Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Dissapointments

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Resident Evil 4?- Where's the fcukin zombies Capcom? Good game but thought story was crap.

Resident Evil was never about the story. All the games are terrible in this regard but I find the B-movie quality more endearing than anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Resident Evil 4?- Where's the fcukin zombies Capcom?

The Los Ganados were technically a kind of zombie. Not the mainstream shuffling gait variety but the older tribal variety.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

GTA4.

They took everything fun about that the game, the care-free non-sandboxed game play and then threw in those stupid phone calls and friends. I quit before getting out of the first area.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Decerto

GTA4 - wasnt 1/4 of the fun the others were and the "realistic" driving was just annoying

Cod:waw - wasnt expecting much from treyarch and they delivered

Oblivion - was ok but no where near as immense as morrowind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 agent 47

I'm going to have to say that the following were a huge disappointmet and sucked;

1. Assassin's Creed
    2. GTA 4
    3. Gears of War 2
    4. Double Agent (was nothing compared to Caos Theory)
    5. Mirror's Edge

There are more but they are the main ones

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭bigdaddyliamo

Assasin's Creed sucked A**, also Ninja Gaiden Sigma was a hugh let down.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,607 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Some very odd selections here for disappointments of the year, not sure if you should allowed in these pages if you are downbeat about Resi 4, that game, both PS2 and Wii, were simply awesome and as brilliant as the original, roll on Resi 5.

As for my own personal disappointments, has to be FarCry 2.
    After a summer of hype and wonderful magazine reviews, not to mention fond memories of its predecessor, I loaded it up on the 360, and was bored senseless after a week, traded it on Adverts for FableII, thank the gods!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,677 ✭✭✭Trampas

and this is why people download games.

People want value for their money

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Assasin's Creed
    TimeSplitters 3
    Armed Assault

im sure i'll think of more later. By the way, I have to agree, COD4 single player was terrible imo, fantastic mp tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

- Spore, by far the most overhyped disappointing game ever..

- Deus Ex 2.

- That game in the UFO series that was just a rubbish fighter sim (Interceptor?)

- Crysis second half, same as FarCry

- Was enjoying FarCry 2, but then broke off to play Fallout, and now I just can't get back into it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

agent 47 wrote: »
    I'm going to have to say that the following were a huge disappointmet and sucked;

1. Assassin's Creed
    2. GTA 4
    3. Gears of War 2
    4. Double Agent (was nothing compared to Caos Theory)
    5. Mirror's Edge

There are more but they are the main ones

Couldn't agree more.

The second half of Far Cry 1 (Xbox) was awful.
    COD: World at War was a bit of a let down.
    The Madden games after 2007. Dreadful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gino85

EndWar: just couldnt get into it, but then again im not that much of an rts player

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

its a repeating record but I side very strongly with retrogamer on how much of a huge disapointment MGS4 was for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Trampas wrote: »
    and this is why people download games.

People want value for their money

Quote of the week methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Quake wars

Fuel of war

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

Mario galaxy on the wii was ridiculously simple, which took a lot of the fun out of it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

does commodores comeback count as a gaming disappointment? i was rather expecting something different to pc builds :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Dark Chronicle.

MGS4 was good, not as goo das 3 I will agree but my god MGO is amazing-I am hooked. Could have sold me that on its own.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Loco

counter-strike source
    kotor 2
    fallout 3

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

GTA IV - I bought the PS3 for this game. Got to the second Island and gave up. Will probably come back to it on the PC at some stage, but it was a huge let down imo, way too serious and not enough places to go in between missions.

Spore - What a boring game. Lasted about 4 hours into it and I couldn't do it anymore. Thought I was going to come back to it, but eventually resigned myself to uninstalling it.

Far Cry 2 - Good game, but no where near the level of mind bending freedom of story that we'd been told to expect. Overall it was basically a glorified fire simulator.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

Any Need for Speed game afterMost Wanted. MW had the right amount of tchnological advancements with a decent+simple storyline, great/funny physics, a great map and no rapper saying "hey yo dawg. My fella, he heard a gang want to race yall"

Carbon had a crap storyline and terrible boss fights. Pro street. Oh holy **** that is one ****ing **** heap of **** game.

Yet to try Undercover, but don't want to

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

GTA IV
    MGS 4
    Need for Speed (again)
    Far Cry 2
    AssAssIn Creeds
    Pro Evo (again)

Which was most disappointing, has to be GTA IV then Pro Evo(Konami are trying to ruin themselves).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Actually, I have to add GTA4 (PC) - enjoyed it at first, but the more I play it, the worse it gets. There's too many niggly things spoiling enjoyment of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

giggsy664 wrote: »
    Yet to try Undercover, but don't want to

Undercover is pretty much a repackaged Most Wanted. But, unlike Most Wanted, which had mandatory Cop chases, you can go through nearly all of Undercover and choose not to do most of them. The cops, even on their hardest level are too easy to get away from.

The other problem is that it hasn't innovated in any area. I guess EA thought "Hey MW was successful, lets just do that again"... the problem is MW was new and different when it came out, Undercover just feels like a poor rehash of an already exhausted concept.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

Halo.......Didn't I just do that level?? yawn
    Halo 2....The Arbitor?? What the hell was that about??? yawn
    Halo 3....Isn't this just the same game with better graphics. yawn

Probably the most overrated franchise in gaming history.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

smooch71 wrote: »
    Halo.......Didn't I just do that level?? yawn
    Halo 2....The Arbitor?? What the hell was that about??? yawn
    Halo 3....Isn't this just the same game with better graphics. yawn

Probably the most overrated franchise in gaming history.

+1.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭tororosso

FIFA 09 on the Wii....they should be ashamed of themsleves :mad:
    Absolutely appalling port..Really childish Wii version with crap graphics. :mad:
    Played it for 16 minutes and brought it back to the shop; Also at that moment decided that the Wii was crud and nearly every game was aimed at kids:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Fallout 3 - After 5 hours waiting for something to happen, I relaized that was it

GTA 4 - Broken, repetitive, joyless and planeless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭Tyranax

Final Fantasy XII - There's grinding and there's pulling the proverbial.

PES 2009 - Oh great, you're still arcadey then. Class.

Don King's Prizefighter - What's this you say? You're going to be a real competitor to Fight Night? With a proper story and everything in career mode? Oh snap, your collision detection is terrible, and you don't convey boxing as well as Fight Night. Better luck next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Tyranax wrote: »
    Final Fantasy XII - There's grinding and there's pulling the proverbial.

PES 2009 - Oh great, you're still arcadey then. Class.

Don King's Prizefighter - What's this you say? You're going to be a real competitor to Fight Night? With a proper story and everything in career mode? Oh snap, your collision detection is terrible, and you don't convey boxing as well as Fight Night. Better luck next year.

Still arcadey? When did it start being arcadey in your opinion?

Advertisement