Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

H&M in Cork?

Options
  • 27-12-2008 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭

I heard rumours that they were coming to cork... Dunno when or where? Anyone have any info to back this up?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭g.quagmire

WTF is H&M

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Clothing retailer!

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

Someone said the Academy centre alright, but that was before topshop commited so I really don't know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭save_our_socks

Supposedly going in by TK Maxx in 2010.....dunno how true that is though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

g.quagmire wrote: »
    WTF is H&M

Nice cheap clothes. A step above Penneys as in you can actually look good in the clothes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭markok84

Kold wrote: »
    Nice cheap clothes. A step above Penneys as in you can actually look good in the clothes.

Whats wrong with Penneys?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Supposedly going in by TK Maxx in 2010.....dunno how true that is though!!

It's a shame the amount of empty units in the TK Maxx centre. When you look at the old Matthews Centre & Academy St Centre & the Dunnes development you'd wonder who was going to locate in all these retail units. That was before any recession kicked in!
    There's not enough shoppers in Cork to warrant all these extra retail spaces on top of the traditional high street. There's more demand for a multi-storey car park than anything else!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Cant forget about Blackpool where there is loads of retail space available!

markok84 wrote: »
    Whats wrong with Penneys?

Cheap looking and very poor quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭markok84

Kold wrote: »
    Cheap looking and very poor quality.

Cheap looking agreed, but the quality of some of the jeans is as good if not better than the up market chains... And what with the "recessh" and all....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

I heard they were going into the new Douglas S.C.....

markok84 wrote: »
    Cheap looking agreed, but the quality of some of the jeans is as good if not better than the up market chains... And what with the "recessh" and all....

Which is why a H&M will kick ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

i love love love h&m. none of this crap *wamp or *odern ****e! its nearly as good as river island but not really.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

H&M in Limerick is good but not a patch on the selection of clothes that have in the German and Swiss stores

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Mimibear

DCC160 wrote: »
    H&M in Limerick is good but not a patch on the selection of clothes that have in the German and Swiss stores

Yeah the H&M stores I have been in in the UK seem to be so much better than what's on offer in the Limerick store, like the clothes and quality seem to differ quite a bit. I was always a fan of it while I lived in the UK but not so much here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

Sure H&M quality is nicer than Penney's but also the prices are higher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭lovemypinkhat

If it does end up coming to Cork, it better be slightly better than that shocking Limerick store. I've given up trying Irish H&Ms because they only get the utter crap stock. Give me Berlin or Stockholm with one on every corner, each one stocking completely different stuff to the last. Woop woo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

DCC160 wrote: »

That'll be the problem, a bit like FCUK - we'll never get the good stuff - or more importantly the good cheap stuff

they do make some really good stuff though - especially if your in any kind of half decent shape

But i still think you can't beat outlets on the Continent, the likes that have out of season D&G and the likes - especially for presents - well worth saving up for if your more into cities then resorts when it comes to holidays

Remember Nothing says I love you like a pair of Gucci sunglasses

especially when they've been discounted to around €80

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

That'll be the problem, a bit like FCUK - we'll never get the good stuff - or more importantly the good cheap stuff

they do make some really good stuff though - especially if your in any kind of half decent shape

But i still think you can't beat outlets on the Continent, the likes that have out of season D&G and the likes - especially for presents - well worth saving up for if your more into cities then resorts when it comes to holidays

thats pretty much what i brother does. Goes to the US one every 1 year/year and half and buys huge amounts of clothes in all the outlets malls over there. Its worth it too cuz the guys clothes over here are fairly crap and expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

Anyone hear if H&M are definitely coming to Cork?

• Advertisement

loopymum wrote: »
    Anyone hear if H&M are definitely coming to Cork?

if you want a definite answer

H&M press office - Chloe Bowers, +44 2 073 23 22 11

anything else is hear-say

if you want a definite answer

H&M press office - Chloe Bowers, +44 2 073 23 22 11

anything else is hear-say

will you call them so and let me know what chloe says lol :p:p:p

will you call them so and let me know what chloe says lol :p:p:p

better the just guessing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭flo8s967qjh0nd

H & M are definitely coming to Cork. They'll be based in the new Academy Street development (along with Topman/shop). They have applied for planning permission to modify their unit in the new development.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭flo8s967qjh0nd

FYI
    H&M are going into the Academy Street development. They are taking the first unit at the Crawford Gallery end of the Street....i.e. opposite Meadows and Byrne.

They havn't even finished the building yet! What am i going to do now <o>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

g.quagmire wrote: »
    WTF is H&M

They are originally a French chain of clothes shops. They do female, male and kids clothing. Been 2 one of them n Nice and Paris before and they have several levels, cool out. If they were comin 2 Cork,theyd either be setting up shop n that new shopping centre thats being built on Patrick St (where Dunnes used to be) or maybe further up beyond Debenhams.Like, theyre a big store so they wouldnt be relegated 2 some back arse of a street.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

Do they have real man clothes or is it all that skinny boy fashionable sh!te?

I need something to fit my girth ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Skinny boi sh!te as you call it mainly.

Most likely will have back water selection of clothes here same as Limerick as the Paris H&Ms have every selection known to Man & more to the point Woman!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭indiana jones

H&M are not french. they are swedish!!!!
    stands for Hennes and mauratz.

Advertisement