Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pictures (Dialup death)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I would advise you to get your hands on the regeneration masterplan, make a list of all the landmarks they have indicated will be demolished or changed, and photograph them first. things like Our Lady of Lourdes church for example.

Then later make a book of Limerick pictures, sell it at Christmas every year and make a fortune. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Berty wrote: »
    Then later make a book of Limerick pictures, sell it at Christmas every year and make a fortune. :D
    Isnt someone already doing that, I could of sworn I seen a book of old pictures of Limerick last week downstairs in Easons.

It was very good too actually.

1huge1 wrote: »
    Isnt someone already doing that, I could of sworn I seen a book of old pictures of Limerick last week downstairs in Easons.

It was sarcasm. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

1huge1 wrote: »

There's a fantastic publication that comes out every year or two, my Dad's been getting them for years. There's always some great shots. I think it's The Old Limerick Journal, but I'm not too sure. Whatever it's called, it's part of the inspiration for my idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

Fantastic pics Inibaz, but just wondering, whats the lands poisoned sign all about? Makes it look like its a nuclear power station. Great pic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Berty wrote: »
    It was sarcasm. :rolleyes:
    Doesnt change my point that theres a good book of old pictures of Limerick in easons...

This building in itself will not be around much longer so I thought I would take a picture whilst it is still standing.

PICT0714.jpg

And whilst I was there here is another two

PICT0715.jpg

PICT0716.jpg

Not technically of Limerick but heck the Ardnacrusha power plant is also not Limerick.

This land is currently being dug up so these few items will soon disappear.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

theres an abandoned plane?! where?! why?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheLoc

zuroph wrote: »
    theres an abandoned plane?! where?! why?
    Yea where is that. it would be class to take a gawk at it. try and get into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Kablam

Surley out in Shannon is it?

• Advertisement

TheLoc wrote: »
    Yea where is that. it would be class to take a gawk at it. try and get into it.

Can I be there when you try? Its on the airport land over a high wire fence you cannot see because I put the camera through it and then a chest high jump over the second barbed wire.
    Kablam wrote: »
    Surley out in Shannon is it?

Its right at the edge of the airport property just past westair. It is basically outside the airports oldest private terminal. I did not take a picture of these but you can still see the visa,mastercard stickers on the window except the roof has caved in.

The rear flaps and rudder were flapping around in the wind banging from left to right. The old steps, you cant just make out, are still near the plane.

Head to the little roundabout just before you go towards the security kiosk and turn into the industrial estate. Kept left, turn left head past westair. You will see the hangar on the right and right down the end is the airplane.(or whats left of it)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Shouldnt be too hard to clip the fence! I mean hippies did manage to get through didnt they?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

The aircraft was bought by the airport authority ages ago- its used for rescue services training.

Why you'd want to go into it sparkysrovers I dunno, its dark damp and it stinks inside...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Some pictures of Carraig Uí gConnaill, just outside Ballybrown, taken on New Year's Eve.

And a few more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭soldering iron

Can you give any information on what happened to this house, was it a civil war casualty.

Who’s the mystery lady in the white coat?;)

The aircraft was bought by the airport authority ages ago- its used for rescue services training.

Why you'd want to go into it sparkysrovers I dunno, its dark damp and it stinks inside...

I didnt say I wanted to go into it?! Just advising the loc and berty on how to possibly gain access :D

Fhile, I think the shots would be better if the person wasnt stand in them, just my humble opinion

For some jam donuts.

Was walkin the dog at lunchtime down at UL. 2 horses sprinted on the pitch from nowhere. they literally sprinted on from the main road side by side. only in limerick.

Can you give any information on what happened to this house, was it a civil war casualty.

Who’s the mystery lady in the white coat?;)

I've been trying to find out more about the site, but there's no mention of it either on Wiki or the first 7/8 pages of Google.

That lady is my mother. End of discussion! :mad: :D
    Fhile, I think the shots would be better if the person wasnt stand in them, just my humble opinion

You're probably right Sparky, and in future I will be putting more thought into my photos. I included her in a few of them just for scaling purposes, showing how high the walls were, etc. It was my first time using the new camera, I was just excited to be taking pictures! :D

• Advertisement

What camera you have? And are you really into the photography?

History bit here fhile

Click here beeatch

What camera you have? And are you really into the photography?

Fuji FinePix J10.
    My first camera. Got it for Christmas, will probably end up using it more for nights out than anything else. That said, I like to think I've a good eye for visual beauty, so hopefully I'll turn photography into a serious interest over time.
    History bit here fhile

Click here beeatch

Great find! Thanks. I'll bookmark that for reference.

An Fhile wrote: »
    Fuji FinePix J10.
    My first camera. Got it for Christmas, will probably end up using it more for nights out than anything else.

Same as I do! I have two cameras at home, would love to go out some day and take pics! When i get alloys on my car, gonna take some pics at some places around Limerick

An Fhile wrote: »
    Great find! Thanks. I'll bookmark that for reference.

I knew I saw something before about it but you had it in the Irish writing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭RINO87

one of my mates homeplace is near that castle, took a photo of it one day on the way to ballybunion!
    ballybunion140.jpg

took this on the beach in ballybunion, a few of us camped on the beach there last march, was bloody freezing!
    ballybunion166.jpg

...some taken fron clancy strand
    May-august039.jpg

flare from a streetlight kind of ruined this one
    May-august040.jpg

another of the clarion and the bridge
    May-august047.jpg

arthurs quay park.
    May-august022.jpg

i have some terrible problems with focus sometimes, suppose i need a tripod!

Here is a very recent one taken earlier one.

PICT0002.jpg

Hey Berty, any chance you could Photoshop a decent result into that picture? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭RINO87

ha, look at all the "fans" lovely and warm in the boxes, while the few die hards are freezing their asses off on the terrace to get a good spot! nice shot!!

this thread is coming along nicely!! an fhile, when are you going around taking the new pics of sites in limerick? im itching to get my camera out again, although i'm flat to the mat with college work this weather...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭soldering iron

Here's another few pictures, the light was bad at 10,30 this morning

IMG_0209.jpg

IMG_0210.jpg

IMG_0211.jpg

IMG_0212.jpg

IMG_0213.jpg

:D:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Magnum

RINO87 wrote: »
    ha, look at all the "fans" lovely and warm in the boxes, while the few die hards are freezing their asses off on the terrace to get a good spot! nice shot!!

My knee's are still numb.....................

Advertisement