Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pictures (Dialup death)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheLoc

If you had prefaced your original photos with a bit of a spiff like above I'm sure you would have gotten a more positive reaction, rather than just sticking up 3 poor quality seemingly random photos of places in Limerick

Well said

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭RINO87

can we use this thread as a place for people to post pics they have taken of limerick? would make for great discussion, never mind the composition of the pics, thats for the photagraphy forum, but i think it'd be cool to see peoples snaps of the city, some of the ones turning up lately (o'malley pk tour etc.) have been in my opinion really interesting. i'll throw up some of my own snaps of the city tomoro.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Just a pic of the pig n porter that takes place in the city every summer!

n623843383_1116225_1363.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

acalmenvoy wrote: »
    Fuc*in hell, the guy just posted a few photos of Limerick, in a Limerick forum. Why is everyone gettin' hot and bothered, I dont think there is anything sinister in that, maybe he is being nostalgic or whatever, fuc*in chill boys, its Christmas....:D

+1

Ye're a great little bitching Clan at times children :rolleyes: OP ignore them please - some people here will certainly welcome your contribution to a sub-forum that is usually painfully quiet - why they want to be seen to be chasing off their one daily poster is beyond me.....

OP sorry to go off topic......Ref. the Garryowen shot, was really struck at how they knew the importance, value and basic need for an adequate sized green area that long ago..... Somebody should drive McInerney, Chieftain and all the other profiteering cu*ts architects of our suburban sprawl modern day planning down there and explain that house buying couple very often DO have children. It was, is and will be simple, WE will allow you to build X hundred shoebox-sized munchkin-houses with paper-thin walls and miniature gardens, IF you agree to include the odd appropriately sized green area and put up the odd slide or swing set etc...... Makes you kind of glad they're all fcuked now really......

- Where the vacuous, moronic, lazy fools in the Planning Office comes into this whole equation I can't even begin to imagine :rolleyes:

MY area is Dooradoyle and my nearest Park is......?....... The Peoples Park - which interestingly seems smaller these days due to the Limerick Planning Office drones cheering for some reprobate as he built eyesore apartments and a Pharmacy on it - 'cause we needed more of them didn't we???

TheLoc wrote: »
    This has wasted all of 5 minutes of my life. why don't you go to africa, take some pictures, then log back into Boards.ie, then read some threads and shove the pics right up your arse. nobody gives a toss...

Post reported.

Why double-post? Please learn to quote stuff too so it reads back logically. I personally got a lot more out of the original post than I did out of your angry-little-man spam posts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭soldering iron

This has wasted all of 5 minutes of my life. why don't you go to africa, take some pictures, then log back into Boards.ie, then read some threads and shove the pics right up your arse. nobody gives a toss...

:P:P;)

Raiser wrote: »
    +1

Ye're a great little bitching Clan at times children :rolleyes: OP ignore them please - some people here will certainly welcome your contribution to a sub-forum that is usually painfully quiet - why they want to be seen to be chasing off their one daily poster is beyond me.....

OP sorry to go off topic......Ref. the Garryowen shot, was really struck at how they knew the importance, value and basic need for an adequate sized green area that long ago..... Somebody should drive McInerney, Chieftain and all the other profiteering cu*ts architects of our suburban sprawl modern day planning down there and explain that house buying couple very often DO have children. It was, is and will be simple, WE will allow you to build X hundred shoebox-sized munchkin-houses with paper-thin walls and miniature gardens, IF you agree to include the odd appropriately sized green area and put up the odd slide or swing set etc...... Makes you kind of glad they're all fcuked now really......

- Where the vacuous, moronic, lazy fools in the Planning Office comes into this whole equation I can't even begin to imagine :rolleyes:

MY area is Dooradoyle and my nearest Park is......?....... The Peoples Park - which interestingly seems smaller these days due to the Limerick Planning Office drones cheering for some reprobate as he built eyesore apartments and a Pharmacy on it - 'cause we needed more of them didn't we???

I will be in Dooradoyle collage tomorrow, rugby Match.I may chance a few more pictures from that side of the city,weather permitting.I will keep the picture's of garryowen proper off this tread,anyway happy new year to all the people of Limerick from Waterford.

PS: what's o.p.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

PS: what's o.p.

O.P = Opening Poster.

There are a lot of weird acronyms so just type them into Google or the Urban dictionary for results.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭RINO87

just a few pics i had on this computer, just some shots of limerick, im not making any attempt at being a photograher here, so comments about how i didnt set the shot up right etc will be wasted on me:)

edit: how do i get the pictures to appear with my comment, like the previous ones?

RINO87 wrote: »
    edit: how do i get the pictures to appear with my comment, like the previous ones?

Edit your post. Click on advanced. You need to put this on a website. Try photobucket or similar. Get the embedded URL of the picture and click on insert picture in the advanced section of your message and paste the picture.

Boom and your done.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

just a few pics i had on this computer, just some shots of limerick, im not making any attempt at being a photograher here, so comments about how i didnt set the shot up right etc will be wasted on me:)

That's a fantastic picture Rino, nicely done.

Here is a picture just outside of Mountshannon. Not Limerick I know for those pedantic pats.

PICT0591.jpg

PICT0590.jpg

Here is a picture taken at Christs Saddle on Carrauntohill mountain. As only 2% of the population have ever been up there I thought you might want to have a look.

PICT0275.jpg

PICT0283.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

TheLoc: If you can't post anything constructive, then don't bother posting at all.

nice pic, just used it for my desktop

Mr E wrote: »
    TheLoc: If you can't post anything constructive, then don't bother posting at all.
    Go way will ye and some being such little nerds. Everyone has been complaining about this. Not just me. Any way I only posted twice. I never read down the thread since I was busy working.
    Jesus people are such losers sometimes it shocking. Who gives a toss if I posted twice??? does it ruin everyone's life? Does everyone's life rotate around boards? ****in muppets. I don't really care who's who but if ye complain about stupid little things like this maybe, I dunno, YOU NEED TO GET OUT MORE. muppets

Pics are getting nicer by the way and the thread is making more sense. Cheers

Raiser: you are a loser for that stupid comment. I can't believe you reported something like that. You must a nob! sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Go way will ye and some being such little nerds. Everyone has been complaining about this. Not just me. Any way I only posted twice. I never read down the thread since I was busy working.
    Jesus people are such losers sometimes it shocking. Who gives a toss if I posted twice??? does it ruin everyone's life? Does everyone's life rotate around boards? ****in muppets. I don't really care who's who but if ye complain about stupid little things like this maybe, I dunno, YOU NEED TO GET OUT MORE. muppets

Raiser: you are a loser for that stupid comment. I can't believe you reported something like that. You must a nob! sorry.
    lol.
    cold up there?
    high_horse.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Go way will ye and some being such little nerds.
    I'm probably twice your age, genius. We're trying to keep things friendly here.
    Keep it up and you'll get a ban. If you think the pics are getting better now, imagine how great its going to be here when you get back from a nice little break! Something to look forward to.

Billy would have banned you by now (and I wouldn't be surprised if he does ban you when he sees the 3 or 4 reported posts from this thread alone).

Last warning....

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭YourName

Yeh lads cop on here, bit of photography, no need to freak out about it. Some people are just t***k around here, and think they own the place, if you don't like the thread then ust go onto something else, don't bother postin.

Don't mind them OP, and fair f**ks for standing up to them and posting more, this thread could turn out to be pretty good actually.

Keep it up lads, and the rest, just go off and get a life, posting c**p ! !!

Mr E wrote: »
    I'm probably twice your age, genius. We're trying to keep things friendly here.

Keep it up and you'll get a ban. If you think the pics are getting better now, imagine how great its going to be here when you get back from a nice little break! Something to look forward to.

Billy would have banned you by now (and I wouldn't be surprised if he does ban you when he sees the 3 or 4 reported posts from this thread alone).

Last warning....
    Ok firstly. My First Post said: this wasted 5 mins of my life... This is because there were 3 photos randomly posted with no explanation. So it did.
    My second post actually quoted what someone else said previously and stated "well said".
    So what is wrong with this? they are not bad posts. So being reported by someone for that is sad!
    The thread suddenly makes more sense now and the thread is good. I don't understand why u quoted something nice I said and said "Keep it up and you'll get a ban.". Does this make sense?
    In my third post I was pissed off that people were talking beans about my post. and rightly so because I said nothing wrong. I may have over-reacted but don't u think the person who reported me OVER-REACTED for no apparent reason. I don't really care if u are twice the age I am.... again your not making sense.
    Finally, If I'm banned for expressing an opinion that is not as bad as Raiser is pointing out, then that is also pretty sad.
    No I will go back to the pics, The pics of Kerry (think its kerry, didn't get a chance to read the caption) are sensational. well done OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Your post was reported because you told him to stick his pictures up his arse.

I have infracted you for that post, and I'm going to infract you again for questioning mod actions in thread rather than via PM.

Bans will follow from here on in.

• Advertisement

Your post was reported because you told him to stick his pictures up his arse.

I have infracted you for that post, and I'm going to infract you again for questioning mod actions in thread rather than via PM.

Bans will follow from here on in.
    Haha. fair enough. Sorry :)

Here's a couple from in and around Limerick City,apologies if there's too many

Schuman Building,UL
    B5E809E01440482A8D4845294F7CF0F5-500.jpg

Ardnacrusha
    C6E72E6A17B4438787019B66A44EFA34-500.jpg

25EE7500367645EEAB990CDCF7459351-500.jpg

Curraghchase House (some interior pics here:http://pix.ie/limerickstudent/album/322860/goto/627795)
    5C0E056904DA41D2824EE0CE2E2EB37F-500.jpg

Barrington's Pier
    AEB631ADD1B14856B4803285DBFDFC82-500.jpg

A0C222E0F1694D58A511DFA5B98938F4-500.jpg

UL Canal Path
    8B19A52551B7492297CACEBA50CA7A9B-500.jpg

Castle Troy
    5843632C4EE5463AB17EC272334A0958-500.jpg

Plassey Mill
    B37E65C5767544EDBEE2140941FA7C17-500.jpg

Cratloe Woods
    8D8D2EFD3C53499ABAFEF608CA1A81AA-500.jpg

Rockstown,Ballyneety
    8741DEACBA4E4B528B3F825CE4F690EC-500.jpg

Truly breathtaking pics there Ibaniz

Class pictures man. the schuman building and the picture with the grafity are quality. actually they're all quality.

Anyway, back on topic - some really nice shots here; was always tempted to climb a wall or two and explore Curraghchase house actually so thanks for saving me the trouble Deleted User. Anyone have any decent links, photos of the history etc.? Searched one time, but found very little online about the house or area.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Here's a couple from in and around Limerick City,apologies if there's too many

Those really are fantastic pictures.

I've a project planned for the next few weeks, will be taking photographs of as many local landmarks as possible, if anybody wants to join in PM me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Azphyxi8

Hey An Fhile, I'm interested. I'll send ya a pm.

An Fhile wrote: »

I've a project planned for the next few weeks, will be taking photographs of as many local landmarks as possible, if anybody wants to join in PM me.

I would like to go , but the time and distance,can be a problem;)

The people that benifit the most are the Exiles, individual that have left Limerick, and would still like to see their home City& county.

IMG_9297.jpg

IMG_9269.jpg

IMG_9277.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,314 ✭✭✭✭phog

Depending on your timing I'd be interested. PM Sent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

I would advise you to get your hands on the regeneration masterplan, make a list of all the landmarks they have indicated will be demolished or changed, and photograph them first. things like Our Lady of Lourdes church for example.

Advertisement