made wrong, I can debate this all night, and you say Palestinians voted a terrorist movement, look at Israels atrocities instead of ignoring them, thats a terrorist organisation elected by its people
    And Iran, who has Iran invaded?

Oh and dont expect too much "Change" from obama, he was financed through his campaign by wealthy New York zionist jews.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

well, the president of Iran, his name escapes me at the moment, has claimed many times that he wanted Isreal wiped off the map. whether he said HE personally wanted to do it i cant say

Amalgam wrote: »

Eerie photo goes with it, the way the child has focused on the camera.

12297286041371qb4.jpg

Hard to think what kind of thoughts are going through his mind, at that age.

perhaps he is thinking of what is on tv right now
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSwpAX1xvrc&feature=related

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭KyussBishop

Amalgam wrote: »

They also have an article from the Israeli ambassador to Ireland:
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/opinion/2008/1229/1229728603878.html

It would be nice to see him expelled as a more meaningful protest against Israel's military campaign, though I guess that's quite an unrealistic prospect (not without a large public calling for expulsion, in any case...maybe someone could organize a petition?;)).

• Advertisement

well, the president of Iran, his name escapes me at the moment, has claimed many times that he wanted Isreal wiped off the map. whether he said HE personally wanted to do it i cant say

Incorrect. This has been proved false. He never said he wanted "Israel wiped off the map" That was an incorrect translation which has been confirmed the world over. What he said was "that zionism as an ideology, like communism, would soon vanish from the pages of history". No mention of map, Israel or wiping off of.

And yet, Israel continues to galvanise such hatred...

These are facts my friend, prove one point i made wrong, I can debate this all night, and you say Palestinians voted a terrorist movement, look at Israels atrocities instead of ignoring them, thats a terrorist organisation elected by its people
    And Iran, who has Iran invaded?

Oh and dont expect too much "Change" from obama, he was financed through his campaign by wealthy New York zionist jews.

I think you should post that in conspiricy thories
    thats all it is

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Is the child in the Irish Times photograph responsible for the clip you linked to?

Try to loosen your blinkers a little.

ist23411719horsewithblibw5.jpg

I dont know but wouldnt be surprised. He has already stated during the election that America is a friend of Israel and would continue to support them. I guess this means that the status quo will be maintained.

Incorrect. This has been proved false. He never said he wanted "Israel wiped off the map" That was an incorrect translation which has been confirmed the world over. What he said was "that zionism as an ideology, like communism, would soon vanish from the pages of history". No mention of map, Israel or wiping off of.

Sorry but youre wrong he has said it a lot and there have been more than one translation that shows it try google theres plenty of his speeches on it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

I think you should post that in conspiricy thories
    thats all it is

would it even go as far as a conspiricy? there is a large jewish vote in america, simple as that.

and Don Diego, thanks for correcting me over that iran thing:)

While I agree that such programmes directed at children are disgusting I think kids growing up and living through the occupation has a more radicalising effect than some TV show. I wonder which will have more of an impact on the children of Gaza, a TV show or the bombing?

And yet, Israel continues to galvanise such hatred...

Do you see a trend here ?

• Advertisement

as is everyone here
    You're describing what you'd hope would be your mindset if you were a Palestinian living in the OT, however that's not the same as actually putting yourself in their shoes.

Advertisement