Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pictures (Dialup death)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Magnum wrote: »
    My knee's are still numb.....................

My feet are sore due to the damn cold. My OH was wearing slip ons with thin socks. She could barely walk down the 4 flights of stairs to get out but was happy when I put the heating in the car on to foot well mode.

I dont envy those folk in the box's or all those crammed into the hospitality suite. I watched a match in a box one evening and was surrounded by non rugby people and mostly WAG's. Out of 40 people in the box I was one of 3 men actually outside watching the match on the private terrace.

I watched the Canada match in the rain, in the terraces, and was happier than I was when in the box.

If I was rich I would pay the 20K for a box per year but only if filthy rich. Stand with the prolitariate - no thanks. ;)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Since everyone is posting pics here's a few of mine around Limerick and Castletroy:
    http://www.zooomr.com/photos/5uspect/sets/37563/view-detail/

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

RINO87 wrote: »
    this thread is coming along nicely!! an fhile, when are you going around taking the new pics of sites in limerick? im itching to get my camera out again, although i'm flat to the mat with college work this weather...

I'll probably get started on Tuesday, depends on whether or not I manage to get myself a new bike. My much loved bargain mountain-bike was stolen on New Year's Eve :(

The plan is to start at the Treaty Stone and gradually get most of the City photographed by the weekend. Getting shots of Thomond Park, the Gaelic Grounds and other venues could be the tricky part. I'm not back in college til the 26th so I'll have plenty of time to get that part done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭RINO87

5uspect wrote: »
    Since everyone is posting pics here's a few of mine around Limerick and Castletroy:
    http://www.zooomr.com/photos/5uspect/sets/37563/view-detail/

some excellent photo's there!, i'd love to get into photography a bit more but dont think i'd have the patience:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭soldering iron

IMG_0214.jpg

IMG_0216.jpg

IMG_0217.jpg

IMG_0218.jpg

IMG_0219.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

picture.php?albumid=362&pictureid=1855
    picture.php?albumid=362&pictureid=1854
    picture.php?albumid=362&pictureid=1853
    picture.php?albumid=362&pictureid=1852
    picture.php?albumid=362&pictureid=1851
    picture.php?albumid=362&pictureid=1850
    picture.php?albumid=362&pictureid=1849
    picture.php?albumid=362&pictureid=1848
    picture.php?albumid=362&pictureid=1847picture.php?albumid=362&pictureid=1846

Raiser wrote:
    was always tempted to climb a wall or two and explore Curraghchase house actually so thanks for saving me the trouble Inibaz. Anyone have any decent links, photos of the history etc.? Searched one time, but found very little online about the house or area.

The last I've heard the entrance was concreted up not too soon after my visit,which is a shame :( To get in you had to take down a couple of stacked concrete blocks from a window,hop in and then reassemble them all again from the inside.All the while hoping the land owner doesn't drive into the yard!Then you had to do the exact same thing on the way out!
    An Fhile wrote:
    I've a project planned for the next few weeks, will be taking photographs of as many local landmarks as possible, if anybody wants to join in PM me.
    Sounds interesting,will send a PM.

I visited Carrigiogunnell not too long ago aswell,very interesting spot.If you ever go back and want to get a good view of the Shannon,you're able to get to the top of one of the towers.If you walk out over the ledge in the left of "DSCF0016" ,you can then sidle out along another ledge which brings you to a hidden staircase in the wall which goes up to the third storey of the tower!The views are fantastic from there.

By the way there's some history on it here(some history there on Curraghchase aswell): http://www.abandonedireland.com/Carrigogunnel.html
    Wetbench4 wrote:
    but just wondering, whats the lands poisoned sign all about? Makes it look like its a nuclear power station. Great pic.

Thanks,I think it was for killing ragworth along the bank,so that the sheep grazing there didn't eat it.I don't know too much about agriculture though so I could be wrong.

IMG_0285.jpg

IMG_0280.jpg

IMG_0289.jpg

IMG_0293.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

a few of the Milk Market from above...

Mungret (taken with a mobile, blurry...)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

I took this in Cratloe Woods.

BigFootPatCORB_468x567.jpg

Cratloe Woods near Eureka, California? Are you Roger Patterson?

:P

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Fantastic pictures talkingclock, especially the Mungret batch.

Ardscoil Ris, you brighten up this forum with your humour! :D

Here is another I took in Lahinch.

loch_ness_monster_2.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality :(

I take pictures with an escalator, a gear bag and a camera. I doubt anybody would like to see those. :D

Berty wrote: »
    I take pictures with an escalator, a gear bag and a camera. I doubt anybody would like to see those. :D

I would...for research purposes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Bubba HoTep

anoble66 wrote: »
    no problem with the pics other than u should blur out the number plates on the cars if your going to put them on a public site.

why???

why???

Because people like me use those photos to pick our next victims...

why???

Often a topic in the motors forum but the forum rules in motors state you cannot mention a number plate without picture evidence so vice versa really.

I dont see a problem with it.

My reg is 06 LH 2639

and here is a picture so people can steal my identity.

PICT0529.jpg

IMG_0249.jpg

IMG_0262.jpg

IMG_0263.jpg

IMG_0264.jpg

• Advertisement

Berty wrote: »
    Often a topic in the motors forum but the forum rules in motors state you cannot mention a number plate without picture evidence so vice versa really.

I dont see a problem with it.

My reg is 06 LH 2639

and here is a picture so people can steal my identity.

PICT0529.jpg

Validated :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Freewheeling Ed

whos the dude with the luger and the seagull hat ??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Get out of the road!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Can you give any information on what happened to this house, was it a civil war casualty.

Who’s the mystery lady in the white coat?;)

A Mystery figure in white? In a ruined Castle?!?!?!? Be careful or all the Nutjobs over on the Paramaniac Forum here on Boards are going to be enlarging sections of that photo and doing obscene things while studying it in Hotel conference rooms the privacy of their own homes...... :(
    a few of the Milk Market from above...

- Jesus Talkingclock - you're a tall fúcker aren't ya?

2 pics from the shannon walk out to UL and a random pic

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Whatsthat.jpg is that springs from trampolines?

Whatsthat.jpg is that springs from trampolines?

no... plastic clothes-pegs :D

The first two there are great, talkingclock. I was cursing myself the other day, had a wonderful view of the Clarion mirrored in the Shannon but didn't have my camera. :(

First folder of pictures uploaded and available to view

here

Sorry it's a Bebo page, it was the best I could come up with at short notice! :o

• Advertisement

Second folder of pictures added today: "Canal Bank Walk"

Advertisement