Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sniper rifle

Options
  • 27-12-2008 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭

Could someone please recommend a bolt action sniper rifle that has good range and accuracy? I was thinking of a marui VSR 10 G-Spec. Anyone have any oppinions of them or if you could recomend a different rifle please help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭moggser

jigsaw 1 wrote: »
    Could someone please recommend a bolt action sniper rifle that has good range and accuracy? I was thinking of a marui VSR 10 G-Spec. Anyone have any oppinions of them or if you could recomend a different rifle please help

cant go far off the mark with this one pardon the pun

http://www.eirsoft.ie/store/product_info.php?cPath=38&products_id=273

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭amaughan

ca m24 fluted barrel sniper in mia or se airsoft

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭jigsaw 1

What upgrades could be done to a tokyo marui VSR 10 G-Spec to improve accuracy and range?
    Cheers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

BAR10 all the way, its cheap, well built, feels lovely with the rubberized finish and is compatible with all TM VSR upgrades. i have one myself and the range on it is impressive.,

vtec wrote: »
    BAR10 all the way, its cheap, well built, feels lovely with the rubberized finish and is compatible with all TM VSR upgrades. i have one myself and the range on it is impressive.,
    Would the tokyo marui be better they are 140 pounds on fire support.co.uk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

Tbh theres parts of the vsr that are better then the bar and parts of the bar that are better then the vsr

With the vsr the entire things aluminum which is making it quieter then the bar (which is made of steel).

The innner barrel on the bar is a tighterbore but isnt a great quality barrel and doesnt come with barrel spacers which makes a siginifcant reduction in the noise While the vsr does and has a higher quality inner barrel

and finaly the hop on the vsr is a hell of alot better especialy if you stick a firelfy rubber in

Personaly if i had the cash to burn I'd get both and make a mix between the two

But like amaughan said there is the CA M24 which is just pure sexy which its weight and lovely flutted barrel although I've heard from people they have problems with the hop up.

But there is the favoured by many aps-2 but they only make the L96 version now which personaly I cant stand(unless its the aw338 that gun just looks fantastic :P)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

would the tokyo marui be better than the jing gong bar 10

Its nicer quality, but its also a fair bit more expensive, personally i chose to just get the BAR10 and do some slight mods to it to make it a great rifle., The BAR10 comes in around 320-325fps whereas the TM will be around the 260-280mark.,

go for a BAR10, get a new hop rubber from ehobby and maybe a TM silencer, thats basically what ive gone with and the rifle is brilliant., :)

Its nicer quality, but its also a fair bit more expensive, personally i chose to just get the BAR10 and do some slight mods to it to make it a great rifle., The BAR10 comes in around 320-325fps whereas the TM will be around the 260-280mark.,

go for a BAR10, get a new hop rubber from ehobby and maybe a TM silencer, thats basically what ive gone with and the rifle is brilliant., :)

The tokyo marui is 140 british pounds on fire support.co.uk so would i be a better buy?

that sounds a bit cheap, any idea what their gonna charge ya for postage?

• Advertisement

that sounds a bit cheap, any idea what their gonna charge ya for postage?

I heard about 20 for an aeg?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

20 max from fire support

Puding wrote: »
    20 max from fire support

is that just for an aeg or extras as well eg. mags, bb

Any upgrades that need to be done to the tokyo marui vsr?

Not really other then the spring to bring it up to 328 but there is the option of a tight bore barrel but its nt completely nessecary

Not really other then the spring to bring it up to 328 but there is the option of a tight bore barrel but its nt completely nessecary

Would the tasco from airsofteire be a good scope for it?
    Could you recommend a bipod for it ?
    What weight BBs work best in it?
    Cheers

Yeah the tasco scope they have is pretty good assuming its one I bought a year ago and grab some low profile mounts makes it really nice, the bipod is a personal preferance I've personaly never used one but there are occasions where I would have liked one in terms of bbs anything from .25-.3

Is it hard to install a new spring in the tm

jigsaw 1 wrote: »
    Is it hard to install a new spring in the tm

Nah its not that bad all you need is a hammer, nail, drill and vice grips. Heres a guide on how to do it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ynrxBi7Sg0

Basicly theres a little bolty thingy(yes that is the technical term :P) holding the cylinder head in place so stick the bolt in the vice grips and take a nail to the bolty thingy then use your drill to drill out the bolty thingy. When your done that you can take off the cylinder head then simply take out the piston and spring and stick in the new spring put the piston on top. Then get a screw driver and jam down the spring a bit makes it much easier. after that stick the cylinder head back on lube the bolt a bit and your sorted

• Advertisement

Nah its not that bad all you need is a hammer, nail, drill and vice grips. Heres a guide on how to do it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ynrxBi7Sg0

Basicly theres a little bolty thingy(yes that is the technical term :P) holding the cylinder head in place so stick the bolt in the vice grips and take a nail to the bolty thingy then use your drill to drill out the bolty thingy. When your done that you can take off the cylinder head then simply take out the piston and spring and stick in the new spring put the piston on top. Then get a screw driver and jam down the spring a bit makes it much easier. after that stick the cylinder head back on lube the bolt a bit and your sorted

Is there anything else that is needed ?.New hop up cylinder head.

A new cylinder head isn't needed a new hop wouldn't hurt but its hardly necessary

Does anyone know where to get dummy rifle rounds? Im looking for 7 of them for a cheek pad for a TM vsr.
    Cheers

Army Bargains, just off Caple street in town.,

Army Bargains, just off Caple street in town.,

Thanks vtec but im from kilkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 7,638 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭IIIAcHmEdIII

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭Tomebagel

im willing to take the crappy red dot scope of ya!!

• Advertisement

Would a 3 point sling work with a G-spec?
    Cheers

Advertisement