Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pictures (Dialup death)

Options
  • 27-12-2008 6:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭

IMG_9284.jpg

IMG_9295.jpg

IMG_9292.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

So he knew that Internal Affairs were setting him up all along?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

What are the pics about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭rstans

What's this about?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Am going to give this 24 hours. if it don't start making sense I will nuke it and ban the OP for posting garbage here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭soldering iron

Am going to give this 24 hours. if it don't start making sense I will nuke it and ban the OP for posting garbage here.

I was in limerick, i took afew pictures.if it offend you lot to look at some picture of your city by all mean take down the pictures.:o:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

I think theres at least 1 million better photos you can take of limerick city than that, maybe photography isint for you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

You took a picture of Garryowen, a City Borough sign and an alcoholics wet house in St Johns Square.

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

I was in limerick, i took afew pictures.if it offend you lot to look at some picture of your city by all mean take down the pictures.:o:p

I don't follow. what is the point of these pictures, what message are you trying to convey, are these the only pictures you took in Limerick, would you care to share all pictures you tok in Limerick so as to give context to the three you already posted?

Like I said, it makes no sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,314 ✭✭✭✭phog

There's a photography forum on boards.ie and they might be interested in reviewing your pics but from a Limerick pov they're not without your commentry.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

second shot is blurry, play with your ISO settings.

hope this helps. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

IMHO you're being too generous with 24 hours,.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

What a ridiculous thread.

Your photos are crap.

they have no focus, the compostion is **** and they are plain boring.
    You didn't even get a local knack on a horse.

Berty wrote: »
    You took a picture of Garryowen, a City Borough sign and an alcoholics wet house in St Johns Square.

Why?

talk about opening a hornets nest, it st john boy scout hall, Garryowen is where i lived, and the bourough sign was on the way to the Corbally baths.

talk about opening a hornets nest, it st john boy scout hall,

On the left of the picture with the wreath on the door is the alcoholic wet house. We used to have the off license around the corner and had to call the Gardai many a time on the occupants of that wet house. Thursday was a busy day when WE(society) would give them drinking money through the social welfare.

On the left of the picture with the wreath on the door is the alcoholic wet house. We used to have the off license around the corner and had to call the Gardai many a time on the occupants of that wet house. Thursday was a busy day when WE(society) would give them drinking money through the social welfare.

In fairness the majority of the photo is of St. John's Scout hall.

phog wrote: »
    In fairness the majority of the photo is of St. John's Scout hall.

I does not mean I should not critique the picture.

It also contains an SUV in the foreground amongst other things but I decided to point out that it contains a wet house because its not something the OP would have been aware of.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Can we close it down now....the thread I mean:D

I does not mean I should not critique the picture.

It also contains an SUV in the foreground amongst other things but I decided to point out that it contains a wet house because its not something the OP would have been aware of.[/QUOTE]

and you know that because........................??????

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

Fuc*in hell, the guy just posted a few photos of Limerick, in a Limerick forum. Why is everyone gettin' hot and bothered, I dont think there is anything sinister in that, maybe he is being nostalgic or whatever, fuc*in chill boys, its Christmas....:D

• Advertisement

acalmenvoy wrote: »
    Fuc*in hell, the guy just posted a few photos of Limerick, in a Limerick forum. Why is everyone gettin' hot and bothered, I dont think there is anything sinister in that, maybe he is being nostalgic or whatever, fuc*in chill boys, its Christmas....:D

I'll chill you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭anoble66

no problem with the pics other than u should blur out the number plates on the cars if your going to put them on a public site.

thank you sir!

i visited the corbally baths the same day, it saddened my heart to see this icon of the 60/early 70's gone to ruin.When we where young you learned to swim in the shannon feilds, you the progressed to the corbally baths.You could not go to the main bath's you honed your swimming skillss on the left by the bridge, before you progressed to the main bath's.Now when you swam in the main bath's you felt as if you where 10 feet tall, or it was the equivalent of been allowed a free pass into "Mac's" sweet shop.The guy's that could swim over to the other side "well" theoe guy;s where considered the "quarterbacks" of the corbally baths in our very young minds.

IMG_9300.jpg

IMG_9302.jpg

IMG_9311.jpg

If you had prefaced your original photos with a bit of a spiff like above I'm sure you would have gotten a more positive reaction, rather than just sticking up 3 poor quality seemingly random photos of places in Limerick.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

thank you sir!

i visited the corbally baths the same day, it saddened my heart to see this icon of the 60/early 70's gone to ruin.When we where young you learned to swim in the shannon feilds, you the progressed to the corbally baths.You could not go to the main bath's you honed your swimming skillss on the left by the bridge, before you progressed to the main bath's.Now when you swam in the main bath's you felt as if you where 10 feet tall, or it was the equivalent of been allowed a free pass into "Mac's" sweet shop.The guy's that could swim over to the other side "well" theoe guy;s where considered the "quarterbacks" of the corbally baths in our very young minds.

[IM.G]http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u134/pbr_2007/IMG_9300.jpg[/IM.G]*

[IM.G]http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u134/pbr_2007/IMG_9302.jpg[/IM.G]*

[IM.G]http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u134/pbr_2007/IMG_9311.jpg[/IM.G]*

This is a much better post than the one with which you started this thread. There's context, history and opinion, instead of just 3 seemingly random pictures. Well done for the improvement in quality also.

There used to be an annual, unofficial Photos of Limerick competition on this forum, maybe keep that in mind for the next time you post up pictures :)

*IMG tags edited to reduce post-size

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    I'll chill you

Mmmmm... Sounds nice, PM me with details, can't wait.....:p

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    I'll chill you
    Mmmmm... Sounds nice, PM me with details, can't wait.....:p

Get a Room :D

Better pictures this time.

I grew up in Shannon banks so have vivid memories of the baths prior to them being knocked down. The previous access to the baths was limited and then closed off because of late night "boy racers".

The pinkness of the pink path dissapeared over the years but it was a great location and escape route for us from St Munchins College.

I wonder if people still do the Christmas day swim and new years day swim in the baths.

I must revist the baths and take a walk out along the weir.

Brings back memories. Thank you OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I used to visit my grandparents in Corbally, used to love going down by the baths! Or walking along the banks!

Much better post.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheLoc

This has wasted all of 5 minutes of my life. why don't you go to africa, take some pictures, then log back into Boards.ie, then read some threads and shove the pics right up your arse. nobody gives a toss...

Advertisement