Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Glanza

• 27-12-2008 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hey Lads,

When ur driving and you push the button for turbo to go from low to high, does that do anything to the turbo when driving??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

keno88 wrote: »
    Hey Lads,

When ur driving and you push the button for turbo to go from low to high, does that do anything to the turbo when driving??

yes, it would make the turbo go from its idle/low reving ( 80-125k revs ) to upwards of 250k ( depending on turbo power/quality )

make sure your engine is heated up before doing so....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Erebus

S.I.R wrote: »
    yes, it would make the turbo go from its idle/low reving ( 80-125k revs ) to upwards of 250k ( depending on turbo power/quality )

b*****it it does, it just changes the level of boost so instead of boost max .65 bar you boost max .45 bar.

feck sake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 gem25x

mine came off the boat and couldnt figure out why boost button not doin anything, had apexi AVC-R and few bits done but the guys on the boat robbed the screen so i was none the wiser till i pulled out the glove box when i was installing cd player - nicely surprised let me tell you!!!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Erebus wrote: »
    b*****it it does, it just changes the level of boost so instead of boost max .65 bar you boost max .45 bar.

feck sake.

as above, it changes what boost your turbo will run, ie. low at .5 bar and high at .9 bar or whatever the standard boost level is in a glanza.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

gem25x wrote: »
    mine came off the boat and couldnt figure out why boost button not doin anything, had apexi AVC-R and few bits done but the guys on the boat robbed the screen so i was none the wiser till i pulled out the glove box when i was installing cd player - nicely surprised let me tell you!!!!

Was never a hugh Glanza fan but was in one a few weeks ago, very suprised at how quick they were, did you import it yourself? How much did ya pay for it incl vrt if you dont mind me askin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

japzeye wrote: »
    God, I hate boyracer scummers with your silly little cars:pac::pac::pac:

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 japzeye

:)
    Duff wrote: »
    ;)

japzeye wrote: »
    :)
    another great post

hks actuator would remove the hi-lo boost
    did you get a replace screen ? or did they just cut the wiring ?

• Advertisement

Duff wrote: »
    ;)

duff u turn coat ;~)

draffodx wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

ody, whats that suppose to mean ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭joeperry

Arent glanzas the same as my grandads starlet?

joeperry wrote: »
    Arent glanzas the same as my grandads starlet?

yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

duff u turn coat ;~)

Just winking at him because he appears to know EVERYTHING about Glanzas and their drivers.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

ody, whats that suppose to mean ?

As in rolling my eyes to the heavens at S.I.R's total lack of education on the matter and yet he still posts totally wrong information

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭keno88

but does it do anything to the turbo from going low to high

when driving like does it F**K it up when changed it when driving??

NO, it will not break anything if you press the hi/lo turbo button while driving, you've been watch too many Knightrider episodes ;)

**If you are running a none modified setup** by changing to low the actuator on the side of the turbo does not open as much causing the wastegate to open less and the turbo to spin slower and reduce the psi of air to the throttle body.

on s modified engine with different manifolds, air intakes, decats etc you probably will see boost creep which is for another thread.

Grahamo999 wrote: »
    Was never a hugh Glanza fan but was in one a few weeks ago, very suprised at how quick they were, did you import it yourself? How much did ya pay for it incl vrt if you dont mind me askin?

sorry havent been on in a few days, only saw msgs now.

bought it off a crowd in carrigaline not sayin who, got seriously taken for a ride with the money i paid for it, it was 3 yrs ago when they were makin big enough money though, actually cant bring myself to say the crazy money paid :mad: but well worth it.

am a toyota girl all the way, ya you'd be surprised at how quick they are, pocket rockets:D:D you'd pick one up fairly cheap and VRT shouldnt be too bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

VRT for a Glanza is at the highest rate. low OMSP means reasonable VRT though.

• Advertisement

hks actuator would remove the hi-lo boost
    did you get a replace screen ? or did they just cut the wiring ?

found a power FC behind the glove box so got a hand controller for that:D

they only literally pulled the wires for AVC-R screen so just got another screen, know u can do more tweaking and ecu set up with power FC controller but what can i say - im a gadget girl and wanted the screen up on my dash:p:p

colm_mcm wrote: »
    VRT for a Glanza is at the highest rate

really? apologies, retract my previous VRT statement

sorry havent been on in a few days, only saw msgs now.

bought it off a crowd in carrigaline not sayin who, got seriously taken for a ride with the money i paid for it, it was 3 yrs ago when they were makin big enough money though, actually cant bring myself to say the crazy money paid :mad: but well worth it.

am a toyota girl all the way, ya you'd be surprised at how quick they are, pocket rockets:D:D you'd pick one up fairly cheap and VRT shouldnt be too bad

any idea on the other modifications ? could be why it was priced high ;) .

any idea on the other modifications ? could be why it was priced high ;) .

FMIC, uprated fuel pump, TEIN-flex coilovers, carbon bonnet with functioning clips, reverse scoop bonnet vent, turbo timer, apexi power FC and AVC-R screen, 15'' reigamasters (spelled that wrong i know)
    but to name a few bits and pieces :p:p:p

FMIC, uprated fuel pump, TEIN-flex coilovers, carbon bonnet with functioning clips, reverse scoop bonnet vent, turbo timer, apexi power FC and AVC-R screen, 15'' reigamasters (spelled that wrong i know)
    but to name a few bits and pieces :p:p:p

:DMad yoke and any idea on what kind of turbo ... ? and what boost you running ?

:DMad yoke and any idea on what kind of turbo ... ? and what boost you running ?

sold it couple of months ago, passed it in wilton the other day and nearly burst into tears :(:(:( miss it so much.......

wanted to up grade it and put a stage two turbo in it but didnt have the money to do it, lotta work to upgrade to that like.
    she was running at .7 bar, didnt wanna fla the engine ya know? was never one to dog my car. still lethal quick though:D:D

know she'd have run on 1bar for me with tweaking of power fc but wouldnt want her on a bar every day like!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

colm_mcm wrote: »
    VRT for a Glanza is at the highest rate. low OMSP means reasonable VRT though.

VRT is €918 for a turbo and about €500 for a non-turbo. Brought in a Glanza last October.

as this depends on the year of the car best to use the calculator here..
    https://www.ros.ie/VRTEnquiryServlet/showCarCalculator

Advertisement