Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Dissapointments

Options
  • 27-12-2008 7:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭

What games have people been most dissapointed with? It could be ones that you have waited ages for and then been so let down by,some which looked good and turned out to be balls or anything similair.

I'll start off. I was dissapointed with Kane and Lynch Dead Men,I think thats what it was called. Found the gameplay to be very boring and lack luster.

Also let down by GTA 4. Having pre booked it and waited so long for it I could not believe how much I did not like the game,instead now playing Saints Row 2.

Finally,Motorstorm. I realise it was one of the first games out on PS3,so I was expecting a really good start. The game was incredibly repetitive and didnt really even have a proper career mode.

Anybody else feel this way about any games,or would like to contradict what I said? Im sure there are people who completely disagree with my games mentioned

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

MGS 4 was a tad dissapointing on reflection but I still enjoyed it overall.

Deus Ex: Insivible War. Again I enjoyed this game but its not a patch on the first one.

I have quite a few like that. Its not that are they terrible games its just they did not meet my expectations. The bar was usally set very high by the games that came before them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Azza wrote: »
    MGS 4 was a tad dissapointing on reflection but I still enjoyed it overall.

Deus Ex: Insivible War. Again I enjoyed this game but its not a patch on the first one.

I have quite a few like that. Its not that are they terrible games its just they did not meet my expectations. The bar was usally set very high by the games that came before them.
    Hmm I was gonna buy MGS4 today actually but didnt, if you hadnt played any other MGS games would you still have been dissapointed?
    I am a MGS virgin:P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Azza wrote: »
    Deus Ex: Insivible War.

I'll second that.

The latest need for speed (can't think of the title), don't think I've played a good nfs game on the 360 though, the sequels died a death after the original xbox.

I'll second that.

The latest need for speed (can't think of the title), don't think I've played a good nfs game on the 360 though, the sequels died a death after the original xbox.
    Always thought Need for Speed Underground or Underground 2 were the best,had them on PS2.

Also,any of the Smacdowns since Here Comes The Pain. Gameplay really remains the same,hasnt evolved,but whats with all these new ****ty wrestlers that have gone in?

If I had not played any other MGS games I would of been more impressed with the gameplay and action cut scenes. However the plot would just be a mess (even knowing the back story the plot is still wacky) and it would of been far more painful sitting through the insanely bland and sleep inducing breifings. Gameplay wise I felt it played similar to the previous games but it was easier to play rambo style so stealth was not as important. Also it did not have as many decent injokes as the first 3 games had. From a technical perspective the game is very good.

i still think its a good game but I'd recommend playing MGS 3 first (particular as its a prequel and beginning of the MGS story) as its the strongest in the series in my opinion. If you like that then consider the rest of the series.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Alone in the Dark, the new one, there is so many good litttle things in it but the general gameplay let it down bigtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

The first Gears of War
    GTA 4

Dreadful imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

UT3. What a hyped up pile of crap

Oh. forgot Rainbow 6 Vegas 2. Think i played the first level and traded it in

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

UT3. What a hyped up pile of crap

yup. dumbed it down for consoles. simple as that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

greetings wrote: »
    Oh. forgot Rainbow 6 Vegas 2. Think i played the first level and traded it in

Agreed. Was awful, very poor looking too.

They're seriously milking that franchise!

Must say I did love Splinter Cell Double Agent though,another Tom Clancy game

• Registered Users Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Driv3r, dera lord i should have seen it coming yet, such a bad game. even more crazy is the fact that i beat it, think i remember just shooting the last boss in the head without him realising, lamest last boss of all time! awful!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,917 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I really liked R6V2 - not as good as the first as i prefered the actual Vegas setting of the first game. However, I absolutely loved terrorist hunting with mates in both, and especially in the second.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

civilisation 4. I prefered civ 3.

Oh well I guess the future of 1v1 FPS deathmatch games is largely dependent on the success of Quake Live.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,279 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

MGS3 was far removed from the first two imo and just getting past the first few bits of gameplay were taxing. I eventually called it quits when dealing with the sniper. Its been 2 yearsm so I wonder if the save file is even still there: I hear he dies of old age long before then. It was getting really good but I just became so frustrated with that boss.

Of course Spore - I've been hyped about that game for a couple years now, and to see it get bum****ed by DRM issues was a big disappointment. Im glad I didnt spend money on it (yet)

Hellgate: London. Lets just please not go there. Your sister gets you a nice $50 gift card for gamestop and you buy Hellgate: London. You sir are then a tool.

Overheal wrote: »
    MGS3 was far removed from the first two imo and just getting past the first few bits of gameplay were taxing. I eventually called it quits when dealing with the sniper. Its been 2 yearsm so I wonder if the save file is even still there: I hear he dies of old age long before then. It was getting really good but I just became so frustrated with that boss.

Of course Spore - I've been hyped about that game for a couple years now, and to see it get bum****ed by DRM issues was a big disappointment. Im glad I didnt spend money on it (yet)

Hellgate: London. Lets just please not go there. Your sister gets you a nice $50 gift card for gamestop and you buy Hellgate: London. You sir are then a tool.
    Haha,I have no idea what Hellgate is but I feel for you:P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Spore for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Deus Ex 2, GTA San Andreas and GTA IV (so far, graphical issues).

Also, Enter The Matrix!
    lawl, back in your box forever CDs, all 4 of ye.

I remember looking forward to Spore, then I messed around with the creature creator thing, made one creature and didn't even add legs to him or anything, hahaha. HYPE!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

Assassin's Creed. The game was fun but the trailers made it look much better than it actually was. It was too repetitive and there was so much potential.

Fringe wrote: »
    Assassin's Creed. The game was fun but the trailers made it look much better than it actually was. It was too repetitive and there was so much potential.
    Dam,I still never got around to playing it but still wanted to.:(

The sniper battle in MGS 3 is regarded as one of the greatest boss battles in the history of gaming. I thought it was brillaint. Only took me one attempt to beat him and was about 25 minutes long. Later in rush mode I killed in 2 attacks so battle lasted like 4 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

The latest Prince of Persia game is as boring and insipid as I feared. I was wrong about the mysterious woman getting in the way of platforming (shame the platforming is so bland it hurts), but she's a pathetic addition in every other way. The platforming is stiff and unexciting, the dialogue is awful, the voices are obnoxious and painful, the combat is slow and clunky, and sweet Azathoth don't get me started on the "power plates" wankery.

Oh, it's pretty, there's no denying that, but it can't hold a candle to the previous games in terms of fun, and that includes the original PoP, horrendous 80's sound and all. It has nothing that makes a PoP game what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,279 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

that made me feel a little better not shelling out $25 for it

Another one was X: Beyond the Frontier. What the hell were they thinking? No idea what the hell was going on there. It went very slowly. They even let you buy a time dilation machine for your ship its that slow. Freelancer was a much better use of my money at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Although I did spend a good while at it, I found Oblivion a bit of a let down. Spose it was gonna be hard to follow Morrowind but I just expected a bit more...

B00MSTICK wrote: »
    Although I did spend a good while at it, I found Oblivion a bit of a let down. Spose it was gonna be hard to follow Morrowind but I just expected a bit more...
    What actually is oblivion?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Always thought Need for Speed Underground or Underground 2 were the best,had them on PS2.

I have a copy of underground for the original xbox but can't play it in the 360 - there was never an update brought it out for compatibility:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

What actually is oblivion?

It's a nice-looking tech demo.

• Advertisement

Sarky wrote: »
    It's a nice-looking tech demo.
    I'll pretend i know what that is...:P

Advertisement