Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Dissapointments

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Every Molyneux game since Populous.

Ah, well Fable 1 & 2 were alright I guess. Nothing could live up to his hype machine though!

• Registered Users Posts: 83,279 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

populous the begining was great craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Chumpski

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'll try and return the favour by sticking out the first few stinking hours of Kingdom Hearts 2 :)

I think Suikoden V was the worst for having a poor start. The first 5 hours were pretty bad. It was just you as the prince of a country going about fulfilling some ambassador work with a pretty shallow and unoriginal plot going on. Stuck it out because I loved the series so much. Really glad I did. There's a plot twist that really shakes things up and the rest of the game is RPG bliss.

KH 2 is a much better game than the original. The one thing i would say is that its a little too easy on normal so if you wanted a challenge then set it to hard. I actually thought the first 3-4 hours was very well done with plenty of wtf is going on moments. I never played the GBA game in between but was aware of the plot twist at the end that led into KH 2. Definetly play it.

I have Suikoden 5 to play as well. I think ill give that a proper play in a month or two after i finish okami.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,428 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

What I didn't like about KH2 was just how easy it was. There was no challenge just mashing the X button got you through everything. KH1 was bastard hard and a great challenge, up there with ninja gaiden and devil may cry which is why I liked it so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Fahrenheit

Poor design decisions and a story lacking in cohesiveness -
    "you're cold as ice" (why, that's one of my main fetishes. I have a great idea... let us screw!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭Tyranax

Fnz wrote: »
    Fahrenheit

Poor design decisions and a story lacking in cohesiveness -
    "you're cold as ice" (why, that's one of my main fetishes. I have a great idea... let us screw!

I liked Fahrenheit, the atmosphere in the game was great, although I will admit that it got weird once you stop the focus on Lucas coping with the aftermath of what he did. The story was great up until near the end where (Spoiler):
    Guess what, you have superpowers! You are dead but still here! You have to save the world! The Internet is out to rule the world! Interdimensional fun things!
    I liked it, but I can understand that it's not everybody's cup of tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

I, personally, found the (twin stick) QTE interface to be poorly implemented - difficult to see in the face of the action going on behind it. It added extra challenge, in a most frustrating (and I can only imagine, unintentional) way. If there was a way to boost up the colour/contrast of the interface, or mute the background a little so that players could more readily see the commands they were being asked to mimic, it would have been much better. On the same note you don't get to fully appreciate the sequence going on in the background during the QTEs.

Also, I understand the use of the time limit on your chance to respond in some instances (to avoid suspicion) but it is also used at the most inappropriate times when there would be no real time constraint.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Chumpski wrote: »
    KH 2 is a much better game than the original. The one thing i would say is that its a little too easy on normal so if you wanted a challenge then set it to hard. I actually thought the first 3-4 hours was very well done with plenty of wtf is going on moments. I never played the GBA game in between but was aware of the plot twist at the end that led into KH 2. Definetly play it.

I have Suikoden 5 to play as well. I think ill give that a proper play in a month or two after i finish okami.

I agree. The opening plot revelation was brilliantly done "Looks like my summer vacation is over" *cue music*
    Retr0gamer wrote: »
    What I didn't like about KH2 was just how easy it was. There was no challenge just mashing the X button got you through everything. KH1 was bastard hard and a great challenge, up there with ninja gaiden and devil may cry which is why I liked it so much.

I wish I had started it on hard-same as with MGS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

halo 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭Tyranax

Fnz wrote: »
    Also, I understand the use of the time limit on your chance to respond in some instances (to avoid suspicion) but it is also used at the most inappropriate times when there would be no real time constraint.

The bookstore owner springs to mind here....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

new prince of persia, especially the fighting bits. just feels the same every time

• Registered Users Posts: 83,279 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Anyone get Defense Grid on Steam? I wanna know if its worth my money.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

fable 2

Advertisement