Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY chimney sweeping

Options
  • 27-12-2008 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭

I recall seeing a fireplace cover online with a small opening in the centre to feed the rods through to sweep the chimney from the bottom up. Is anyone familiar with this?

I've got a chimney closer on my chimney pot so this would have to be removed in order to clean the chimney from the top down, which is awkward and time consuming.

Does anyone know of a fireplace cover and/or have they cleaned the chimney from the bottom up before?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

My husband usually attaches a black plastic sack to the surround with masking tape and cuts a slit in it for the brush. It works really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Just make sure the brushes dont hit the chimney closer when you're sweeping from the bottom, otherwise you might find a climb is necessary to resecure it.

Advertisement